Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: X-Com on Forums: Test Version  (Read 21639 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com on Forums: Test Version
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2015, 11:07:09 am »

I'm still confused as to how the number of engineers affect the production times. Can you pull up the scaling factor for research? I know for a fact that the time of research is base time*30/number of scientists.

Also those variable names are really non indicative :v

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2015, 11:48:37 am »

I'm still confused as to how the number of engineers affect the production times.
I guess that when you have more than the optimal amount of engineers the time needed to finish an object is reduced by 3% for every additional engineer. Though I'm not sure if having 10 additional engineers reduces the time by 30% or if it reduces it by 3% ten times.

EDIT: ((This is vanilla))
Quote from: http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer
Engineers also reduce the Credit, Elerium and Alien Alloy cost of items by up to fifty percent. This stacks with other bonuses. Adjusted costs can be calculated using the following formula (results are rounded down):  Cost = Base Cost × 0.5 × (1 + (Required Engineers ÷ Total Engineers))

For an item that requires 10 engineers, having 15 reduces the cost by roughly 17%. Having 20 (twice as many as needed) reduces it by 25%. Having a whopping 40 engineers only reduces it by 37.5% in spite of being four times as many as necessary. When choosing what reward to pursue, the player should carefully weigh how many engineers they have against the highest engineer requirements of the available items.
Can you pull up the scaling factor for research?
Not sure if this is what you need, but here it is:

; Research/Laboratories
NUM_STARTING_SCIENTISTS=10
LAB_MINIMUM=10
LAB_MULTIPLE=10
LAB_BONUS=0.2
LAB_ADJACENCY_BONUS=0.1

; Techs
TECH_TIME_BALANCE=10   ; Multiplier for all tech iTime values. Time in hours for 1 scientist is (iTime * Tech_Time_Balance * 72)

(iTime * Tech_Time_Balance * 72)/24/number of scientists gives me the same results as iTime*30/number of scientists.

Quote from: Nexus wiki
Research/Laboratories

Number of starting scientists, the MINIMUM number of scientists you need for your first lab, then the MULTIPLE you need for each additional Lab (First at 6, second at 11, third at ; 16, etc). The time reduction bonus you get per lab, in this case 0.2 means you are getting a 20% BONUS per lab in research time reduction. Adjacency bonus of 0.1 works the same ; way, giving you a 10% additional bonus in time reduction.

Engineering/Workshops

Identical to the research/lab section, only for engineers. Here the percentages are clearly stated as such, so for each adjacent lab you are getting a 7% cost REFUND (not cost reduction) on foundry projects, item building, and facility building. ENG BONUS is the number of engineers each workshop gives.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:34:22 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2015, 01:25:03 pm »

In Long War all engineers do is reduce the amount of time needed to build something.

I think I know how having less than the optimal amount of engineers increase the time (base time*optimum engineers/number of engineers), but still trying to figure out the decrease formula.

Also there are some items whose price and build time don't appear in the wiki, such as the satellite. Can you pull price, time and optimal engineers for building a satellite to see if it's possible?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2015, 01:32:00 pm »

Itembalance_Normal=(eItem=eItem_Satellite,               iCash=200,   iElerium=0,      iAlloys=0,      iTime=25,   iEng=10)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2015, 01:42:31 pm »

200§ for a satellite? Wow.

Can you check where the iEng lead to? Maybe the devs annotated the formula.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2015, 02:16:01 pm »

Can't find it in the files.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »

Dang it. Oh well, I have some empirical data that might help:

SCOPE with 10 eng (req 15) takes 11 days (base 7) so this is where I got the (base*req/eng) for less than req engs.

Satellite with 42 eng (req 10) takes 18 days (base 25).
MEC-2 with 94 eng (req 50) takes 9 days (base 14).

All fractions are rounded up I believe.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2015, 06:53:57 am »

Eureka! I think I figured out the formula:

[0,5 + 0,5*0,97^(number of engineers - optimal engineers)]*base time

Last thing is the build quickly option. I suspect it increases the cost by 50% of every resource + 10 Meld and reduces time by half, but I still need to confirm it.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2015, 10:09:00 pm »

I must say, this game has been an interesting ride so far. I really liked the little bits of flavor you put in with all the actions, making it seem more organic, like an actual mission was taking place. I perfectly visualized the Sectoids going "FUCK--" right as the AP grenade clattered inside their cover and exploded, and Andrea dashing through that Overwatch like a pro and laying down a perfect SMG burst right to the skull of the second-to-last one. Adriana pwning that charging Sectoid with a carbine was also so damn satisfying. I'm really looking forward to when we get some actual squad support weapons/shotguns/sniper rifles in here and what you do with those.

So what are your plans going forward? Will you create an entire new topic for the 'full' XCOM game? Also, will you be doing 'squad size research' to get us up to 7 and 8 people respectively once we get an Officer Training School? Or keep us at 8 for now? Oh, and I'm guessing the research and engineering will be done suggestion game-style in which we all vote for what to build and when?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2015, 06:42:27 am »

I have to give credit to GiglameshDespair since he did all the flavor. We've been cooperating so far.

And yes I have a new topic ready for XCOM the full game, it should be up today and most of everything is explained there. Strategic game will be suggestion styled and tactical game will be like this test.

Edit: here it is!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:25:31 am by Solymr »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]