Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: X-Com on Forums: Test Version  (Read 21649 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com on Forums: Test Version
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2015, 07:39:34 pm »

So it's like it is in XCOM Enemy Within, noted.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2015, 06:43:22 am »

Omg I just realized Grenadier Andrea will bring twice the greatest grenades of all time D:

Meanwhile I'm gonna compile things to start the full XCOM game, if you're interested you can start posting here and I'll bring it over to the other thread when it's made.

There's up to 25 soldiers at the start, but more players can sign up for waitlist for when more soldiers are hired because everyone dashes to their deaths :v

People can sign up again if they died but they will have lower priority if someone who hasn't died wants a spot.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2015, 04:57:20 pm »

Alright, yeah, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that I'm taking Engineer. Let's get us some more grenades up in this s***! Not sure if I'll take Sapper or Smoke Grenade at Lance Corporal rank; we'll just have to see. Smoke Grenade is very tempting, though, 'cause that gives me a free item to play with and I can use it and another 'nade on the same turn.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »

On second thought, I'm not changing the progressions, they're fine as is.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2015, 05:37:23 pm »

Submission: Matilda Kiefer
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2015, 05:47:03 pm »

Any suggestions on what weapon Adriana should take? I'm thinking either Marksman rifle or Shotgun, but is there any other suggestions?
Sigtext!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2015, 06:09:26 pm »

Any suggestions on what weapon Adriana should take? I'm thinking either Marksman rifle or Shotgun, but is there any other suggestions?
Generally, you want Scouts to carry shotguns or SMGs in the early game. Shotguns are pretty much a guaranteed kill on any early-game enemy you can get up next to, and have incredible aim bonuses at close range. You have me for cover destruction and support grenades, too, so I could turn a bad situation around enough for you to get a perfect flank. You'd be pretty much stuck with Tac Armor and Ceramic Plating that way, 'cause Scouts tend to be high-risk high-reward (though not nearly as much as Assaults). The Scout's intrinsic mobility bonuses should make up for carrying the extra weight somewhat.

At least, that's what I usually pick for my Scouts in Long War. Marksman Rifle is also a good pick, since it does 1 more damage than the Assault Rifle, has more ammo, and can crit better. Also, since this is Beta 15 rules (as evidenced by Drum Magazines being an item), the aim penalty for firing after moving no longer applies to Marksman Rifles.
EDIT: Oh wait, apparently I was wrong. After reading the files, Marksman Rifles do get -10 aim on shots after moving. However, they get Squadsight and +2 range? Interesting... Normally, you have to get a Marksman Scope to give Scouts Squadsight. Until then, only Snipers could make full use of the DMR's range.
EDIT: Wait, wtf? They changed that too? I'm just reading through the Long War wiki and it looks like Marksman Rifles... they actually don't need Squadsight to reach that 5 extra tiles of range. Wow. Interesting... that kinda makes it pointless to pick up DMR's for my Snipers in that case, unless I really needed that Snap Shot.

EDIT: Also, Solymr, I'll just keep my current stat progression. Thanks for checking.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:30:13 pm by Xvareon »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2015, 06:11:14 pm »

Right, changing weapon to shotgun.
Sigtext!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2015, 06:16:43 pm »

It's also worth mentioning that there are few things in XCOM better for killing Outsiders in early game than shotguns. We're gonna be hitting alien UFOs before long, and Outsiders can be a real pain in the ass if we don't deal with them quickly. A shotgun has a good chance to put one down with a single critical hit at point-blank range, especially if you've equipped a Targeting Module.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2015, 04:58:24 am »

No need to pigeonhole yourself in one weapon right now, when you get picked for a mission you can choose the equipment you want to get.

Also according to the wiki, damage randomization is done differently so I will be using that method from now on.

Also also I have the suspicion that short range penalties for long range weapons are bigger than what I put in there, but I can't find it so if someone can dive into the files and find it I will be thankful.

Adriana:
Promotion to Scout: +4 Aim, +1 Will.
Lightning Reflexes: +0.5 Mov.
Hidden Potential: (49, 5, 5) +1 HP, +5 Aim, +5 Will.

Andrea:
Promotiom to Engineer: +1 HP, +1 Aim, +2 Will.
Hidden Potential (90, 5, 5) +5 Aim, +5 Will.

How did you roll 5 on aim and will twice :v

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2015, 05:23:04 am »

Also also I have the suspicion that short range penalties for long range weapons are bigger than what I put in there, but I can't find it so if someone can dive into the files and find it I will be thankful.
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I found this.

HQASSAULT_MIN_DAYS=14               ; range (in meters) that pistol-slot weapon accuracy degrades
HQASSAULT_MAX_DAYS=30               ; 3.0/This number is 10 times the penalty per meter after pistol slot weapons are fired at targets beyond the range specified in HQASSAULT_MIN_DAYS
CLOSE_RANGE = 14.0f                  ; Distance at which close range penalties/bonuses are assessed
AIM_CLIMB = 3.0f
ASSAULT_AIM_CLIMB = 6.0f            ; rate at which weapons with the eWP_Assault property lose aim when they are above the close range threshold
ASSAULT_LONG_RANGE_MAX_PENALTY = -100
SNIPER_AIM_FALL = -5.0f               ; rate at which weapons with the eWP_Sniper property lose aim when they are under the close range threshold

I also found some stuff about mission loot(cash, elerium, alloys, UFO parts and such), if you want that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:25:44 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2015, 05:30:49 am »

Thanks! I think snipers from now on have (-50+10*distance) penalty.

And I would like to see the loot thing.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2015, 05:38:46 am »

Here you go:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2015, 06:02:15 am »

This is very nice, I have a few questions though:

What are the reward multipliers?
The weapon fragments recovered are really cut to 10%?
Is COUNCILFUNDINGMULTIPLIER actually used for anything?

Also I'm trying to see how engineers reduce building time, I know how research time works but engineering is less explained in the wiki.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2015, 07:16:39 am »

What are the reward multipliers?
Still looking for this.
The weapon fragments recovered are really cut to 10%?
All aliens leave 2 weapon fragments, unless they have a secondary like grenades - then they leave 4. At least that's how it works in vanilla.

So yeah, something is off about that.

FAKEEDIT: Checked out the Nexus wiki.

Quote from: http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php?title=DefaultGameCore.ini_settings_-_XCOM:EU_2012#Fragment_Balance
FragmentBalance seems to govern how many weapon fragments you get from each alien killed without explosives. A sectoid plasma pistol when FB=1 returns about eight fragments; at .25 (the default) that number is 2 fragments.
That means that the 0.10 = 0.8 fragments/0.15 = 1.2 fragments/0.20 = 1.6 fragments.
Is COUNCILFUNDINGMULTIPLIER actually used for anything?
Looks like it's used for these:

COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_EASY=0.34f   ; All Gauss-tech weapons nullify this much Damage Reduction
COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_NORMAL = 1.0f   ; Multiplier for output of Meld Cans on all difficulties
COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_CLASSIC=276.0;Radius of Area of Effect for Danger Zone perk when coupled with suppression
COUNCIL_FUNDING_MULTIPLIER_HARD = 0.5f   ; HEAT Ammo and Warheads bonus damage multiplier (1 = double damage; 0.5 = 50% damage increase, etc.)
Also I'm trying to see how engineers reduce building time, I know how research time works but engineering is less explained in the wiki.
; Engineering/Workshops
NUM_STARTING_ENGINEERS=10
WORKSHOP_MINIMUM=10
WORKSHOP_MULTIPLE=10
WORKSHOP_REBATE_PCT=10         ; Value is the alloy/elerium rebate for the first workshop, with additional workshops the bonus scales asympotically to 50%
WORKSHOP_ENG_BONUS=10         ; Value is the cash reduction for first workshop, with additional workshops the bonus scales asymptotically to 50%
ABDUCTION_REWARD_ENG=0.03f      ; Scaling factor for time-to-complete item/foundry projects ... rate of time-decrease at optimal engineers
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21