Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: X-Com on Forums: Test Version  (Read 21672 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com on Forums: Test Version
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2015, 11:45:49 am »

I got it. Crazy, you have 4 movement even with Mindfray, so you can reach Adrianna's tree and hunker down. Here's what we'll do:

* I'll move to the tree at I19 and fire at Sectoid F.
* Adrianna will take my place at M19 and throw a smoke grenade at K18, catching us in the +20 defense cloud.
* Crazy will move back to N16 (Adrianna's former position) and Hunker Down.
* Arthur will move down to Crazy's former position and fire at Sectoid F (if it's still alive).
* Jane, your best bet is actually to Overwatch to stop Sectoid A and E from moving.

This'll get us into position to breach.
Thanks for the thing about the panic, yet I don't know the formula for panic chances in regular situations. I *think* it's like the other psi effects, but without any caster will.
No problem! I just learned that while watching one of BeagleRush's Impossible Ironman runs last night.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:49:10 am by Xvareon »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2015, 01:33:18 pm »

Excellent. I'm unable to watch much Youtube due to intranets, but if you find more related to panic let me know.

Also might want to check the range of smoke grenades lest one of you gets smoked by the aliens instead.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2015, 07:38:48 pm »

Also might want to check the range of smoke grenades lest one of you gets smoked by the aliens instead.
Alright, never mind, I misread the tooltip. Adrianna, please throw that smoke to I18 to cover me, please. I'm closer and at more risk of getting shot. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:47:25 pm by Xvareon »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2015, 07:52:07 pm »

I don't think I'm allowed to edit actions...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:53:48 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2015, 09:54:19 pm »

That's up to Solymr, then, I guess. My fault for not reading the tooltip properly. I just thought the smoke would create a 3x3 block rather than just a cross-section; that seems a lot more reasonable. I mean, shit, otherwise a Sectoid could literally be standing right next to an HE grenade and suffer absolutely no damage. But since diagonals don't work in this game... *shrug*

Pretty please let him throw the smoke to J18? (Yeah, I miswrote that; I18 would be outside of range of both of us.)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2015, 02:29:04 am »

I do it all the time (well, twice).  As long as you're clear about it, and it hasn't been processed, I don't think Solymir will have a problem with you fixing a mistake. Even if it's an couple of hours after you made it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2015, 04:57:18 am »

So I've been reading up on PSI abilities (can you really be mindfrayed twice?) and it says here it's supposed to have a cooldown of 2 turns (whereas in fact F has been fraying non-stop for 3 turns now)
How does this all work in our game? (I'm guessing from the validity of my last move that at least mobility penalties don't stack)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2015, 05:31:59 am »

Whoops.

Actually let's just say the last two mindfrays weren't valid and he fucked up the 1% shot.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2015, 05:46:58 am »

If we take care of the overwatching sectoid, Andrea could move to F19 and off F. It's risky though.

Also, why are the buildings so empty? I mean, there is no cover in them with the exception of the walls.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2015, 05:56:04 am »

It's the recession of 2016- the banks, knowing barns to be of little value, have foreclosed on furniture instead.
Or something.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2015, 11:20:35 am »

I could run the Overwatch through the smoke, but... that Sectoid could come around the top of the house and get a perfect flanking angle on me. Then I'm fucked. And there's no guarantee a point-blank shot would even kill the little bastard F. This is why I recommended that we pull back and let them come to us, which might actually be a better idea right now than trying to stick it out in a prolonged firefight with Psi-wielding aliens that still have two thirds of their ammo left (yes, Sectoids do have to reload; they get 3 shots and that's all).

Solymr, will that Smoke Grenade last until the Aliens take their next turn? Or will it end by then? If it's gonna end now, we're gonna want to fall back. If not, we can shoot once more before then. But seriously, out here, their position is way too good. We need to withdraw and get them to come out for us. They're gonna do it, too, since they'll be feeling pretty hot after offing two of our guys. Let's get back to the brick walls and back trees and hunker down, or simply get out of sight.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2015, 11:27:48 am »

The smoke lasts for 2 whole turns, so it ends at the start of the next one, after alien activity.

Me and Gigla are frequently on irc, if you want to make a channel to discuss these kind of things maybe we can set up something.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2015, 11:45:03 am »

Hmm... I do have ChatZilla as an IRC client. Not quite sure how to make a channel, though, only join one (unless joining one does make the channel). If you can give me a network and channel name, I can probably join your channel.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2015, 11:47:27 am »

Try server: irc.darkmyst.org channel: #xcom

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2015, 12:35:02 pm »

So our plan is something like:

- Arthur moves to P18 + Overwatch
- Crazy dashes to P14
- Adriana moves N16 + Overwatch/dashes to Q13-15
- Andrea dashes to P19/Q14-15
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21