Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: X-Com on Forums: Test Version  (Read 21696 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com on Forums: Test Version
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2015, 10:24:09 am »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2015, 11:13:42 am »

I'm giving one of the other players permission to move Derek this turn since it's taking a bit too long and this is a test.
Try not to suicide him tho.
Derek to L8, overwatch if he still has the appropriate number of actions.
Derek could also Hunker Down behind that rock, since Sectoids have 60 aim and hunkering in half cover gives 60 defense; that totals out to a 1% chance for them to hit him normally. And they can't flank him, plus the Aiming Angles option hasn't been selected (that I know of, anyway). The only thing they could do is come out to the fence to get a point-blank plasma shot on him, or use Mindfray/Psi Panic. Coming outside to get at him gives us a perfect shot, though.

The real problem is that all the Sectoids are on the northern edge of the house, meaning that he's gonna have one hell of a time actually getting an angle on these guys right now. Even a blue move to that wall will still make him unable to sidestep left to get a flank in the same turn, since there's a fence right in the way. So yeah, moving to L8 behind that tree and playing it safe for now is probably the best move.

By the way, Andrea is likely going to try and swing around the bottom of the house to get a flank through the window (assuming there is one, which there should be). Crazy should probably do the same. We just need to watch that Sectoid F; if he moves down, we're in trouble. Everything could fall apart if Arthur's AP grenade doesn't work right. We need that grenade.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:21:21 am by Xvareon »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2015, 11:29:18 am »

if he moves down, we're in trouble

you know that thing about giving the gm ideas?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:59 am »

if he moves down, we're in trouble
you know that thing about giving the gm ideas?
You know that thing about planning moves out with your team? =P

We'll eventually reach a point where we can understand each others' intentions just by looking at the way they're moving, I'm sure, but this is the very first mission. We're not 'blooded' yet. If I give the GM a few ideas along the way, well, that just makes it more interesting. I mean, it's not even metagaming. If I were a Sectoid taking fire from one angle, I'd want as much wall between me and that angle as possible.

C'mon, let's roll it! We've waited long enough to get this turn over with!

EDIT: By the way, Crazy has used their second action. There's no need to keep their name italicized in the Units list.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:38:24 am by Xvareon »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2015, 11:46:36 am »

I'm going I'm going. Everything is moving slowly. Also derp :v

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2015, 12:19:03 pm »

what does "mindfray" do? Should I shoot my teammates now? Skip a turn? Or just suffer morale penalties?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

-25 Aim, -25 Will, -50% Mov and half throwing distance.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2015, 01:16:42 pm »

I don't suppose I can reload and hunker down on the same turn?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2015, 01:18:46 pm »

Nope. You could do that if you had the Lock 'n Load perk, which, in addition to giving you 1 more ammo to work with, lets you reload as the first action of your turn without ending your turn. But as that's a perk most classes don't get until 2000xp or so, you're stuck doing one or the other. You've still got a pistol, though.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2015, 01:37:55 pm »

Anyone have any ideas for Adriana?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2015, 01:41:04 pm »

O11 and overwatch. You'll be in 'cover' and can catch the X-rays if they move forward.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »

O11 and overwatch. You'll be in 'cover' and can catch the X-rays if they move forward.
Why would they? They're in cover, and already in a position to fire on us. Which is exactly what Adriana can do- shoot a sectoid (F is a possible traget). There's no amount of moving that would get her an accuracy bonus, so why not stay in cover?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2015, 01:49:29 pm »

Why would they? They're in cover, and already in a position to fire on us. Which is exactly what Adriana can do- shoot a sectoid (F is a possible traget). There's no amount of moving that would get her an accuracy bonus, so why not stay in cover?
Sectoid D move one down(and doesn't trigger overwatch). It now has a line of fire on Adriana that doesn't past any cover. It unlikely that is will take that move, but...
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2015, 01:58:48 pm »

If it does, it will go from full, to partial cover and we will light it up like a Christmas tree.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2015, 02:03:45 pm »

After Adriana gets shot...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21