Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear  (Read 8010 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2015, 06:08:08 am »

This wasn't supposed to happen :(

Bears. Nyeh.
Come at me bro, I'll smash you.

Let's take a look at the Job and Request board, see what the spread is. Something that involves fighting. Maybe later checking out the rest of the guild.
We got an axe, we got armor, we have a bear, and we're fresh on the job. Let's go do something interesting.

@Adwarf: I'm in favor of swapping the 1/2 Max Xp needed to Level for Scan personally.
+1 to both.

Can Stamina be a different colour, please? Yellow is annoying to read.

Dimitri/Reznov/Nikolai for bear name. I love all these names.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:14:05 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2015, 01:00:05 pm »

Mage would have been more fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2015, 06:27:54 pm »

My sentiments exactly. I was going to make a character that had an equal max mana and mana regen per turn, thus becoming (loud narrator/title drop voice) INFINI-MAGE!

*sigh*

Is adwarf going to continue Roll to Become a Hero?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »

Yes? Why wouldn't he?

Listen, you don't bug GM's about game unless the thread has been inactive for more than a month, and then only with a PM.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 06:56:36 pm »

My sentiments exactly. I was going to make a character that had an equal max mana and mana regen per turn, thus becoming (loud narrator/title drop voice) INFINI-MAGE!
100% impossible at the time, as it stands the points you need to invest to get mana regen equal to your mana capacity would require at least a dozen levels worth of attribute points (giving a low estimate here sense I'd rather not go into exact details on the system at the moment). On top of that your mana regen does not advance anywhere near as fast as your Mana would from leveling so eventually it would just be recovering a fraction of your over all pool, not the entire thing.

*sigh*

Is adwarf going to continue Roll to Become a Hero?
Uh, yes? There's no reason for me not to continue Roll to Become a Hero, I've been consistently running it for almost a year now. Though my update pace may not be fast on it at times there's reasons for that, and I do my best to deliver updates when I can.

Anyway I'll wait a bit to see if we can reach a more outright consensus on what people want to replace with Scan before I update.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 03:27:57 pm »

Ah. I think my impatience is the result of me reading old threads too much and not having a good sense of time.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »

Can Stamina be a different colour, please? Yellow is annoying to read.

Dimitri/Reznov/Nikolai for bear name. I love all these names.

I agree with both points, a green would be nice and typical of stamina.

Also, I'm partial to Nikolai.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 08:59:57 am »

Patting Nikolai on the head you immediately head over to the job board, and begin to scour it for any Rookie ranked Jobs or Requests. Out of dozens of notices on the board you only manage to find two Rookie ranked Request, and a Rookie ranked Job for you to undertake:

Standing Order: Wolf Pelts
Quest Information: Nuenberg's Ruler has put a standing bounty on wolves for all Adventurers, to cash in simply bring sets of three Wolf Pelts to the counter in the Adventurer's Guild Chapter House and receive your payment.
Payment: 30 Coppers for every 3 Wolf Pelts.
Guild Points Earned: 1 upon each completion

Kobold Subjugation
Quest Information: Kobolds have become quite abundant in the region, and in order to ensure the safety of locals the Adventurer's Guild requests that interested Adventurers head out to the nearby Wolf King's Plains, and kill eight Kobold Hunters before returning with Kobold Canines as proof.
Payment: 2 Silver Coins
Guild Points Earned: 10 Upon Completion.

Alchemist's Request: Medical Herbs
Quest Information: Jacob Halsworth, a local alchemist, is requesting that Adventurers head out to the Wolf King's Plains and gather the uncommon Silver Moon herb that grows in seemingly great abundance for use in his works. He is offering good pay for each bundle.
Payment: 40 Copper Coins per Bundle
Guild Points Earned: 1 upon each completion.

Spoiler: Fedlim Trask (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 09:43:27 am »

Quest Information: Nuenberg's Ruler has put a standing bounty on wolves for all Adventurers, to cash in simply bring sets of three Wolf Pelts to the counter in the Adventurer's Guild Chapter House and receive your payment.
That sounds good for the environment (sarcasm).

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 10:02:03 am »

I can agree with this, hoping those arent DF wolves.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 04:35:46 pm »

Hm. Well, the kobold quest is in a place called the Wolf King's Plains, I bet anything that there are wolves there. And the alchemist quest is there too.

I say just grab all three, they all seem to be in the same place and there's no reason to do repeat trips.

Also, let's scan around to see what else is at the guild. Is there an armory or a quarter master? We don't have any money, but that should change soon.

Also, we should consider learning from our bear friend how he recklessly charges ahead. And possibly bear cavalry.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 05:01:08 pm »

Kobold Subjugation
Quest Information: Kobolds have become quite abundant in the region, and in order to ensure the safety of locals the Adventurer's Guild requests that interested Adventurers head out to the nearby Wolf King's Plains, and kill eight Kobold Hunters before returning with Kobold Canines as proof.
Payment: 2 Silver Coins
Guild Points Earned: 10 Upon Completion.
+1

2 silver coins so it's the best-paying job and it provides 10 guild points, as opposed to the other twos' 2s.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2015, 05:54:56 pm »

I can agree with this, hoping those arent DF wolves.
You do realize that if the wolf population decreases, it will throw the whole ecosystem in that area out of whack for quite some time, right?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 05:56:49 pm »

I say just grab all three, they all seem to be in the same place and there's no reason to do repeat trips.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2015, 06:21:27 pm »

You do realize that if the wolf population decreases, it will throw the whole ecosystem in that area out of whack for quite some time, right?
It isn't going to, wolves are monsters and like all monsters they grow in numbers extremely fast so the standing request on wolf pelts is to counter the fact that they are the most common monster in the entire region. Leaving them alone would cause the death of several hundred if not thousands of people when they're no longer satisfied with their current hunting grounds.

As a heads up you can take up to five quests as any time, and the only penalty you'll suffer from taking a quest is if you decide not to complete it and cancel it or there's a designated deadline which you miss.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6