Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear  (Read 8026 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Era
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 11:42:56 am »

People think though.

Magic = we can do all sorts of fun stuff.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 12:01:42 pm »

OKAY YEAH I GOT IT.

Revised sheet:

Katama Ree
Magician
Fire Bolt, Wind Blade, Cure.

Str   10
Dex  10
End  10
Int    20
Wis  20
Cha  10
Luck  20

Character Reset

Reduced EXP 2
More exp 1

(Psst: Vote for me)
+1.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:04:54 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 01:33:51 pm »

OKAY YEAH I GOT IT.

Revised sheet:

Katama Ree
Magician
Fire Bolt, Wind Blade, Cure.

Str   10
Dex  10
End  10
Int    20
Wis  20
Cha  10
Luck  20

Character Reset

Reduced EXP 2
More exp 1

(Psst: Vote for me)
+1.
+1

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »

EDIT: Although I'd personally be good for a warrior with a bear animal companion too. So I drafted one up real quick.

Spoiler: Fedlim Trask (click to show/hide)
+1, though Scan would be useful.
+1 cuz bears are awesome, axes are amazing and mages are awful
+1 I say scan
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 04:31:12 pm »

Oh hey, I finally post in this thread.
+1 to BEARRIOR
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 04:36:34 pm »

Ochi why
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 04:52:33 pm »

Because Bearrior is the closest thing to monk that might win.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 05:00:01 pm »

Since Bearrior is getting some steam, while we're still in the choosing phase we can still consider swapping a few of the traits around. Scan and Trap Sense seem like musts to me, because traps are awful and knowing thy enemy is great. Appraise might not do us that much good though in retrospect. We can swap out the hastened level gains and Appraise for a two tier skill, possibly a two tier exp multiplier.

While true I did earlier mention that getting both of them at level 1 has similar effect to getting one at the second level, I'm willing to bet there's a good reason. Say, consider if we come across an item that grants a percentage of EXP towards a level, which would be lesser if it was a lower cap, but greater if it was affected by the multiplier.

Extra stamina might be a good choice too, as I'm guessing it'll let us fire off skills more consistently.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 05:02:50 pm »

God dammit people. I solve the Tier 3 puzzle and this is the thanks I get >.>
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 07:05:02 pm »

Shortly after the words stop appearing in front of you electricity sparks along the pedestal, and a low chime can be heard as a pair of metal cards pop out of the slot seemingly covered in writing with a small area in the lower right corner for someone's thumb. Without a word the elf takes one of the cards, and starts examining it though he hands you the other seemingly as an afterthought. After a moment the elf looks up at you curiously,

"Curious, I've heard about some people having Blessings, but this is the first time I've ever actually seen someone have one on their card let alone three of them at once. Your careers going to be interesting Fedlim, my name's Lorlan, and I'm the general manager of this chapter house so if you have any questions feel free to ask though I might not be able to answer all of. I'll go ahead, and explain the more important information like Adventurer Rankings, Jobs, and Requests. First up is the Adventurer Ranking system we use, as a method to attempt to lower casualties the Guild developed a Ranking system that gives rankings to Jobs and Requests based on how difficult they are as well as to Adventurers as a representation of what they should be able to handle.

The ranks are Rookie, Standard, Expert, Veteran, Master, and Grandmaster with Rookie being Requests like gathering Wolf Hides and Grandmaster Request being the Extermination of Monsters on the level of a Six-Winged Emperor Wyvern. You can only take Requests or Jobs that are at your rank, and for every one you complete you gain Guild Points which are put towards your advancement to the next rank in the system. Once you've gained enough points to advance to the next rank you just go to the nearest chapter house and the modify your Adventurer Card to display your new rank.

Next up is the difference between Jobs, and Requests. Jobs are official missions given out by the Guild itself, and are generally either Subjugation Missions to decreases the Monster population or Exploration Missions to recover and map Dungeons. Requests on the other hand are missions that the guild puts up on the Quest Board that one of the locals has outlined, they're generally far less dangerous than Jobs but can be rather poor in term of rewards. The Quest Board can be found on the far side of this entrance hall, if you need anything else feel free to ask."

As the elf finishes, and turns back to paper work you hear a low growl next to you as your companion voices his impatience. Though he doesn't speak your language you've always been understand him ever since the two of you met, and now you can feel his desire to go hunting for prey expressed in that low growl. Patting your companion on the head you take a moment to decide on your next step.

Spoiler: Fedlim Trask (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bear Companion, ??? (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 07:08:39 pm »

More people were in favor of swapping one of the level hasteners with Scan, as am I. If we still can, let's swap the halved XP needed to level with Scan.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 07:09:19 pm »

This wasn't supposed to happen :(

Bears. Nyeh.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 07:11:37 pm »

Check out the quest board
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 07:28:39 pm »

More people were in favor of swapping one of the level hasteners with Scan, as am I. If we still can, let's swap the halved XP needed to level with Scan.
Yeah, if you guys will tell me what you want to replace with Scan I'll edit the status to show the change. From the votes I got there were just some people saying they wanted Scan without saying which bonus to sacrifice to actually get Scan.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 10:05:05 pm »

Let's take a look at the Job and Request board, see what the spread is. Something that involves fighting. Maybe later checking out the rest of the guild.
We got an axe, we got armor, we have a bear, and we're fresh on the job. Let's go do something interesting.

@Adwarf: I'm in favor of swapping the 1/2 Max Xp needed to Level for Scan personally.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6