Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26167 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cast vengeance on the vampire.

We just took 6 piercing damage and since the vampire is so good at dodging I think we should hit him with some undogeable magic. Afterwards cast leech on the soulburned guy. As far as we know he might die in a spectacular explosion. I remember reading somewhere that soulbreak is usually caused by someone casting a spell that is way too powerful for him to handle, so usually the deaths  are hilarious. Let's do some !SCIENCE! and see what happens to him

EDIT: and here it is 
there is a thing known as a "Soulbreak", which essentially is a combination of "dangerous forbidden technique", "explosive overclocking", and "limit break" that tends to occur in awe-inspiring ways whenever people try to pull it off (and promptly die for their efforts).
+1
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

-1 to slinging spells while sorounded. Could lead to AoO city.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thing is, it's a safe idea, we attack him from range and we don't have to worry about that stupid ring of his. also we have plenty of guys to recover mana from so mp cost isn't an issue.

Also we are targeting the soulburned guy to please the audience (see previous soulbreak quote). Best case scenario, he blows up in a huge explosion that engulfs the vampire. Most likely scenario, he dies in a spectacular way that makes the audience go WOW.
there is a thing known as a "Soulbreak", which essentially is a combination of "dangerous forbidden technique", "explosive overclocking", and "limit break" that tends to occur in awe-inspiring ways whenever people try to pull it off (and promptly die for their efforts).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:15:35 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I remember reading somewhere that soulbreak is usually caused by someone casting a spell that is way too powerful for him to handle, so usually the deaths  are hilarious. Let's do some !SCIENCE! and see what happens to him

EDIT: and here it is 

Ha, quoted it as I was going to quote it. Yeah, it's basically "brief moment of infinite power, immediately followed by death", and a lot of the time it's because of said power being controlled poorly. You're gambling that he's neither lucid enough nor talented enough to do something other than die messily.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:00:50 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, vengeance is awful costwise (not mentioning that we use it not on the guy we used it against and it goes against the idea of this divine power)

As for pleasing the crowd. I prefer staying alive.  Currently we have 4 real players in the game.

1) Olsha
2) Vampire
3) Fire mage and his summons
4) Team of soldiers

both 2 and 3 look stronger than us and unhurt

We really need to make 2 and 3 and 4 fight with each other while we stay out of danger.

1 to slinging spells while sorounded. Could lead to AoO city.
a) who said that casting creates AoOs?
b) why said we are surrounded? Didn't we charge away from soldiers?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's ask the GM
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ask what?

Anyway, my plan

1) Death leach the guy Vampire feeds on. Aim exactly at the bitten arm Even if it will not hurt vampire we may still steal his kill and stop him from gaining even more power
2) Leach the soldier leader with intention to soulbreak Let's regain mana and please the crowd.
3) while gesturing try to move to a relatively safe place

Next turn we go  Wolf Soul and\or Rage, melee till the end of the battle and hope that RNG gods will save our ass.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Nobody is near you who could attack.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Thing is, it's a safe idea, we attack him from range and we don't have to worry about that stupid ring of his. also we have plenty of guys to recover mana from so mp cost isn't an issue.

Also we are targeting the soulburned guy to please the audience (see previous soulbreak quote). Best case scenario, he blows up in a huge explosion that engulfs the vampire. Most likely scenario, he dies in a spectacular way that makes the audience go WOW.
Whoops. I somehow didn't notice the last turn went up.

Hey Ross, what do we know about summons? If we drop the summoner do they poof? Or do they stick around? Also, how do holy beings usually fare against Death Damage?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:15:24 pm by Weirdsound »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Depends on the summoner.

Angels and demons are different. Angels are not inherently good, nor are demons inherently evil. They are soulless and divine lieutenants of the Gods. Angels represent the Major Aspects of their Gods, while Demons represent the Minor Aspects. Good demons include Coranthiir's Demons of Healing, Vijer's Demons of Peace, and Radan's Demons of Love. Evil angels include Darshendros and his Angels of Blasphemy (Unholy), Sanoci's Angels of Violence, and Uayli's Plague Angels (Disease).

While it is certainly true that there are many Demonborn who come from evil gods, and who outnumber the Demonborn from the good gods, it's sort of a bad stereotype that Demonborn = automatically evil. Not that it stops many people from automatically assuming demonborn are evil, mind you.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Alright. I think I know what our best shot at survival is. We need to play it safe, pick on wounded foes, try to maintain full MP and as much HP as we can, and hope things come down to us versus the vampire. We might be able to one-shot the Vampire if we dump all of our MP into a single Horns of Steel attack, especially if he has prior damage. We need to avoid taking hits so we don't go fucking bezerk and lose the ability to execute this plan.

This turn: Leech the Terrified Spearconvict and guard

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever plan will be better than the current leading one that includes - let's waste 6MP and 2HP for nothing

a) MP can be recovered, 2 HP can't
b) Vampire will likely immediately heal himself by drinking more blood from the convict.
c) Leaching gives +2.5 MP per action on average that means wasting 6 MP is like wasting 2.5 actions*

* this is not counting failures
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:18:51 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Nvp hat: I'd suggest not provoking the vampire until we have no choice. I'd prefer to stay away from all of the threats but it's probably against the theme of honor and courage. Pick off the stragglers and defend a LOT.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Nvp hat: I'd suggest not provoking the vampire until we have no choice. I'd prefer to stay away from all of the threats but it's probably against the theme of honor and courage. Pick off the stragglers and defend a LOT.

Right now I think our only realistic hope is to beat the vampire is in a single hit with a supercharged Horns of Steel attack. If the vampire takes a serious hit, I'm not opposed to leaving, say 6mp, so that we can leach up or enter rage mode afterwards, and putting everything else into a HoS attack before he has a chance to heal. I think we will end up waiting until Mr. Vampire is the only one left, but if he gets crit or ganged up on and hurt, I don't think we should let the opportunity pass.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever plan will be better than the current leading one that includes - let's waste 6MP and 2HP for nothing

a) MP can be recovered, 2 HP can't
b) Vampire will likely immediately heal himself by drinking more blood from the convict.
c) Leaching gives +2.5 MP per action on average that means wasting 6 MP is like wasting 2.5 actions*

* this is not counting failures
So how do we plan on killing the vampire? We can't just charge in with melee or else he'll use his ring to dodge us. Also, I don't plan on casting vengeance every turn, just this one turn while we are capable of inflicting 6 damage.

I find this unideal as well, and you bring up a good point, we can't let the vampire drink that guy or else he might heal himself.

Screw casting vengeance, I vote for casting death leach on the guy the vampire is drinking.

Edit: I just thought of a fantastic idea, try luring the vampire towards the soulburned guy, then we soul break him while the vampire is right next to him (preferably while drinking) and then we get a fantastic doublekill.

New Idea, walk towards the soulbrocken guy, then throw a weapon at the vampire. As the vampire charges, cast leach on soulburned guy, break his soul, watch the fireworks and run
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:34:45 pm by heydude6 »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24