Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26169 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually spirit of the wolf is a good idea because in the worst case scenario will happen and  we will be sent in rage, then buffs will be harder to cast....

Ross, Can we charge non-soldier opponent target trying to run past the group of the damned mooks?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Actually spirit of the wolf is a good idea because in the worst case scenario will happen and  we will be sent in rage, then buffs will be harder to cast....

Ross, Can we charge non-soldier opponent target trying to run past the group of the damned mooks?

Wolf Soul only lasts two rounds. If we go rage mode, it is likely the wolf soul will wear off before we engauge the vampire, and I don't think it will make that much of a difference against the random criminal scum.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Yeah, you can try to charge straight through. You can even go at an angle to stomp the dying soldier in the head in the process.

You're going to provoke attacks of opportunity, but that 's  what armor and warrior levels are for.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would happen if we cast this?

T2 Retribution (3 MP; deals 1 HP of unblockable-typed damage for every unhealed or unused 2 HP of damage received to a single attack.)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's analyse the situation a bit...

Points of interest:

a) 5 soldiers we need to deal with
b) Three sole thugs here and there.
c) Vampire, who is way to intact for my tastes
d) Fights 4&5&6 that have many wounded melee combatants and fire mage who burns his mana away

Problem is that while the vampire can enjoy picking-up easy targets,  we are stuck in a rather dangerous fight.

My new plan

1) Yell hard, pretending the rage and try to intimidate soldiers to jump out of our way or hesitate and fail to execute an attack of opportunity
2) Start running and Charge + swordtaur on any soldier standing on our way to fight 6, trying to hack his head away as we run past him
3) Keep running and do Charge + gore to intervene in fight 6 and attack healthier opponent. This includes the vampire if he approaches fight 6 

Ross, is it legal action as written?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:54:43 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((maybe. Our immediate treat, 5 soldiers that gang up on us?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Sounds good (and painful!)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Points of interest:

d) Fights 4&5&6 that have many wounded melee combatants and fire mage who burns his mana away

Problem is that while the vampire can enjoy picking-up easy targets,  we are stuck in a rather dangerous fight.

My new plan

1) Yell hard, pretending the rage and try to intimidate soldiers to jump out of our way or hesitate and fail to execute an attack of opportunity
2) Start running and Charge + swordtaur on any soldier standing on our way to fight 6, trying to hack his head away as we run past him
3) Keep running and do Charge + gore to intervene in fight 6 and attack healthier opponent. This includes the vampire if he approaches fight 6 

I'm not sure I want to provoke all those AoO's, but it is not an unreasonable idea. If we do it though, we should use the whip or our horns instead of the sword.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I am going to interpret it as "Whatever weapon is most immediately convenient" so as to allow for the stomp against the Shocked soldier, if you guys prefer.

If someone is directly in front they get the horns; if not they'll get slashed at.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Works for me. Idea is to charge out of this group. We want them fighting the damn vampire not us!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Points of interest:

My new plan

I'm not sure I want to provoke all those AoO's, but it is not an unreasonable idea. If we do it though, we should use the whip or our horns instead of the sword.
+1
We still need to figure out what to do about the vampires ring
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Perhaps it's the fact that your roar sounds like a moo, or perhaps they're too dumb to be afraid, but the soldiers attempt to stand fast at your charge. The first spear jars your shoulder, although your armor is successful at converting the force into bludgeoning (-2 Bludgeon, +1 Rage Counter). The second spear, set a moment before you could dodge, is driven through your plate and through the chain, piercing deep into the muscle on your side. Your motion and his grip prevent the tip from hitting organs, although you can tell that your Chestplate is no longer in Good condition (-6 Piercing, +3 Rage Counter, Effective: -4 Slash/-4 Pierce/-3 Bludgeon/-3 Ballistic). The other soldiers move out of your way at the last second, although your Lash manages to catch one of the Soldiers in exactly the worst location, and the shriek/yelps of excruciating pain (16 Electric/Piercing, Shock) fade behind you as you focus on the Sea Elf, who doesn't seem to notice you coming.

He continues to not notice until you put one horn through the middle of his spine and the other through his ear, drag him forward another ten paces, and fling him up in the air; the Sea Elf lands face-first with a final-sounding crack followed by a graceless dead flop (Natural 20: 26 HP Bludgeon/Piercing). The spearconvict either gibbers or curses in a language you don't know, but the look of terror on his monkey face is obvious as he retreats as far away as possible, looking at you without eye contact.

You turn to the side to see the Clubthug's strike get caught, followed by a look of vacant joy as the thrall looks for prey and the Vampire drinks from the arm. You also notice the apparent Fire Mage neatly dodging an attack and almost immediately slitting the throat of the person who launched it. He utters something in Kuro-cultspeak and is rewarded by the appearance of two lesser Fire Elementals and one of the predatory "salamanders" from either the Elemental Planes or one of Kuro's. (You're not familiar enough with the faith to know either way, although you can definitely tell he's Angelborn.)

Multiple cannons go off. It doesn't deafen you, but it does annoy you slightly. After all, you're hurt and getting steadily more pissed off.

You, Moderately Wounded 26/39 HP, Lightly Drained 21/24 MP (6/10 Rage Counters, Retribution: 6 Vengeance: 6)
Coward Soldier Group Leader: Moderately Wounded, Soulburned
Coward Soldiers 1-3: Healthy
Coward Soldier 4: Critically Wounded, Shock
Club/Sword Thug 1: Lightly Wounded
Khünbish, L7 Vampire Martial Artist Bloodmage: Healthy 45?? HP, Full 29?? MP and Clubthug 2: Lightly Wounded, Thralled
Fight 4: Seriously Wounded, Concussed , Blind V Critically Wounded, Bleeding, Impaled
Fight 5: Critically Wounded, !!ON FIRE!! V Angelborn Elemental Mage 4/Gladiator 1/Fighter 1 Lightly Wounded 30?? HP Lightly Drained 25?? MP, Embers 1-2 (Elemental Mage 1), and Planar "Salamander" (Elemental Mage 2/Predator 1)
Spearconvict 1, Moderately Wounded, Bleeding, Terrified
Clubthug 3: Healthy

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:59:51 pm by Ross Vernal »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cast vengeance on the vampire.

We just took 6 piercing damage and since the vampire is so good at dodging I think we should hit him with some undogeable magic. Afterwards cast leech on the soulburned guy. As far as we know he might die in a spectacular explosion. I remember reading somewhere that soulbreak is usually caused by someone casting a spell that is way too powerful for him to handle, so usually the deaths  are hilarious. Let's do some !SCIENCE! and see what happens to him

EDIT: and here it is 
there is a thing known as a "Soulbreak", which essentially is a combination of "dangerous forbidden technique", "explosive overclocking", and "limit break" that tends to occur in awe-inspiring ways whenever people try to pull it off (and promptly die for their efforts).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:50:16 pm by heydude6 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cast vengeance on the vampire.

We just took 6 piercing damage and since the vampire is so good at dodging I think we should hit him with some undogeable magic. Afterwards cast leech on the soulburned guy. As far as we know he might die in a spectacular explosion. I remember reading somewhere that soulbreak is usually caused by someone casting a spell that is way too powerful for him to handle, so usually the deaths  are hilarious. Let's do some !SCIENCE! and see what happens to him
+1, so long as this doesn't go against the teachings of our god.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IMO, Wasting an action and 6MP  to take a mere 1/7th of Vampire's life is a bad idea. Very bad idea. Awful idea.

Time for careful tactics (we lost 1/3 of our hit points already!!), we need to choose target wisely... Soulbreaking the leader of the soldier is not bad for our MP pool but what makes him a priority target?

I have one idea to mess with the vampire:
Cast death leech on the poor guy he drinks blood from aiming exactly at place of the bite, trying to make the blood  poisonous
But I don't know enough about vampires of this verse to know if such plan will work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:34:57 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24