Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26158 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

So instead of grey90 I should go with grey80 Lightly Wounded and similarly darken from 75 Moderate to 65 Moderate, 50 Serious to 40 Serious, 25 Critical to 15 Critical, and 5 Dying to bold black?

(Numbers are color grey; it goes from 100% Healthy to Over 90% Lightly Wounded to Under 75% Moderately Wounded to Under 50% Seriously Wounded to Under 25% Critically Wounded to Under 5% Dying.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Try using glow instead of changing the color

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Let me know if you want any others to change or have suggestions. Whatever is easiest to figure out at a glance.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:31:31 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You return your attention to the soldiers and leech away at the energy of the wounded leader. Initially, you don't gain much (-3 MP), but the second strike nets you a solid return (+4 MP.) With the leader steadily growing sicker in response to your gestures, the soldiers finally commit to attacking you, and draw near, spears at the ready. You casually knock aside the first blow and the second, although the third manages to pierce through and tear an exposed wound on your sword arm. (-4 Piercing, 2 Rage Counters)

It does, however, break the formation slightly, and by reflex, you lash at the Soldier. Out of freak coincidence, the end of the whip cracks him directly in the eye, destroying in instantly as the charge built up by the swing discharges itself through his ruptured eye socket and straight into his head. The soldier has enough time to twitch slightly before falling forward, convulsing and rattling on the ground (Natural 20: 19 Slashing+6 Electric).

As you watch the soldiers, you can see the Vampire laying about with the whip in almost a blur, laying open the prone swordsman's flesh as the convict twitches from the shock. By the time his friend drives the vampire away to attack the next set of fighters, the Swordsconvict is also unconscious. You have time to see his friend taking the sword before the motions of the soldiers tells you you're up again.

You, Lightly Wounded 34/39 HP, Lightly Drained 21/24 MP
Coward Soldier Group Leader: Moderately Wounded, Soulburned
Coward Soldiers 1-4: Healthy
Coward Soldier 5: Dying , Shock
Club/Sword Thug 1: Lightly Wounded
Unarmed Thug 1: Dying , Shock, Prone
Khünbish, L7 Vampire Martial Artist Bloodmage: Lightly Wounded 42?? HP, Full 29?? MP
Clubthug 2: Healthy
Fight 4: Moderately Wounded, Concussed V Critically Wounded, Bleeding, Impaled
Fight 5: Seriously Wounded, !!ON FIRE!! and Lightly Wounded, !!ON FIRE!! V Lightly Wounded
Fight 6: Sea Elf Sailor 3/Brawler ??, Moderately Wounded 22?? HP, Full 16?? MP, Impaled v Spearconvict 1, Moderately Wounded, Bleeding
Clubthug 3: Healthy

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

[Clarification: 90-76% is Lightly Wounded. I'm also putting in MP with a glow to test it.

At 0 HP, NPC-class characters are Dead, Supporting-class characters are Dying, and Hero-class characters are Knocked Out. At -5 HP, NPC characters are Permanently Dead, Supporting-class characters are Dead, and Hero-class characters are Dying. At -10 HP, Supporting-class characters are Permanently Dead, while Hero-class characters are Dead. At -15 HP, Hero-class characters are Permanently Dead.

At 0 MP, NPC-class characters are Soulburned, while Supporting and Hero class characters are Out Of Mana. At -5 MP, NPC-class characters are Soulbroken, and will die almost instantly, while Supporting and Hero-class characters are Soulburned. At -10 MP, all non-Wizard characters are Soulbroken, and will die immediately.

The consequence of Soulburn is a 100% weakness to supernatural powers, and an inability to regain mana through any means for at least 12 hours. Soulburned characters regain 10% of their total mana capacity per hour, and do not regain mana past 0 until their total mana capacity is at least 50% of total. In other words, if you have 30 MP, a Soulburn puts you at -9/0 for a while, and until you reach 0/15 mana, you cannot gain more mana.]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:07:38 pm by Ross Vernal »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we move the vampire's mana, it won't be able to use magic and then it'll be easy to kill. It's not wearing any armour, after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Gore the Coward Leader in the throat, and then defend. We can't afford to pick up any more rage counters.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Olsha Rossalina: Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2015, 10:42:08 pm »

Nonvoting player hat: Are you sure about that?

the vampire simply slips on a pair of rings (-???)

Although the stroke he delivers is vicious, it appears to slow down abruptly as it draws near, allowing the vampire to dodge with only a light cut to the side of the scalp.

I wouldn't count on that assumption at all.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

The point still stands that he'll be easier to kill without mana than he will be to kill with mana.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gore any soldier
Kick any soldier

I was afraid of luring soldiers at us and it happened... Those leachs were a wasted round, BTW.
Now we must finish soldiers quickly before vampire kills others convicts

Also, defensive fighting (or leaching more) will not improve our popularity
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Gore any soldier
Kick any soldier

I was afraid of luring soldiers at us and it happened... Those leachs were a wasted round, BTW.
Now we must finish soldiers quickly before vampire kills others convicts

Also, defensive fighting (or leaching more) will not improve our popularity

Stabbing people through the throat with horns should get the crowd fired up. As long as we aim for the gory weak points, we should be fun to watch even if we spend a chunk of our time blocking.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know.... we could leach a spectator....

Just a random thought.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

I'm sure the spectators have something to protect them from errant spells and arrows. Not worth the experimentation under the circumstances.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The goddess demands bravery and so I think we should target the vampire.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

The goddess demands bravery and so I think we should target the vampire.

Our life is at stake against a foe we are pretty sure can kick our ass and is immune to our favorite spell. Now is not the time to be putting the goddesses' will first. I'm not opposed to attacking the vampire soon, but we should at least deal with the mooks trying to fight us first.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Nonvoting player hat: Spirit of the Wolf. Charge Attack: Gore. We can Kick and Gore next round.

I trust that armor will keep us alive, although dangerously close to Rage. I'd rather we build up speed and power so we can possibly disrupt the entire formation.

Also, I suggest that we consider helping the person in Fight 5 who keeps setting their opponents on fire alive long enough to set the vampire on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24