Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26144 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Olsha Rossalina: Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Plot 'n' Shop 2
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2015, 10:37:20 am »

Yes, you can apply levels of Intuitive towards enchanting.

Base cost for a first-level enchant is 15 MP. Armor increases by 5 MP per enchant; weapons/items go up by 10 per enchant. There is a 10% chance of failure for objects in Pristine condition, and the failure odds increase by 10% for every level of quality below. Enchanting an object has a 50% chance of degrading the quality, and the percent of failure goes down by 5% for every level of Enchanter class you have. If you're not trained in enchantment at all, prices and failure rates are double. If you have a small degree of training, as in levels in a primary magic class or Adventurer, costs and fail rates are 150%.

So, basically, right now, you have a 1.5x failure modifier. Still, you can turn your sword into a different damage type or put a spell in it.

This is very rough, but each of the following constitutes a "tier" of enchanting:
- 10 MP pool
- 10% power reduction cost / damage amplification (limit 50%)
- +1 Soak / +1 Damage (generally limited to 5)
- Alignment
- Extra Damage Type (generally limited to 1)
- 2% to-hit / 2% dodge
- 2% Hiding
- Level of sentience
- Anti-degrade 1% (generally limited to 5%)
- Increase degrade 2% (generally limited to 10%)
- 1 spell up to Tier 4

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2015, 10:41:45 am »

Also, you can convert later. Shin is fine with his followers deciding to go worship his son, provided that they do something to earn it.

This isn't universal, but some Gods are just fine with it. 

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2015, 10:47:25 am »

I think that support of any god is useful both in combat and out of combat :) I think that gaining powers early is better than late. And Bree doesn't look like a great god to follow for me unless we are 100% going for crafter\enchanter route. Timeus with his water(elememtal magic!) , Victory(As long as we are a victorious  we gain favor) and fear (messing with minds of enemies)

_______
I got an idea for religious class.... Ross Vernal Can something like this work?

Theologian
Theologians posses deep knowledge about gods, cults, religions, rituals. They can spot a follower of a god and determine his status. They know methods to counter some divine powers. They know details of codes of conduct and can predict how their actions will influence favor or disafavor of certain gods. They do use their knowledge to get more power from god(s) they follow but nowhere as effective as dedicated priest or monk.

In short - class that focuses on using and countering divine powers without being dedicated to serving one god like priest\monk
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2015, 07:40:24 pm »

Aye, that sounds nice.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:37 pm »

+ 100 right to get rights
+ d) Buying the right of partial organizational sponsorship (max: 5g per sponsor) for 200
+ b) Buying the right to obtain half a percent of all bets placed upon your victory for 100
+ c)  Freedom of passage to the Factory District for 10
+ Pay 10G to the monastery for the month
5G left over
+ Explore the factory district
+ Train in the monastery until our next fight
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2015, 01:02:04 am »

Sounds similar to Shaman.

Shaman - Similar to a Priest, although less dedicated to a single God and more of a belief system as a whole. Generally, Shamans are to Priests what Warriors are to Soldiers or Chaos Mages to Ritual Mage, although it's closer to say they are to mystic/auric what witches are to magic.

But yes, yes you can. You can sense cult enmity as one of your cult bonuses later once you have enough favor and in gen eral if the enemy is disfavored enough.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 01:04:40 am by Ross Vernal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2015, 06:58:32 am »

I just want to avoid silly stuff like

Laigoran Monk X + Second god's monk/priest Y + Third god's monk/priest Z

Instead I want:

Liagoran Monk X + mystic\Auric class that works with all three gods we follow or will follow.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2015, 11:50:34 am »

Three, you'd have a harder time justifying. It would require a very specific faith to be able to reconcile the conflicts in faith. You can certainly be a lay member, but climbing up the non-levelling tiers to reach 7 in the faith to even qualify to be eligible for Monk/Priest/Fanatic/Prestige/Cult classes might be difficult.

To illustrate this, here's the hierarchy for Shin's religion:

Fides
Custos
Bellicus
Tirones
Discens
Imaginifer
Tesserarius
Princepale
Pilus (Lay Priest)
Centurion
Primus
Tribuni
Praefectus
Tribunus
Legatus
Pontifex
Pontifex Maximus
Defender of the Faith

Mingan's:
Disbeliever
Initiated
Diamond Novice
Crimson Novice
Sable Novice
Black Novice
Dark Novice
Reflective Novice
White Novice
Shuurai: Lowest priest rank
Kysine Priest
Citrine Priest
Amber  Priest
Ruby Priest
Bloodkissed Priest:
Free Priest:
The Nine:
Defender of the Faith

And, just for fun, Ingram:

Believer
Defiant
Footpad
Beggar
Thug
Prowler
Assassin
Gambler (Lowest Priest rank)
Joker
Trickster
Fence
Cat
Blackheart
Deciever
Chemeleon
Invisible
Deviant
Defender of the Faith
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:19:29 pm by Ross Vernal »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:46 am »

By the way, I am likely to be slow this weekend. I spent yesterday tearing up the carpet and laying floors for some very good friends of mine who are about 3 weeks away from welcoming baby Juniper. This weekend, my Lover Girl and I are going to be occupied as well.

I'll try to get the fight-chains set up over the weekend, but if not, soon.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2015, 02:48:12 pm »

Last bit before officially going afk:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126265.0

You will find most of the Universe and game rules here. Search feature is important, too; corrected armor, stuff about Gods, description of classes, and other things are hidden away in there.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2015, 02:00:00 am »

You purchase your rights, and watch your slave-tattoo shift and change to reflect your new status. The Revenge-sigil of Liagora manifests itself upon your forearms as well to mark your status with them, although you don't sense any power flowing through it aside from a slight comforting presence. With this being done, you return to the temple to pay the appropriate rents before heading over to the Factory Canton. Most of the owners turn you out rather impolitely once they discover your lack of funds, but one of them, who has neatly trimmed facial hair, simply replies that he'll consider giving you a discount if he thinks you're entertaining enough next month. You accept this, and return to your new home. Over the remaining twenty-four days, you study the Scrolls of Revenge, selected interpretations of assorted signs in nature, and various biographies of other saints. In between this, you find time to participate in the morning and evening services and exercises, as well as eating with and generally interacting with your fellow monks. At the moment, you're the only one of your kind to be an active Monk in this region, although you're lead to understand that there's more shrines and Liagoran caravans to the steppes West and North of the megalopolis.

Finally, on the first day of the month, the sigil burns in the manner indicating your presence is required in the Arena. You proceed to enter, but this time, you aren't presented with papers, simply locked in a cell. Unlike the previous times, you can clearly hear a large audience, and if you strain, you can almost see part of the opposite end of the arena, which also appears to have someone straining to look out.

Your cell door opens, and you exit to find four doors. For some unknown reason, you decide to number the doors from left to right as 1 through 4, even though they're pretty much identical.

Which do you enter?

1 - Penal Fights: 5+2d10 possibly armed criminals, 1d4 armed and (free) armored gladiators; free-for-all.
2 - Wild Beasts: 12 Boarcuswine, 3+1d6 Lions
3 - Darwin's Joke: Fire Giant, Djinn, Dryad, powers disabled, last two living
4 - Twins: Human Fighter 5/Gladiator 1 & Human Mage 3/Stavefighter 2/Gladiator 1

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Olsha Rossalina: Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2015, 02:04:17 am »

I say we go with 1. We're a minotaur, and most likely they'll want to avoid us.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2015, 02:06:12 am »

We have the goddess of the hunt on our side. This should be a cakewalk for us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2015, 02:20:38 am »

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2015, 03:31:28 am »

We have the goddess of the hunt on our side. This should be a cakewalk for us.
+1

O~r gang up on us for this very reason.

Still, fighting against "Criminals", is it? How many of those might have been "political" motivated, with situations akin to ours? Sure enough, we can't know that. Actually, as long as the whole affair doesn't sit right with us, I'd even be game for this option..
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24