Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory  (Read 15617 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:18 am »

Holwitzers in the form of artilery? Well we do have mortars right?

Again even more army stuff we need to improve before the war starts.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 08:16:34 am »

at this point I think we'll need 3 things to make the next tank:

1)a better gun(either that 110mm gun UR wanted, or a AT version of the existing 100mm gun)

2)Higher horsepower engine(like the meteor-II I proposed, or we can see about something like a gas/diesel turbine like in an Abrams)

3)more reliable transmissions

This will all probably be needed next turn
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 10:31:30 am »

We could also be relatively silly innovative and try to create a Diesel-Electric tank, which would do away with the problem of transmission altogether.

3)more reliable transmissions
Well, I'm pretty sure that building a bigger engine (and thus allowing for a single engine design) should be good enough to allow the transmission problems to be resolved as part of the tank development.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:35:04 am by 10ebbor10 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2015, 01:55:13 pm »

We could also be relatively silly innovative and try to create a Diesel-Electric tank, which would do away with the problem of transmission altogether.
+1 to that.
You might be overlooking something in that he doesn't have the main gun in an actual turret(which he meant by casemate).
By not having a turret, it's smaller, lighter, and simpler to build, as well as being able to carry a bigger gun for the same size.
Heres an 110mmm gun for you.
Spoiler: 110mm Tank gun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:04:11 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2015, 02:46:35 pm »

So realistically what did we finish production from our last turn? What are we producing now thats our new stuff? What are we drawing up now?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2015, 05:30:01 pm »

((Sorry all for the delay. On just got in from my evening school. Will have the update up tomorrow evening.))

Loving the suggestions. Shouldnt take long to get the update out.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »

((GM could you please tell us if the previous production orders are complete or not? nowhere in the last update does it say anything about them.))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 12:33:56 pm »

((GM could you please tell us if the previous production orders are complete or not? nowhere in the last update does it say anything about them.))

((Oops, sorry, i thought I mentioned it in the OP.

Production runs initiated one month will complete the beginning of the next month.

Also, there will be an update tonight! Working on it now.))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »

Production runs initiated one month will complete the beginning of the next month.

So once this month is done we will have the chance to start producing our newly created stuff?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »

So once this month is done we will have the chance to start producing our newly created stuff?

((Yes))

You do have prototypes and finished examples to show the top brass though.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »

I don't think anyone would disaprove to show them everything we have (EXCEPT THOSE SHIT SNIPER RIFLES! MAKE IT CLEAR TO WHOEVER MADE THOSE TO NOT BRING THEM UP OR THEY'RE FIRED!! The caps should show them how much we care to not be embarrassed.) and make ourselves look credible.

Update almost done? I hope? :3

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 05:12:37 pm »

UPDATE INCOMING. WATCH THIS SPACE

EDIT: And now i have just realised I am a fucking idiot. I deleted the wrong file. I was clearing some notes I had made to tell me what was passing into the next turn after making the update and I ended up deleting the update......  >:( :'(

Fuck.

And I really need to go to bed. Sorry guys, but the update will be tomorrow evening, late, when I have time to re-write it.

On the up side, the file i was supposed to delete, the one with all my notes on what was going to be where in the next update, is not deleted, so I shouldnt have to go through and compile everything again.

I am extremely sorry.

I will make sure to make a copy of every written up update from now on, in case this happens again.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:36:11 pm by kahn1234 »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 05:37:33 pm »

It's fine kahn.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2015, 06:12:33 pm »

UPDATE INCOMING. WATCH THIS SPACE

EDIT: And now i have just realised I am a fucking idiot. I deleted the wrong file. I was clearing some notes I had made to tell me what was passing into the next turn after making the update and I ended up deleting the update......  >:( :'(

Fuck.

And I really need to go to bed. Sorry guys, but the update will be tomorrow evening, late, when I have time to re-write it.

On the up side, the file i was supposed to delete, the one with all my notes on what was going to be where in the next update, is not deleted, so I shouldnt have to go through and compile everything again.

I am extremely sorry.

I will make sure to make a copy of every written up update from now on, in case this happens again.

NOOOOOOOO

It's fine kahn.

In reality this. I know how hard it is to keep things organized even for just one game let alone everything i'm sure you deal with IRL.

EDIT: They have been making threats against another of our rivals who we have been on good relations with recently, so much so we are considered unofficial allies. If conflict breaks out between them, we will be dragged into another Continental War.

Rumour in development circles is that the Kerminkian engineers have developed a heavy tank with a 120mm high velocity cannon and armour over 190mm thick. They have also matched our current aircraft. They do not seem to have much in the way of bombers, yet, apart from their light Victor dive bombers.

The above means that we will most likely have to send troops off to the land of our allies to help them defend themselves (or attack the invading nation). This tank that they have however sounds HIDEOUS! I surely hope we can find some good counters and some new weapons for our ground troops.

BTW GM Do the ROF air facilities make their own designs to keep up? Or do they update lightly?

EDIT 2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the inside it'll show all of our AT guns (which we need for that Tank) and a very outdated Mortar. Something we should definetly look into the next time put something on the drawing board. We should at least update them to be up to par with their brothers and sisters in the world. An again some just have really bad negative traits like "Jams" and "under powered".
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:01:32 pm by 3man75 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:34 pm »

BTW GM Do the ROF air facilities make their own designs to keep up? Or do they update lightly?

((The other ROFs do create their own designs. I will not go into too much detail on the designs unless inquiries are made by the Overseer.))

Update soon, hopefully. Lets hope I do not delete this one.  >:(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13