Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory  (Read 15622 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »

The enemy will have better tanks however and our new helipcopter (which I would like to be an attack helicopter.) would break our tanks and run over our infantry. Either we make better tanks to combat it one on one or we make better RPG's to penetrate their armor. Or both.

An SMG would be good to. I'll be putting down that as one of my votes.

Crusader armor - Using the new Kevlar idea and composites create a light weight tactical body armor. Cover on both the front and back while also having movability on the rear and arm hole areas.

Sniper rifle "Impaler" - Now for real. Same goals except now they have to be able to use our new munitions. Also they should have the power to pierce through body armor and kevlar.

Nerve gas - Paralysis of the lungs and to be able to kill anyone not protected by gas mask. Should be able to be easilly air dropped onto a field and 'cover' a medium to large area.

New heavy tank to replace this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It should be faster, more maneuverable, while also keeping most of its armor.

SMG by Player.[/b]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:19:03 pm by 3man75 »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 02:02:10 pm »

The enemy will have better tanks however and our new helipcopter (which I would like to be an attack helicopter.) would break our tanks and run over our infantry. Either we make better tanks to combat it one on one or we make better RPG's to penetrate their armor. Or both.

An SMG would be good to. I'll be putting down that as one of my votes.

Crusader armor - Using the new Kevlar idea and composites create a light weight tactical body armor. Cover on both the front and back while also having movability on the rear and arm hole areas.

Sniper rifle "Impaler" - Now for real. Same goals except now they have to be able to use our new munitions. Also they should have the power to pierce through body armor and kevlar.
+1
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »

My only complaint with a new sub is that we won't be able to create the new tanks that we desprately need to combat the enemy armor that we are suppose to compete against in the next war. Said enemy has a really bad navy and I feel we don't need these naval assests yet. However, Tanks and new planes we do really need.
IIRC, we're an island nation.

So there's no way the enemy ground troops will ever get to reach our forces, unless we land an invasion on their shores. The only way we would be drawn into a war with them is if they attack our de factor friend, and in that case, I think it would be rather beneficial to the war effort if we could enforce a complete blockade against them. In any case, we can't have it that a large part of our navy, our submarine forces, are completely obsolete in the face of enemy air power.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »

My only complaint with a new sub is that we won't be able to create the new tanks that we desprately need to combat the enemy armor that we are suppose to compete against in the next war. Said enemy has a really bad navy and I feel we don't need these naval assests yet. However, Tanks and new planes we do really need.
IIRC, we're an island nation.

So there's no way the enemy ground troops will ever get to reach our forces, unless we land an invasion on their shores. The only way we would be drawn into a war with them is if they attack our de factor friend, and in that case, I think it would be rather beneficial to the war effort if we could enforce a complete blockade against them. In any case, we can't have it that a large part of our navy, our submarine forces, are completely obsolete in the face of enemy air power.

We are an army factory/research station. I think we should stay within that army role and let our navy trump theirs as the reports say. Plus our rocket idea seemed well liked by the Marshall.

Plus I think the Jet plane idea (which I forgot to add) would be able to smash theirs. Plus a new multi role plane once the Kerminsky planes come in would be good too.

But other than the Jet, we should continue making our troops and mechanical forces stronger like the enemy is doing. They could use the skies to drop forces off on our nation or just use the skies to break and force an amphibious assault.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:52:26 pm by 3man75 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 04:52:54 pm »

EDIT: Gm what does "Kormayev Tyazla Promlysh" mean?

((I couldnt think of a decent name for a company that would translate well from russian to English, so I took three Russian names are combined them in the same way as Glaxo-Smith-Klein combine their three names.

I do love the debates!

A few things to note:

Your submarines arent particularly out of date. They could run silently and roam a wide area. However, despite that they are more like very late WW2 subs, and still have surface needs. And external torpedo tubes, despite their downsides.

On the subject of aircraft carriers, i was wondering when someone was going to notice. You dont have any cruisers either, although one could say they arent particularly needed as the Frigates, Destroyers and Battleships are packed full of firepower and AA.

Thirdly, I am left wondering somewhat whether one or two people have overlooked something from the initial post, a design. The Atkinson carbine is actually similar to what a lot of people are proposing and its defects arent that serious. It could be a nice base for other, similar, weapons?......

On the subject of the weapons overall, especially the MGs, there is a decidedly defensive slant to them. Whilst there are good infantry portable MGs, the main weapons are designed to be dug in and then used to put extreme fire down range.

This is, obviously both good and bad. You could possibly do to produce a few designs based around offensive operations.....))

((Update Tomorrow once I have analysed the votes and rolled the die.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:22:19 pm by kahn1234 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:39 pm »

New heavy tank to replace this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It should be faster, more maneuverable, while also keeping most of its armor.

Hows this do?
Heres a link to the Relative Armor Calculator i used, LINK
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:37:57 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2015, 07:53:41 pm »

Good but I think we should sacrifice the anti-air guns for more movability of the guns. This is a heavy tank that going to take on another heavy tank in possible show downs so it should be built for that.

It should:

Take hits.
Give hits.
Out maneuver.
Be able to take a hit.

That said Funk, it does look like a good design.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:37 pm »

You might be overlooking something in that he doesn't have the main gun in an actual turret(which he meant by casemate). This isn't a heavy tank so much as a vanity project tank destroyer and any non-braindead military personnel would take one look at this proposal and laugh us right out of the country. I vote no to this POS.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 01:24:09 am »

You might be overlooking something in that he doesn't have the main gun in an actual turret(which he meant by casemate). This isn't a heavy tank so much as a vanity project tank destroyer and any non-braindead military personnel would take one look at this proposal and laugh us right out of the country. I vote no to this POS.
Yeah, the very high weight + much more powerfull engines are also likely to further worsen transmission problems and shorten range.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 04:11:17 am »

What we really need is a higher horsepower engine-maybe combining the two meteors into one larger unit?

Edit: Here's a better tank for consideration using a new engine:

Spoiler: Hoplite Universal Tank (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:45:12 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 07:21:53 am »

I don't want a heavy tank, I want an MBT, and I want to do this project first

110mm tank gun
Gun designed to be used by future tanks and only by future tanks.

but this is next turn material because I want to see result of our medium tank upgrade

Designing a diesel engine as a separate action is a good idea (or jet engine for the  tank. insane? So what? :) )
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 07:36:02 am »

What we really need is a higher horsepower engine-maybe combining the two meteors into one larger unit?

Edit: Here's a better tank for consideration using a new engine:

Spoiler: Hoplite Universal Tank (click to show/hide)

Looks good to me. +1 and I hope to see this drawn up by our guys.

I don't want a heavy tank, I want an MBT, and I want to do this project first

110mm tank gun
Gun designed to be used by future tanks and only by future tanks.

but this is next turn material because I want to see result of our medium tank upgrade

Designing a diesel engine as a separate action is a good idea (or jet engine for the  tank. insane? So what? :) )

What's the advantage of a 110 mm vs a 100 mm gun? What exactly do the extra 10 mm do?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 07:46:45 am »

a) it is 33% more powerful by size alone.
b) It is designed as a tank gun, not as AA gun
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 07:56:19 am »

a) it is 33% more powerful by size alone.
b) It is designed as a tank gun, not as AA gun

a. Where does 33% come from? I don't have alot of orientation with these types of games so I don't know how significant that is.

b. We don't have a tank gun on the other one just an tank gun and a universal machine gun that can be used to shoot at aircraft.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 08:00:53 am »

a) Simple math - 1.1 larger calibre = 1.1*1.1*1.1 heavier shell
b) Exactly. And we need a tank gun, not 100mm aa gun hasty modified for another role

BTW, did anyone note that the list has no howitzers? It is rather strange
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13