Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory  (Read 15588 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:19:04 am »

Hey guys, i am thinking of getting back into the forum here and booting back up at least one of my old stories.

As a bit of a change though, I've decided to try my hand at a 'designer' game, which seem to be popular here.

But with a twist.

The world will be loosely based on the real world. You will be taking up the mantle of a Royal Ordnance Overseer for a large war factory and research complex in an Imperialist Parlimentary Monarchy with a large empire as well as being the head of a large, rich and prosperous Commonwealth Alliance which has plenty of possible and active enemies instead of the usual newborn pseudo-communist states.

The Nation you will be working for? The Island nation of the Grand Unified Kingdom of Itannia (GUKI for short).

So!

How will this work?

Turns will be simple. Between 6-8 proposals or ideas per turn, each need at least two votes to be added into the 'production line' or 'drawing board' lists.

To clarify, the 'Drawing Board' list is for research. You can have 6-8 research ideas. New materials, experimental armour and weapons, weapons platforms, power sources and drive trains etc go here. Depending on the rolls and the complexity of the idea, it may take 2 or more turns for the research to be completed. You can also keep 'completed' research projects on the Drawing Board to further improve them.

A roll of 3 or less means the design or production run will take more than 1 turn.

(Example: You want to research lightweight but powerful engines. Your first turn comes up with one design that does fit what you were looking for, however you decide to keep the project on for another turn. The next turn actually produces a better design. The chances are effected by the rolls (obviously) and in game events).

The Production line is what you are producing. You can produce up to 6-8 different things. However, there are other factors to take into, such as various events by hostile and internal forces. If a weapons system proves popular with the military, they may take the production burden off of you and give it to dedicated manufactories, thus freeing up a production slot.

You will also have competition from at least 2 other arms manufacturers. In this game, you will start as a state owned facility. A large, costly state owned facility. You will have to impress the government and the Ministry of Defense if you want justify your cost. You will also have the choice of privatisation later on if you so wish.

You will also have to compete for the favour of the various military branches. You will start with the Army. The Navy will have lower relations with you, however, they wont be neutral or negative. Yet. The Airforce will have good relations to you, though not as high as the Army.

The game will be expanded later on based on more of my ideas, as well as its popularity.

The game will be set in roughly the 1940s (mainly around 1945, however the has not been a Wor;d War 2 yet in this world), but there will be no wars going on just yet. Alternate Universe, remember?

So, to the game!

To Whom It May Concern,

We are writing to notify the recipient of their success in the selection process for the position of Royal Overseer of the Dorchesterton Royal Ordnance Facility in Yorminster, North Tengerland.

On receipt of this letter, you are to proceed on the nearest Monday to your place of work, where you will be provided residence and a full brief on your duties, resources and suchlike.

Please be prompt.

Your Sincerely

Benjamin George Disreali-Lancaster,
Minister of Defence and Security Secretary,
Manufacturing Acquisition.

On the nearest Monday, which just so happened to be the next day, you managed to get to Dorchesterton with time to spare. On your arrival, you are shown into your new office by an attractive young secretary name Eliza. On your desk, as befitting a government position, is a great pile of bureaucracy, also known as paperwork.

Sitting on top of it all, in pride of place, is a booklet on the facility you now find yourself in charge of:

DORCHESTERTON ROYAL ORDNANCE FACILITY 51

Facility:

2x Engineering ROF complexes
2x Small Arms Ammunition ROF Factory Complexes
2x Heavy Arms Ammunition ROF Factory Complexes
1x Heavy Weapons ROF Factory Complex
2x Small Arams ROF Factory Complexes
1x Small Machine Shop Complex
1x Medium Machine Shop Complex
1x Heavy Machine Shop Complex
2x Ammunition Filling Factory Complexes
2x Explosive ROF Factory Complexes
4x Research complexes
1x Medium Airfield (Also used for supply as well as military and test purposes).
1x Medium vehicle proving ground
1x Heavy Weapons Proving ground
1x Smal Arms Proving ground.
2x LPG-fired Power Stations Large
1x LPG-fire backup Power Station -Emergency Systems Only
3x Residential sectors inc. Canteens, shops, services (Military fire, Military police and Medical)
4x Barracks

Total Land Area = 6386 Square Acres

Employees:

8,000 Manufacturing Staff (500 per Complex; Complexes are also heavily automated)
808 Assorted Research staff and Project Overseers
442 Airfield Workers
500 Power Station workers
200 Proving Ground maintenance and testing personnel
862 Service personnel providing for the residential sectors.
400 Soldiers as Guards.

Total Employees:  11,212

Of Note: Attached to the facility is also a Grand Unified Kingdom of Itannia (GUKI) airbase that shares your airfield, as well as having two large airfields of their own, and an Army base and training facility for new soldiers. ((Hosts note: These will be both a benefit and a hindrance, in various ways).

Potential Future Conflicts:

Possible conflict with the Grand Kerminky Empire: They have a pitiful navy, barely a match for our current Royal Navy, however they are a strong air power and their ground troops are disciplined and well trained. They have recently being investing in their armoured corps and in mechanising or motorising most of their infantry regiments.

They have been making threats against another of our rivals who we have been on good relations with recently, so much so we are considered unofficial allies. If conflict breaks out between them, we will be dragged into another Continental War.

Recommendations: Whilst we should not worry about naval issues. We do, however, need to keep pace with their aircraft, armour and motorisation. Whilst our army is fully mechanised/motorised, we are severely lacking in the armoured department. Rumour in development circles is that the Kerminkian engineers have developed a heavy tank with a 120mm high velocity cannon and armour over 190mm thick. They have also matched our current aircraft. They do not seem to have much in the way of bombers, yet, apart from their light Victor dive bombers.

Possible Naval conflict with Tarain: The large former imperial power of Tarain, to our far south, has recently fallen into a state of civil war, however the sides are lop sided. The already established government is beating back the rebels. The sudden swing to the nationalistic and militaristic in the Tarainian Government was a surprise to everyone. They have been publicly eying our holdings in the Southern Atlartic Ocean. The archipelagos and large islands there are rich in rare metals and fossil fuels.

Fortunately for us, they are in no position to challenge the South Atlartic Station, our local fleet. They are not seen as an immediate threat, however it would be nice to thrash out some naval improvements at a later date.

You will be notified on any further action to take.

You continue reading, most of the booklet just half-useless rubbish. Eventually you come to another section which catches your eye:

Other Suppliers:

As you may well know, the government does not look for home grown suppliers alone. As you also may now, the government is well known for its love of business competition.

As such, the government has decided to measure your achievements against the three largest arms companies on the global market.

1) General Mechanics and Ordnance (GMO) from the USAA
2) Itsubooki Heavy Industries (IHI) from Laplandia
3) Kormayev Tyazla Promlysh (KTP) from the SSSR

There are also other domestic production facilities:

1)   ROF Vinshire and ROF Burlshire, dedicated ROFs to the Royal Navy.
2)   ROF Gerinton and ROF Holsbroke, dedicated ROFs to the Royal Air Force.

You continue to read, getting to the end. The last section also catches your eye:

Current Orders:

On behalf of Her Itannic Majesty Queen Avalyn Windsoar, this Ministry requests the following:

1) New small arms to replace the old and/or malfunctioning designs we are currently producing.
2) New vehicle designs, with primary focus on armoured vehicles of all weights and classes
3) Development of a new range of field and support artillery.
4) New aircraft designs in the fighter/CAS/Multirole sectors
5) Heavy/defensive/emplaced weapons designs, to help up fortify our coastlines, holdings and other interests.

PS: You will be twinned with ROF Blurton, an Ordnance facility dedicated to ground warfare, much like your own. Be sure to get along with the overseer there.

PPS: Please peruse the below list of current war machines and weapons employed by our nation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You finish reading the list, and start thinking about what exactly you want to do first.

Do you concentrate on the requests of the government?

Or do you do something else?

((A note from me:

Please don’t be put off by the experimental nature of this thread, nor the large list of already existing designs.

The nation you are working for does have a number of weaknesses and the current military is very conventionally set up, and future conflicts might not always be conventional ones.

Nor will they all come from the outside.

As such, please bare this in mind and have fun!

On a side note, can anyone possibly link me to good calculators that can help with working out engines, weapons and other equipments capabilities such as calibre to power ratios, how the cartridge size and/or barrel length impacts muzzle velocity and hitting power, engine horsepower levels etc.

For the ones above, I either based them off of existing machines/designs or guessed and that is not how things should work.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:14:52 pm by kahn1234 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Ordnance - Story of a War Factory
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 10:19:39 am »

DESIGNS LIST

Research and Development for May 1945 (Bonus Traits will be added after voting completes and next turn commences).

Research and Development for June 1945:

Research and Development for July 1945:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:12:27 pm by kahn1234 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:57 am »

<Reserved>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:12:48 pm by kahn1234 »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 10:31:34 am »

looks very promising, PTW
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:51 am »

Glad to see you back Khan.

I'll make the following proposals (I am not a designer but I will try.).

1. Atmosphere slayer system or A.S.S. An AA system with improved sights for magnifications. It'll have improved accuracy and be easier to maneuver than the standard 100 mm AA already in place.

2. Crusader armor. A light weige body armor that covers the front of a soldiers body while leaving the back exposed and the sides mostly unhindered. The idea is to make it lightweight but still able to stop bullets (to some degree).

3. Impregnor rockets. Breech rockets designed to penetrate armor as strong as 190 mm thick from a 'mid-range'.

4. Bisec pistols. Same design as the hubble but sturdier and with a quicker fire rate.

5. Peacemaker. Battle-shot gun for our breech troops. Easy to maneuver and the ability to quickly put 3-4 blasts in per 3 seconds.

6. Nerve gas. Design a nerve gas that can be dropped in by bombers in cities that will paralyze the lungs of anyone who breathes it.

7. Gas masks. Idk something?

Again I am not a real designer just the idea guy. : (

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:56:36 am »

Designs:

1: Cricket. Lightly armored car, designed for reliability and speed. Mounted .50 cal gun. Designed for lightning raids by light infantry, or for carrying supplies and men behind the lines, when unarmed.

2: Semi-Auto Carbine, SAE (Semi-Auto Enfield) Weighs about 2-3 kilograms, about 200 mm shorter. Designed for officers and vehicle crews as a last resort, or special forces as a lighter rifle.

Requests:

A: Ask if the government could obtain a few Kerminky aircraft, so we could test them against our own.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 11:03:41 am »

My ideas

3. Wildcat Armored car
Designed to replace Gilton Light Tank this scout\light infantry support\mobile AA 8-wheeled car is using the old proven 40mm AT gun as its main gun and HMG, and Heavy MG Model 1939 as secondary armament. Has universal turret capable to engage both air and land targets

4. Helicopter
Study helicopter concept and try to design a working prototype

5. Heavy Anti-material sniper rifle
Develop sniper rifle to use 12.7x120mm Itannic round

6. 8X40mm round
Develop intermediate round to base future infantry weapons on

B. Produce Balor Seawind Fighter to maintain air superiority

C. Produce Heavy MG Model 1939, Mortimer 8mm MK 15 for infantry firepower

D. Produce  Land Prince MK1 tank because this tank will remain viable in defensive battles for a long time

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:31:51 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:11:09 am »

((Dont forget to vote on the ideas! Remember, 2 votes needed to be added to the list!

If we dont get the votes, I'll roll a dice per each of your post, the ideas which get the highest two scores will be selected)).

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:29:52 am »

I'll vote after more ideas will appear.

Looks like both I and playergamer missed the first post with proposals.... that created a mess... Can you, please repost\edit, 3man75 ?

Edited in production proposals:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:31:26 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 11:57:22 am »

((I made a quick summary of some of the heavy weapons available to you:

Royal Ordnance 460mm High velocity naval cannon (Not in Use Yet)
Royal Ordnance 410mm High velocity naval cannon (Not in Use Yet)
Royal Ordnance 380mm High Velocity naval cannon
Royal Ordnance 340mm High velocity naval cannon
Royal Ordnance 160mm High Velocity naval cannon
Royal Ordnance 140mm duel purpose high velocity naval cannon (anti ship and anti air)
Royal Ordnance 100mm AA Gun
Royal Ordnance 80mm duel purpose high velocity naval cannon (anti ship and anti air)
Royal Ordnance 80mm HV AT Gun (80x 650mm)
Royal Ordnance 80mm HV AA Gun
Royal Ordnance 60mm AT Gun (60x580mm)
Royal Ordnance 40mm AA Cannon
Royal Ordnance 40mm AT Gun (Round: 40x420mm)
Royal Ordnance 20mm rapid fire AA long barreled cannons
Royal Ordnance 20mm AT Autocannon (20x150mm)
540mm Torpedos - Multiple types.
Porcupine 30 barrel A/S Projectors
Plankton Triple Barrelled A/S Mortar
Hedgehog 24 barrel A/S Projector
Longshire Limbo Automatic Triple Barrelled A/S Mortar
Royal Ordnance 50mm Mortar
Royal Ordnance 82mm Mortar

I will make further summaries of the engines and other equipment at a later date.

Also, all the requests/production shall be included in the next update as there is less than the allow 6-8. Also, the gas mask will be allowed through automatically without taking up a slot as they are simple enough to only require a small team, if that.

I will now start working on the dice rolls for the research and development ideas as there are quite a few.))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:00:36 pm by kahn1234 »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 11:58:49 am »

1. Atmosphere slayer system or A.S.S. An AA system with improved sights for magnifications. It'll have improved accuracy and be easier to maneuver than the standard 100 mm AA already in place.

2. Crusader armor. A light weige body armor that covers the front of a soldiers body while leaving the back exposed and the sides mostly unhindered. The idea is to make it lightweight but still able to stop bullets (to some degree).

3. Impregnor rockets. Breech rockets designed to penetrate armor as strong as 190 mm thick from a 'mid-range'.

4. Bisec pistols. Same design as the hubble but sturdier and with a quicker fire rate.

5. Peacemaker. Battle-shot gun for our breech troops. Easy to maneuver and the ability to quickly put 3-4 blasts in per 3 seconds.

6. Nerve gas. Design a nerve gas that can be dropped in by bombers in cities that will paralyze the lungs of anyone who breathes it.

7. Gas masks. Idk something?

My ideas

3. Wildcat Armored car
Designed to replace Gilton Light Tank this scout\light infantry support\mobile AA 8-wheeled car is using the old proven 40mm AT gun as its main gun and HMG, and Heavy MG Model 1939 as secondary armament. Has universal turret capable to engage both air and land targets

4. Helicopter
Study helicopter concept and try to design a working prototype

5. Heavy Anti-material sniper rifle
Develop sniper rifle to use 12.7x120mm Itannic round

6. 8X40mm round
Develop intermediate round to base future infantry weapons on

B. Produce Balor Seawind Fighter to maintain air superiority

C. Produce Heavy MG Model 1939, Mortimer 8mm MK 15 for infantry firepower

D. Produce  Land Prince MK1 tank because this tank will remain viable in defensive battles for a long time

all good and I vote for all of these. Mostly because our country has a need for them.

Designs:

1: Cricket. Lightly armored car, designed for reliability and speed. Mounted .50 cal gun. Designed for lightning raids by light infantry, or for carrying supplies and men behind the lines, when unarmed.

2: Semi-Auto Carbine, SAE (Semi-Auto Enfield) Weighs about 2-3 kilograms, about 200 mm shorter. Designed for officers and vehicle crews as a last resort, or special forces as a lighter rifle.

Requests:

A: Ask if the government could obtain a few Kerminky aircraft, so we could test them against our own.

New rifle designs would help fit complete our "requests".

Also maybe we should work with the Air force on creating our version of the V2 rocket programs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-2_rocket

I'd like to add to my proposals to study rocket weaponry and develop ideas to fire rockets from our country to our oceans to keep enemy fleets off balance.

Btw the V2 is famous for being impossible to counter (too fast for aircraft to catch or shoot down) but implemented to late during the war.

EDIT: The scratch means no btw. Also do we vote now?

EDIT: 2 Apparently were being "twinned" with the overseer of bulshire who does ground warfare like us. We should probably ask to speak with him in a meeting. Maybe ask if he could help us with our "Rocketry" and "Helicopter" ideas. We'll share teams, resources, designs, and credit for them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:11:05 pm by 3man75 »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 02:57:52 pm »

I can get behind this. +1

Begin to design/invent jet engines.
We will need them, and the technology is more than available.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 04:44:35 pm »

((Sorry, did not see some posts. Will include in next update if voted for.))

((Working on the next update now. You can vote any time for other peoples ideas.

For those ideas which have not been voted for, I will roll a dice and take the two highest scores.

Thirdly, the updates will be a mix of Roleplay and traditional design-game format, depending on what has been proposed and developed, and suchlike. Just warning you now as I know some people here dont like the usual story-type forum games.))

ACCEPTED PROPOSALS

Requests and Production List:

-A: Ask if the government could obtain a few Kerminky aircraft, so we could test them against our own.

-B. Produce Balor Seawind Fighter to maintain air superiority

-C. Produce Heavy MG Model 1939, Mortimer 8mm MK 15 for infantry firepower

-D. Produce  Land Prince MK1 tank because this tank will remain viable in defensive battles for a long time

-E. We should work with the Air force on creating our version of the V2 rocket program;
    Study rocket weaponry and develop ideas to fire rockets from our country to our oceans to keep enemy fleets off balance.

Research and Development List

-7. Semi-Auto Carbine, SAE (Semi-Auto Enfield)

-8. Wildcat Armored car

-9. Helicopter

-10. Heavy Anti-material sniper rifle

-11. 8X40mm round

-12. Gas masks

Unvoted Ideas

1. Atmosphere slayer system or A.S.S. -12

2. Crusader armor -7

3. Impregnor rockets-4

4. Bisec pistols -5

5. Peacemaker. -10

6. Nerve gas -3

Highest scores are the Peacemaker and A.S.S with 10 and 12 respectively, thrown naturally with a physical D12 dice. Remaining Ideas can be resubmitted next round.

--------

Month 1, May 1945.

You realise you have been sat at your desk for quite a while now, thinking. You need to set about giving orders and overseeing!

But first, you have a few phone calls to make.

First, you call up the MoD, using your contact, Benjamin George Disreali-Lancaster. He picks up the phone almost immediately.

You have a short conversation about the possibility of requesting the purchase of Kerminkian aircraft for further study. Ben is silent for a few moments, before answering that it would be difficult - relations between the two countries have been stressed as of late, he reminds you - but it should be possible to get a handful of their fighters and CAS aircraft. Smiling, you thank him and state you are looking forward to his response.

You put the phone down and then pick it right back up, this time calling your production managers.

The production chief picks his phone up after half a dozen rings.

"Mornin'," He says, his northern accent thick across the phone line.

"Ah! Jeremy my good man, how the devil are you?" You ask.

"I'm fine, thanks sir. What can I do fer ya?"

"Well, to satisfy the big wigs in Bluehall, I was hoping to propose this months production foci."

"Sure, what do you 'ave in mind?"

"I'd like to focus on producing at least 500 Balor Seawinds this month. We need to increase our air supremacy, and numbers is a simple yet effective way of doing so. I would also like at least 2000 units of the Mortimer MK15 HMGs produced and also 200, preferably more, Land Princes producing."

"That's a mighty large order, there. It'll be pushin' our production capabilities at this moment, but we should be able to do it."

"Thats a good man! Let me know if anything happens!"

"Will do, ser!".

Lastly, your third and final phone call is to the local air marshal. It takes him a while to pick up, but pick up he does. He answers the phone in a clipped manner, until he finds out who you are. He becomes very friendly when he finds out you are the new custodian of the ROF attached to his favourite airfield.

You chat with him at length about the creation of land-to-sea missiles or rockets that could keep enemy fleets at bay. The air marshal is quite taken by the idea, mostly as it would reduce the pressure on the air force and somewhat off the navy should an enemy try landing on our fair island.

He said he would take it up with his colleagues at the Air College and his acquaintances at the Admiralty and get back to you.

You thank him and part ways.

Now, off to the engineering teams.......

Research and Development for this Month.

((You had a run of good rolls there. Just to clarify, I have changed to a D12 over a D6 as it allows me more choice.

A natural 1 will be a critical failure. 2-7 will be varying degrees of failure (or neutral results), however the project would carry on into the next month and another roll could mean the idea is completed eventually with no defects. 8+ will be varying degrees of success, with 8-10 getting you one bonus trait and 11-12 getting you two.))

After visiting the engineering teams to give them their jobs for the month, you peruse the recent technology and Global news:

News article 1:
NEW SYNTHETIC MATERIALS DISCOVERED!
New synthetic yet tough materials have been discovered by scientists and materials engineers at the Royal Science Institute. They have many names for these materials but one of the most interesting is a material called 'Kevlar'. Military developers are itching to get their hands on the results.

News Article 2:
ROLLED HOMOGENEOUS ARMOUR: THE BE ALL AND END ALL?
Debate has been started over whether rolled homogeneous armour is the be all and end all of armour technology. New materials are discovered every month now, and new alloys are developed. We are now seeing many ceramics, synthetica materials, super-tough alloys and such like becoming more and more common. Some military developers have started investing in the development of 'composite' armour.
Is this the end for humble steel?

News Article 3:
DIPLOMATIC CRISIS: RIVALS POSTURE. AGAIN
The USAA and the SSSR have been trading verbal blows yet again. Fortunately, Itannic mediators were there to calm things down.

News Article 4:
JURELIA AT IT AGAIN
The Principality of Jurelia in southern Yurope is up to its old tricks again. They are antagonizing their neighbours, two of which have some of our Island possessions off their coasts. Lets hope that the situation calms down in the region.

((Ask if you want to know more))

Internal Private Telegram:
WARNING stop
BE AWARE OF EXTERNAL ESPIONAGE stop
ROF BLURTON WAS SUBJECT TO SABOTAGE stop
LPG POWER STATION WAS SEVERELY DAMAGED IN BOMB STRIKE stop
TIGHTENING OF SECURITY AT ALL ROF SITES RECOMMENDED stop.

Well, thats not good.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:49:48 pm by kahn1234 »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 05:36:23 pm »

SAE: Accuracy and Reliability
Wildcat: Easy Maintenance or Reliable
Helicopter: Highly Agile
8x40mm: Stable, Stopping Power

1. Two-engined transport plane. Make sure it can drop paratroopers, along with transporting supplies. Make the engines quiet, and make it large enough to carry 2 sections of paratroopers.

2. "Warbler" SMG. 30 round magazine. Around 800mm, 2-3 kg.

3. Lightweight frag grenade.

A: When we get the Kerminky planes, have a few engineers reverse engineer them and give us the specs. If we have more than one, hold mock dogfights between their planes and the Seawind.

B: Figure out the distance to the major Kerminky cities and ports, and the major Tarain ports.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:50:40 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »

SAE: Ruggedness and Reliability, paratroopers will use this
Wildcat: Easy Maintenance or Reliable(bolded my choice-tryrar)
Helicopter: Highly Agile
8x40mm: Stable, Stopping Power

1. Two-engined transport plane. Make sure it can drop paratroopers, along with transporting supplies. Make the engines quiet, and make it large enough to carry 2 sections of paratroopers.

2. "Warbler" SMG. 30 round magazine. Around 800mm, 2-3 kg.

3. Lightweight frag grenade.

A: When we get the Kerminky planes, have a few engineers reverse engineer them and give us the specs. If we have more than one, hold mock dogfights between their planes and the Seawind.

+1 to this. I'll add:

4:Design a Jet Engine. It should put out at least 1600 pound-force thrust(2000 would be ideal), and be able to run at for at least 100 flight-hours, if not longer.

5:Radar. Develop Radar if we haven't already; if we have, improvements on detection and acquisition for current systems, and maybe see if we can shrink it down to fit into a palne.

6:Nuclear power. research possibility of creating reactors small enough to fit on ships to power steam turbines instead of traditional coal or oil boilers.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13