Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sarajevo Under Siege: 1992-1996  (Read 2004 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Sarajevo Under Siege: 1992-1996
« on: April 17, 2015, 07:58:55 pm »

Sarajevo Under Siege: 1992-1996

"Once again, I was moved above all not by the thought that my death would 'count,' but that it would not count in the least.”
                                                                                                                                                                                                         -Christopher Hitchens

On April 5, 1992, the Army of Republika Srpska laid siege to Sarajevo. The siege lasted until February 29, 1996, longer than the American involvement in World War 2. Over five thousand civilians died during the siege, due to shelling, snipers, and, of course, starvation, dehydration, and hypothermia. The six of you are currently sitting in a bombed out tenement, in a mostly destroyed neighborhood. You barely know each other, if at all, and you have very little water, no food, and no idea what to do now.

Welcome to Sarajevo.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

This game takes place during the Siege of Sarajevo, the longest siege in modern history. As mentioned above, the siege lasted longer than America was in WW2, and over 5000 civilians died. The six of you will try to survive until the end of the war.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sarajevo Under Siege: 1992-1996
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:21:51 pm »

How did this slip off the first page with no attention?

Spoiler: Caus (click to show/hide)
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 12:07:41 am »

Spoiler: Izudin (click to show/hide)
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 11:06:32 am »

Name: Niko Lyevski
Appearance: A skinny, stubbled man with a shaved head. He wears mostly Adidas clothing.
Biography: Before the siege, Niko lived in Serbia with his russian parents. He was to enlist in the Serbian army, but decided to go to Sarajevo for humanitarian aid. He was seperated from his group, which were all executed by soldiers. Now he must find a way to get home alive.
Inventory: full Cigarettes pack, a balaclava, a lead pipe, bottle of water
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 08:09:44 am »

Reserved.

Nevermind, no time. :c
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:56:48 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:02:17 am »

Name: Katja Loja
Appearance: A chubby, short woman with brown shoulder length hair. She is wearing a dress with floral patterns, which has some stains, and slippers.
Biography: Katja grew up in Sarajevo, and managed to make ends meet, by making, and selling dresses. She was one of the local residents of the neighbourhood, and fled here, due to the shelling of her tenement.
Occupation: Seamstress/Dressmaker, however, she mostly makes the dresses by hand, which means she barely makes enough money to get by, and a bit more.
Inventory: A cloth bag, which has a small plastic bottle of water, some sewing supplies, such as needle and thread, buttons, and a handful of coins.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:22:57 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:08 pm »

Name: Vetzin Roskarinov
Appearance: Big, muscular, bald, wearing streetgear. No striking features besides several scars on his face, arms and torso from years of fighting.
Biography:  Vetzin was a temporary construction worker by day and a gangbanger by night. Vetzin was mostly concerned with working during the day to get money to support his nightlife, which consisted of beating up other gangs, drinking liquor, gambling, and picking up girls. Vetzin was arrested for assault on the day the siege began, and used the shelling as cover to escape the police.
Vetzin doesn't identify with any ethnicity, he was an orphan and loner as a child and was not assimilated into either group. He does not care for politics either; of course he doesn't like the invading army since they are putting his home city under siege, but he doesn't support the government either because of his frequent encounters with the police.
[If possible, Vetzin could be very strong as a result of constantly doing heavy lifting on the job, but he would also be dependent on drinking alcohol constantly.]
Inventory: Streetwear, Vodka Flask, Hammer, Switchblade
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 09:39:31 pm »

Name: Joe Gar
Appearance: A tall, lanky individual with long fingers, a crooked grin, and amber-colored eyes covered by his long brown hair.
Biography: Born to a lower-class family struggling to survive, Gar is no stranger to work. In between running messages here or there across the city he spent much of his time reading books on places other than here, mostly wilderness survival books. He was reading one of these in the library when the shelling started, and when he left he took the book with him.
Inventory: half-empty bottle of water, penknife, messenger bag, survival book, khaki pants, t-shirt, watchcap
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:43:58 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 01:31:51 pm »

Name: Joshua Barton
Appearance: Due to a malnutritioned childhood, Joshua's growth has been stunted and he only stands 4 foot 8 inches tall. (142 cm) His hair is extremely long and his left hand is smashed beyond recognition.
Biography: Born in Sarajevo and has never left it his whole life. His father died before he was born, and his mother succumbed to disease in the opening months of the siege.
Occupation: an apprentice to a metalworker. Skilled in metallurgy, and smithing.
Inventory: small pieces of wire and a tin water bottle (empty)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 03:17:01 am »

Bump.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 08:17:19 am »

Name: Vladimir Terentievich Rasko
Appearance: worn Soviet Army field uniform and unshaved face on top of it.
Biography: Born in Simferopol, Ukrainian SSR, Vladimir entered military service at age 18 and progressed to Sergeant, and was sent for a 3-year military aid program to Sarajevo in 1989. In 1991 USSR fell apart and small group of soviet military assistants was forgotten. Vladimir kept in touch with his comrades, but lost contact when the siege began.
Occupation:  Vladimir works at railway terminal unloading cargo from trains to make a living. He ocasionally raises some money in construction jobs. Well, he used to do that till now
Inventory: flat flask (cognac, 100 ml), tin water flask (water, 600 ml), folding knife, a box of matches, Soviet passport (international), military service ticket (in Russian).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:05:28 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 03:48:49 pm »

Bonk
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 04:00:50 pm »

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 04:07:26 pm »

Last active - May, 19. At least he'll see we're still interested.
Sigs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 04:19:57 pm »

I am half tempted to try running this if they dont pick it back up, although it would probably get far too complicated far too fast...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: [1] 2