Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: ARCHESTONE - 4/4 - The Despoiled Temple  (Read 13917 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: ARCHESTONE - 4/4 - The Despoiled Temple
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2015, 01:02:08 pm »

Karia rests for a moment, flipping the creature over with her foot.

"I think we'd best start keeping an eye on the ceilings."

Having said that she bends down to the corpse and starts examining it in closer detail.

She also checks the colour of the blood on her blade
- one of the few lessons she held with from her raising was never to trust anything that didn't bleed red. Not that she was inclined to trust these... things either.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2015, 01:12:01 pm »

Phew-! Ah, as I was saying..

Finish doing this:
Take some of the ropes and twist them together to make a rope thick enough to support the weight of a person.

Slope's probably the lightest among us. No offense, ladies.

"I think we'd best start keeping an eye on the ceilings."
Maybe I should've stuck with my sword. He made me feel like such a clumsy bastard. Essel didn't normally get bent out of shape but he was presently letting his frustration get the better of him, and realizing that made him plain angry on top of it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »

Sucana leaned against a wall, scissoring her sleeve with her sword to attend to the bite on her arm. She hoped it wouldn't get infected...she watched her own blood dripping and pooling on the stone, wondering what the last warrior who shed blood here was thinking as he lay wounded. Or who he was. All she had felt was that he had been something called a 'Wanderers of Agaral'...

She gathered her wandering thoughts and spoke.

"...Let's test the rope by trying to draw a bucket of water up first. I need to clean this wound." Sucana says steadily, butchering her sleeve for a bandage.

Action: Use that rope that's getting made to lower a bucket and pull up some water.

Assuming the water doesn't look tainted, wash out my the wound on my arm, and rip my sleeve and bandage/tourniquet the bleeding.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:53:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2015, 02:03:30 pm »

I would help Sucana bandage her arm after it's been washed since that's tough to do with one hand.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2015, 05:27:39 pm »

Slope took his shirt off, breathing heavily, meanwhile gaping at the two huge scars on his torso. He waited patiently for the water to clean the wounds, and afterwards used his shirt to bind it.

"Gah. I wasn't built for this!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2015, 05:19:02 pm »

Karia inspects her blade for blood. There's not much on it - and looking closely at it it's more of a dull grey paste than sanguine blood, as if the creature was formed of clay. Looking closer at it increases the resemblance - the skin is thick and rubbery, yielding slightly under her fingertips. Tiny bone shards stick out like hairs. That said, its skeleton seem to be bone. The gaunt figure suggests it doesn't even have organs, and it has no sex. You find it hard to imagine this creature ever arising naturally.

The bucket is lowered until it knocks against an obstacle and the current catches it. The sudden increase in weight almost sends Sučana and Essel staggering. The water drawn up from the well is cold and clear, tasting pure. With the sounds of ripping cloth, wounds are bandaged and bleeding staunched.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's note (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2015, 05:27:37 pm »

"Well this thing certainly wasn't born."

She prodded it again with a foot, half expecting it to leave an imprint.

"Looks more like it came from a mould."

She looks troubled for a moment.

"Question is, why would something that can mould flesh be guarding this shit hole."
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2015, 05:54:22 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking. Now come on Slope, get in the bucket. And take a sunmote with you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2015, 12:32:07 pm »

((OOC: Humm, sorry I forget about this. It updated last during my 'bad week'.))

Sucana took a cold drink of water, afterwards splashing it over her head, feeling it drench and quench the battle heat. Amazing how such simple pleasures, which she didn't lack as royalty, could be so appealing now-on the line between life and death.

"All right...we need to keep moving. Let's get out of here and take the other path."

Action: Backtrack and take the left-hand corridor onwards! Drag the rest of the party if needed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »

Hold it, I'm not moving from this spot. I want to see what's down there.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2015, 03:12:24 pm »

"...In the well? Lots of water-and, quite a strong current. You want to risk riding down on a bucket?" She asks, distress showing in her fine features.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »

If there's flow, then that means it can lead us out of this place. I doubt they built an aqueduct under the mountain (then again they did built this place); my guess is that it's probably an underground stream, which if you've ever seen one, they're quite like very low caves. The water will also be very shallow. You couldn't drown in it if you were lying on your back.

That creature wasn't shut inside this room to protect the well, it wandered in from down there. He pointed towards the ground. And it preys on people coming to draw water. I think it's a good idea if we at least took a look down there. We don't need to lower Slope into the water if it doesn't look safe. Heck we don't need to lower Slope at all if he doesn't feel up to it. I could go. But whoever goes, I need the rest of you to pull that person up. I can't do it on my own.

Those priests wouldn't need ropes to climb down here. There may be a passage on the inside of the well's wall, or beneath it, in the cave or aqueduct. I know it sounds crazy, but if I were building a secret escape passage, that's where I'd put it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:46:42 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2015, 03:52:02 pm »

She nods.

"I suppose it's well reasoned. I would note, it could climb on ceilings.

How about we weigh down a rope and dip it down into the well so we can just how deep the water is, before we...er, you try to go down there?"

Action: Tie a strong knot around the hilt of my sword with the rope and dip it into the well to try and determine the depth of the water.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2015, 03:58:46 pm »

Good idea.

Essel stands by while she does this.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »

The sword drops into the well with a splash. You would guess the depth to be around knee-deep.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19