Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42

Author Topic: [FEF] Phoenix Emblem: OOC Thread  (Read 57455 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] Phoenix Emblem: OOC Thread
« Reply #510 on: May 09, 2015, 02:53:52 am »

Yeah, and you're next on the waitlist too...

To be fair, I don't think the waitlist is evident of entering times since me and swordstar join at the same time, no idea on shoruke though. And to be quite honest, 15 people is an obscene mount of people for a fef. I would know, that's what my game looks like at the moment; even though whenever this (my) map finishes it'll be 14. I don't want to be that guy and also put words in mastah's mouth at the same time, but you'd probably only get in if someone quits/drops/dies/gets kicked simply due to the already high number of PCs. And that usually never happens; unlike other(?) forum games.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 09, 2015, 09:18:21 am »

Yeah, and you're next on the waitlist too...

To be fair, I don't think the waitlist is evident of entering times since me and swordstar join at the same time, no idea on shoruke though. And to be quite honest, 15 people is an obscene mount of people for a fef. I would know, that's what my game looks like at the moment; even though whenever this (my) map finishes it'll be 14. I don't want to be that guy and also put words in mastah's mouth at the same time, but you'd probably only get in if someone quits/drops/dies/gets kicked simply due to the already high number of PCs. And that usually never happens; unlike other(?) forum games.
Im pretty sure if this follows similarly to regular FE, at least half of you guys will die because there is no revert save function. I'm not expecting Apotheosis type stuff, but something challenging enough.

If it was like that however, I'm surprised you guys are still even alive
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 09, 2015, 09:20:53 am »

I've read a lot of FEFs, and deaths are rare. Mainly because you don't die when you drop to 0 HP, but 3 turns afterwards if you're healed, and the counter resets each time.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 09, 2015, 09:35:47 am »

I've read a lot of FEFs, and deaths are rare. Mainly because you don't die when you drop to 0 HP, but 3 turns afterwards if you're healed, and the counter resets each time.
This is also Mastahcheese we're talking about... Death usually comes in tow with him. Just look at his bay12 heroes game.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 09, 2015, 09:55:27 am »

If this were Awakening, where the AI is deliberately designed to kill off anyone and cause emotionally-attached players to restart, you would most certainly be very boned.

Since this is FEF, and doing so would require a personal Sucker Punch To You In Particular by the GM, the enemies are more likely to spread their attacks out. Also, the aforementioned death timer. Healing sticks are your friends.
Bear in mind, the GM's perceived douchiness will not save you from yourself. Whoever's on point is gonna get smacked.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:56:59 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 09, 2015, 10:15:02 am »

If this were Awakening, where the AI is deliberately designed to kill off anyone and cause emotionally-attached players to restart, you would most certainly be very boned.

Since this is FEF, and doing so would require a personal Sucker Punch To You In Particular by the GM, the enemies are more likely to spread their attacks out. Also, the aforementioned death timer. Healing sticks are your friends.
Bear in mind, the GM's perceived douchiness will not save you from yourself. Whoever's on point is gonna get smacked.
I didn't say it was douchey I mean his games tend to be... How do I put this... REALLY REALLY REALLY hard. I like those kinds of games, but dayum, Mastahcheese knows how to keep you on your toes

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 09, 2015, 12:13:05 pm »

There's also the fact that swordstar is in this game. AKA the fef planner. The only deaths during her plans are because of people not listening to the plan. But we could see some deaths, who knows.

EDIT: Also, it's already easier than glowcat's game since the enemies don't have any PSs/PFs and are actually still trainees, not that it's bad that we're not stressing over enemy size and power. The only way it wouldn't be is if Mastah starts spamming reinforcements out the ass or had some really unexpected/difficult twists.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:20:09 pm by F.O.E. »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 09, 2015, 12:26:44 pm »

There's also the fact that swordstar is in this game. AKA the fef planner. The only deaths during her plans are because of people not listening to the plan. But we could see some deaths, who knows.

Oh you~~~

* Swordstar blushes and waves hands at FOE

But seriously, we've had a total of three deaths in all of the FEFs and all three of them were because their players acted in less than smart ways. Two were because people ran away from the group on their own (hint: don't do that) and one was a plot kill because someone killed an NPC without talking to them at first, burned someone's house down, plus various other things, then taunted the dude who was the father of the NPC he killed (hint: really don't do that.)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 09, 2015, 01:10:18 pm »

Come on guys. We need a move from Bluex

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 09, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »

Ok, I'm here.

But yeah, death rates in FEF games are pretty low, overall, so I wouldn't be expecting PC deaths left and right.
Although I do have that reputation for ruthlessness to uphold...

Anyway, @Highmax: Your sheet looks alright (I'm not going to complain about the wretchedly odd progression rates. I think you'll be the first person to have prog rates that aren't multiples of 5.)
*Rolls for Affinity*
You can choose from Anima or Heaven affinities.

But now that Bluex has posted, I'll get to work on that update...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:39 pm »

Imma take... Lets go with Anima

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 09, 2015, 08:56:01 pm »

Imma take... Lets go with Anima
Alright, I'll add your sheet to the OP.

Also, update finally done.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 09, 2015, 09:25:40 pm »

"Stillness: 50%
Roll: 24 = Passed!"

Wouldn't that mean Stillness successfully activated and she couldn't be attacked by the mage?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 09, 2015, 09:36:05 pm »

Ok, tactics time. Diana could blast Soldier A, Veda could probably move to J9 to blast either Swordsman A or Soldier A and be fine. Sabuoru could probably whack the mage in front of him, but that fighter's gonna hurt. Nao should probably heal Warek so he doesn't get his face burnt off by one of the mages next turn, Kurai could probably help kill soldier A or vuln Tracey.

Anyone have any better plans?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2015, 09:40:44 pm »

As a tip: You should give specific coordinates so people don't end up on top of each other.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42