Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: [FEF] Phoenix Emblem: OOC Thread  (Read 57554 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] Phoenix Emblem: OOC Thread
« Reply #495 on: May 07, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »

* Swordstar shrugs

If you guys are smart about it, it wouldn't be too hard to form a line, etc. Buuuuut I'm not in the game yet so I'm letting the new people plan :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 07, 2015, 09:08:15 pm »

You could use the fact Warek advanced and take position behind him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 07, 2015, 11:30:41 pm »

I don't know how late I am, but I'd like to be waitlisted. I'm new to this, so I'll try to figure things out.

To pick my affinity, I used the deck of many things and put each card with one of each (I picked flames if anyone was curious. I guess I'm boned in D&D)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:32:09 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 07, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

I'd try to stick to the trees as much as possible until most of the enemy frontliners are gone, then you can rush the ranged attackers and healers.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:18 pm »

highmax: GM picks affinity. Also a) you only have 325% growths, b) we already have two soldier trainees, you'd be more useful as a healer or a magic user.
Edit: Also, falling from a wyvern isn't something people are likely to survive unless they were flying low to the ground.

shoruke: Hiding in the tree line is only so useful, there comes a point when you need to move forward. That time is now *before* the entire group of enemies rushes people
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:46:37 pm by Swordstar »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 08, 2015, 12:30:51 am »

highmax: GM picks affinity. Also a) you only have 325% growths, b) we already have two soldier trainees, you'd be more useful as a healer or a magic user.
Edit: Also, falling from a wyvern isn't something people are likely to survive unless they were flying low to the ground.

shoruke: Hiding in the tree line is only so useful, there comes a point when you need to move forward. That time is now *before* the entire group of enemies rushes people

You assume I'd get much height from not having experience with riding anything...

And I want to stick with a soldier trainee because mages are too squishy for how I play and healers even moreso. I also looked at the current party, not the waitlisted, and I see one medic, one support (dancer), two mages, one tank, one balanced swordsman, one I don't know what it is (what is USEC exactly?) and one speedy swordsman. As for the waitlist, I see two high crit swordsmen, an archer, a swordsman trainee, a scavenger (not familiar with them sadly), and a fighter. If anything, for balancing, an aerial unit (which is my goal, heading to Wyvern Rider into Wyvern Knight (since Wyvern Lord seemed to have gotten meshed with it)) would help balance things out (though I do agree, you can never have enough healers). If anything, I see a lot of swordsmen... My other option was going fighter trainee and heading pirate into berserker but then I would either have minimal use or get killed really quickly. I'm also not fond of most of the horse riding classes as their final forms usually don't end up doing so well, and I'm pretty sure pegasus knights are female only.

Other then that, I'll fix everything else.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 08, 2015, 08:01:29 am »

There's no female only rule on pegs knights. This ain't FE.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 08, 2015, 08:27:21 am »

(what is USEC exactly?)

Soldier -> Sentinel. Technically I'm supposed to be a tank, but Soldiers and Sentinels have very balanced bonuses and I obviously didn't want to put too much progression into any stat for it'd be wasted when I hit the cap. Plus unlike Knights/Generals they lack defensive feats/abilities. So... Balanced Soldier, I guess you could call me.

EDIT: Considering that he's from fantasy Japan and everything I put down Ashigaru because why the hell not. It's just a more flavourful name for footsoldier after all.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:29:02 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 08, 2015, 08:31:15 am »

Or troubadours, or bandits, or pirates, or...

Also, Scavengers are like thieves, except they take money while fighting instead of taking items.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 08, 2015, 08:39:35 am »

Or troubadours, or bandits, or pirates, or...

Also, Scavengers are like thieves, except they take money while fighting instead of taking items.
Also, magic.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 08, 2015, 09:00:51 am »

Still going to roll with Wyvern Knight though. Thanks for clearing up some of the confusion. If I actually used medics in FE, maybe I would be more inclined to use one, but then again, this is the same guy who (no offence to you) thinks dancers are awful.

Just wondering, do they have an attack yet or is it just giving an extra move?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 08, 2015, 10:19:50 am »

They have items that let them buff/debuff, and then on promo get either swords or magic

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:05 pm »

Come on guys. It's been two days and we've had four people move. We still need USEC, Cinder, Pencil, and kj. I would like to join some time this month, not in July :/

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 08, 2015, 09:41:13 pm »

Come on guys. It's been two days and we've had four people move. We still need USEC, Cinder, Pencil, and kj. I would like to join some time this month, not in July :/
Yeah, and you're next on the waitlist too...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 08, 2015, 10:27:07 pm »

KJ you have like... three possible dance targets from I-9, please specify who of Kurai (scap), Warek (Bluex), and Diana (twinwolf) you're dancing. Besides that, we just need USEC
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42