Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello Baywatchers  (Read 2511 times)

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the stone that the builder refused.
    • View Profile
Hello Baywatchers
« on: April 16, 2015, 08:15:51 pm »

Hello everyone, im currently developing my own expansions to an already existing game. Its a f2p sandbox rpg with two races, Orcs and Humans. The humans have the 4 current ethnicities, Southshore (darkskin), Plainsman (lightskin),Northerners (white/pink), Chiprock (pale). The orcs have the 3 current ethnicities,  Warcry (brownish green), Stonehammer (pale green), Windhowl (green). Then we have the current installments of the dwarves without claimed ethnicities. (Dwarf A)Pale white (w/some pink tint) dwarf. Some similarities to regular Caucasian humans as far as skin tone. (DB)Grayish pale dwarfs, color is similar to that of steel.(DC) Super pale white dwarfs, skin color similar to marble.  So if any of you have any ideas for names that these dwarves can claim.I find that most of you are very creative. Please feel free to share. Will submit photos upon request. All contributions appreciated. If you would like to even give lore behind the name of the ethnicity of your dwarf. That would be great and possibly could be added to the game.
They see me trollin,they hatin moderatin' 'n' trying to catch me posting dirty.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Baywatchers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:18:31 pm »

So is this an ethnicity simulator or what?  You've told us nothing about the game except that there's orcs and humans and they're different colors.
Shoes...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:04 pm »

(lightskin) ... (white/pink) ... (pale)
Hm.

Aren't these all the same thing?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:38:24 pm »

Could you tell us more about this game? What's interesting about it?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:42:35 pm »

I didn't think the content of the game mattered that much which is why i didn't mention it. It's a medieval sandbox rpg, with over 400 craftable items and building materials. its not an ethnicity simulator i was simply asking for clan names or race names. The map is huge, different terrain types, moutains and caves. Vicious and cute animals both ready to slice your throat. It's multiplayer as well, and you are allowed to create factions to create conformity. Vast seas that can be explored with boats
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:44:53 pm by Mikeche »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:45 pm »

any ideas for names that these dwarves can claim

Dwarven clan names? Try the "material + body part" formula:

* Ironbeard
 * Steelfist
 * Stonefoot
 * Firecrotch

etc.

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:00 pm »

any ideas for names that these dwarves can claim

Dwarven clan names? Try the "material + body part" formula:

* Ironbeard
 * Steelfist
 * Stonefoot
 * Firecrotch

etc.

Thank you so much!

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 08:43:54 am »

Every game needs a Firecrotch clan.  Regardless of genre, style or even if there's not normally clans in the game.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 03:37:40 pm »

I didn't think the content of the game mattered that much which is why i didn't mention it.

You... You do realize you're posting in the 'Other Games' board, right? We're a curious bunch. Details are good.

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 04:10:37 pm »

you are definitely correct, i don't know what I was thinking. I will release an OP when I have finished the dwarves.

I didn't think the content of the game mattered that much which is why i didn't mention it.

You... You do realize you're posting in the 'Other Games' board, right? We're a curious bunch. Details are good.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 04:35:45 pm »

More details please. What's the name of the game you're modding?

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 07:22:56 pm »

The Creator F0lak: "Hazordhu II is a role-play game set is a medieval fantasy world of my own design.  I'm the original creator and one of the developers for the game.  The game itself features a rich and expansive map which was hand crafted by myself, over a dozen unique animals for livestock, mounts, and intense battles.  The game is presented in a top-down perspective in a sandbox environment with over 400 craftable items.  The game is designed with role-playing in mind, so there are no stat gains through grinding.  The game is multi-player."

More details please. What's the name of the game you're modding?

Mikeche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 07:25:16 pm »

Among dwarves, im looking to also add "grind" features for upgradeable weapons and Armour, along with PvP zones because who doesnt like to strive to be the best right? So my version will be a hybrid to add more content and variety of gameplay.