Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: omgimbd/Dream Flame  (Read 21272 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: omgimbd/Dream Flame
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

Grabs the acorn and eats it! His skin starts to change color, and he starts to grow! The monsters suddenly flee in terror. The dwarf's skin hardens into fine bronze and he grows dozens of feet into the air! The kobold and the robed human start to hack at the tree with axes that appear in their grasps, and soon the tree falls. They both reach at the same time to grab a silver key. All three of the heroes appear, standing outside of the Door of Creativity. The dwarf chuckles at the Fire Lord, who is angry to be shorter the the bronze colossus. The group heads into the Door of Creativity.

Inside, they are like feelings, similar to inside the Door of Essence, but they each have a unique color, shape and sound. They are all forms of imagination, dreams within the swirl.

(Is that good enough for you?)

[ February 13, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008, 06:18:00 pm »

(OOC: yay! Completely what I wasnt expecting, good job. Anyway, my turn it seems.)

[ February 14, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

The group wanders onwards. Something doesnt seem quite right, but they cannot put their finger on it. They split up and wander in different directions, entranced in a dream like state. Again it seemed something was not quite right. The robed figure now by himself in the strange place, is troubled. Had he missed something? He wasnt certain. But, that too troubled him, why was he not certain? He called out to the other two, but there was no reply. This isnt right he cried out! He started to panic, this wasnt right at all, this wasnt the right place, they shouldnt be here. He tried to think, what had happened? There was an axe he remembered, he wasnt sure how he got it though. In the distance he heard the winged figure laughing, mockingly.

That bastard! This was just an illusion! With that the world fades. The robed figure wakes up on a rocky outcrop, his dwarf and kobold companions beside him. The dwarf was back to normal it seemed and... there was something in his hand. He looked at it, it was a tiny oak tree, how could this be- again the world faded.

This time the group awoke back in the barren waste that used to be the large grassy field. The hematite boulder was still. The chessboard was abandoned. The cabin had burned down, along with all the trees and plants. The charred remains of dead animals lay in the distance. The dwarf and kobold stood in silence, staring at the destruction. It would not be like that for long.

The group journeyed for an hour to reach the muddy puddle that used to be a lake. The robed figure traveled down the slope to where the puddle was deepest, and placed the tiny oak in it. At first nothing happens, but then, the oak starts to grow bigger. It grows until it reaches a massive height. With that it emits a shockwave of positive energy. As the shockwave travels across the wasteland, grass covers the ground. Once the field is covered, trees start to grow, many trees, far more than there were before the great destruction. Soon a forest covers the whole field, the old burned cabin is hidden beneath vines and vegetation. On the chessboard various creatures gather to play mock battles while the hematite boulder breaks open, a crimson drake emerging. Scales as tough as iron the drake does not mean any harm, instead it is a force of protection, to guard over the new life that has sprouted from the rubble of the old world.

Finally The Doorway of Creation lights up and a swirlying portal opens beneath it. The Doorway of Destruction appears to glow and pulse with energy, similar to The Doorway of Essense.

(OOC: ok I admit im dictating this story a bit, but still, there are mistakes I am willing to ignore. Though, maybe I should stop? Then maybe more people will rejoin the thread, but what if it dies in the meantime?)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »

(OOC: There can't be mistakes. It's a story. If it doesn't happen the way you want it to, tough.   :p )

Suddenly, there is a rustling in the water. The carp-devil has returned! The drake flies into it, piercing thousands of carp with it's talons of pointyfulness, and knocks it back into the water. It shoots a dozen or so carp at the drake, and they latch on firmly! They begin to tear of bits of scale and fall to the ground, flopping mindlessly. The carp devil touches the water with it's writhing hand and the entire lake shakes with carp-they all jump up and splash everywhere. The drake continues to rip off hunks of fish from the carp devil, and the kobold and dwarf run around, spearing carp with their knives and swords. Suddenly the entire surface turns to stone. The creatures, the water, the plants, everything, is turned to stone, and frozen in place. Tiny spheres of floating grey rock take the place of water droplets, and all the heroes are frozen as statues. A beam of light shines down in the center of the lake, which changes back to a liquid. The lake begins to bubble, and the carp devil unfreezes and falls in. The carp devil explodes into the dark liquid and the carp fly everywhere into the stuff, until all is still with the black lake.

A white blade rises from the water, and a piercing cry echoes through the rock. The winged demon grabs the white blade, and everything unfreezes. The winged demon flies at the dwarf, and with a gasp runs him through with the blade. The dwarf stands there, staring as if he didn't believe what had happened. Then, while everything sat in disbelief, the dwarf shouts and a shock wave erupts from the earth. EVERYTHING is sucked into a hole in the earth, trees, grass, people, the chessboard, the clouds, and eventually light itself. All is dark.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »

(OOC: As long as you dont mistake 'Creation' for 'Creativity', this new plot is good stuff!)

The robed figure still in shock fumbles in his pockets and takes out a box of matches. With shaking hands he strikes one and light explodes into the pitch blackness. It was so dark that a single match glared like the sun, yet still not much was visible. He looked down but couldnt make out what he was standing on. He brought the match close to the surface to discover it was some kind of glass. There didnt seem to be anything beneath it, but still it creeped him out beyond belief.

After a while of silence he moves. The match illuminating nothing, giving only enough light to see a few feet away from him. He wanders through the darkness, hoping to find something, anything. It didnt matter if it wanted to kill him, anything was better than the darkness, the silence, the emptiness...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

Eventually he comes to a glass wall. He can't see much out of it, but he thinks he makes out a chair and a bed, both hundreds of times the size of himself. He takes off his robe, and lights it. It illuminates a lot more, and the face of the dwarf comes up to the fire. He has a hole in him, but somehow he isn't dead. And he's very pale and cold. Freezing. The kobold comes shortly after, and they all chat in wonder. The dwarf goes off to search, and when he returns he says they are all in a huge box or glass, or something. Suddenly a flash of light blinds them all. The light is from outside of the tank. A huge human child is seen from the other side of the glass, bearing a ginormous pitcher...of water. The nozzle is placed over the lid, and with a sploosh an ocean is poured into the tank. All the creatures inside float to the top of the water, and some trees and sticks from the land before. The dwarf is not so good at swimming with a half ton of iron on, and the human and kobold struggle to keep him up. Suddenly more water pours in, along with the terror of dwarfkind, the demons of the water, CARP! AND BIG ONES TO! LIKE BIG AS A CAKE! AND THEY ARE HUNGRY!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

(OOC: oi, no burning my robe...)

The robed figure calls upon the violent power of essense, but the spell fizzles as he sinks under the surface of the water. The universe has gone upside-down! Suddently he feels himself falling. He grabs onto the kobold to stop himself, but the kobold, still holding onto the dwarf cannot keep them both afloat and the three sink into the dark wetness. The three find themselves suspended in some kind of endless body of water, that streches in all directions. It seems they dont need to breathe in this strange ocean either. The robed figure is questioned and replys, "We are behind the water." Could it be any more cryptic?

The kobold and dwarf stare at eachother while the robed human swims around in circles. "You know, im not quite sure how to get us out. No matter, at least its better than the carp."

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 03:18:00 pm »

Sadly I cannot add anything to this plot, while it is interesting.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

I'm confused, I don't know how to add. Dark, continue.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

It appears we have hit a plot wall. Dark has taken it a way which none of us understand.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

(OOC: I shall fix this! Yes! I should stop using plot-thingies that only I understand damnit!)

The winged figure appears in the ocean with the others and screams in their faces, "YOUR PLOT HAS FAILED POORLY ROBED ONE, NOW YOU MUST SUFFER!" With that the winged demon and the robed figure vanish from sight. Soon a swirling vortex appears and the two remaining heroes are dragged into it. Darkness consumes them and they awake face-down in some kind of grassy field. Upon closer inspection the field appears to be a floating rock with a single tree on it. "Arughfu£$%!" moans the dwarf, "'Owe tha hell are we te get dun from ere now?" The kobold suggests that...

(The robed one shall return! You havent seen the last of him!)

(PS: this is the classic 'land of large floating rocks with grass and trees on them' kind of world. Shouldnt be too hard to figure out... right? Aw damnit I fail so badly, hopefully someone can recover this thread. Though im thinking pure randomness = bad. Maybe the current plot aught to be how to get back to the normal world that the thread started at.)

[ February 16, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »

They go chop down the tree for no reason.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2008, 06:36:00 pm »

(OOC: I supose all good things come to an end. The robed figure is being punished even now for his poor judgement skills.)

As the tree is cut down a light being to shine. It grows brighter and brighter, consuming the rock, the dwarf, the kobold. It spreads out, consuming the world, consuming the universe. The light. It burns.

The two awake lying in the grass under a tree, again. They ache all over and their heads are pounding with pain. They can hear the peaceful tune of a lute comming from just outside their vision. They strain themselves to move and turning their heads they look...

The robed figure, sitting on a tree stump playing a tune. His robes are torn and he is badly scarred. On his waist is a belt and a scabard, a sword sheathed. From inside his hood there is a sad gleam. "So you've awoken then." And so he continues to play his peaceful music.

What now?

[ February 16, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

I still have nothing to add to this. I have an idea for a plot but it would require totally ditching everything we have now. I suppose I'll wait and see what happens.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2008, 08:12:00 pm »

So the kobold and dwarf question the man (he burned his robe) about what he means. As the man starts to explain something about gnomes, a little man in green overalls and a green pointy hat appears from behind the tree. He has a bottle that is nearly bigger than him. He hiccups and says,"You made  *hic* him angry, so he taught *hic* you about lessons!" With a twirl it falls over, in a stupor.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8