Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Workshop work stoppage  (Read 1100 times)

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Workshop work stoppage
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:57:56 pm »

I have noticed that my more productive workshops tend to have issue with tasks that will be queued up but not actually happening in the Job Manager list. Tasks aren't suspended, the Workshop Workflow orders are to continue making what ever the shop does, because the supply limits of the item in question are below the start point but nothing event happens. I issue an order to deconstruct the workshop, make a new one and suddenly I have make orders that will start and complete.

Sometimes this is due to things not getting pulled out of the workshop other times it's due to the mystery stoppage.

Anyone understand this issue? I guess it's a reported bug but I'm trying to understand the contingency of why it occurs.

Is it as simple as the workshop get's filled with output workflow stops and it will never restart once filled even if cleaned out?
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop work stoppage
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:13:34 pm »

I've noticed that as well.  Repeat jobs will just suddenly stop being done until you destroy the workshop (controlling via workflow).  Sometimes I can get things removing the queued jobs and adding an unrelated one, then adding the other jobs back.

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:52 am »

Are you sure those aren't cluttered ?
http://tenshedkadol.wordpress.com/

As a Urist McFrenchy, please forgive my english

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 05:05:42 am »

I have this issue whenever I use workflow and it's never been due to a cluttered workshop to date. It just happens, seemly randomly. Canceling the orders and readding them always get it working again, but that can bexome a hassle when you don't realize it's happened until you need what that workshop was supposed to be supplying.

I can't tell if it's the game causing it or workflow, but readding the jobs at least clears up the issue.