Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83384 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #675 on: June 23, 2015, 05:37:59 am »

Y-yeah, all this mission was easier than it sounded from the briefing, Ms. Chief. Bart throws quick glassy glance at the lack of legs, then at the hatch, then at other wounded. N-not that e-easy though.

"The rescue, I mean. I thought there would be waves of mushroom a mile high, screaming mushroom demons charging at us and big mushroom guns shooting us all dead. We got lucky."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 23, 2015, 05:49:35 am »

Aah, r-rescue? It did... Ms. Chief, do you know anything about what's happening at other missions? Bart's speech is feverishly quick.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2015, 05:53:15 am »

"No. Hope they are all right, though. From the look of most of you, Planet is not kind to intruders."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2015, 08:47:12 am »

Zoltan lies dead in the cooler half sticking out with the arm still hanging in his head. Really ruining the mood.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:03 am »

The sound of quiet prayers of thanks can be heard over the squad radio.  They slowly fade into a hummed hymn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:47 am »

I think we all were expecting the rescue mission to be a bit more complicated. Not that I'm complaining, of course. As far as I'm concerned, the farther we are from that unnatural place, the better.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:13:52 pm by AkumaKasai »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2015, 02:37:34 pm »

"Hey, at least we don't have it as bad as poor stumpy here." Gus gestures to Bart's lack of legs with his rifle. "Do wish I got to shoot somethin' though. Shame buying a gun, and not getting to shoot nothin'."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2015, 03:06:59 pm »

Bart laughs about Gus' remark, although his laughter sounds more hysterical than amused.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2015, 04:15:05 pm »

Elias stifles laughter at the statement.

Of course it could've been worse. Although there were casualties during the mission itself, the "rescue", if we even did enough to be considered a rescue, went about as well as anyone could've hoped for.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:13:21 pm by AkumaKasai »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2015, 07:48:21 pm »

"I'm still surprised we didn't get shot at on our way off of the planet."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 24, 2015, 08:06:40 am »

"Behold!  When we keep our faith in the divine, the shielding hands of Algis will be there to protect us from harm!  Surely it is he who saw to our safety!  We sing the praises of the Most Holy Steve!  Amen!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 24, 2015, 07:22:51 pm »

"Behold!  When we keep our faith in the divine, the shielding hands of Algis will be there to protect us from harm!  Surely it is he who saw to our safety!  We sing the praises of the Most Holy Steve!  Amen!"
Algis? I just woke up from stasis today, or possibly yesterday, so I don't know anything about the gods or religion here. Would you mind telling me a bit more about him?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 24, 2015, 08:10:56 pm »

Lars beamed inside his suit.  "Certainly, Brother!  Algis is one of the children of Pathmas, the god of luck and fortune, and the progenitor god of the HMRC Pantheon.  He looks out for his followers, and provides protection for those who are faithful and put their trust in the divine.  Call to Algis, and he will put his shielding hands between you and danger.  You may have noticed on the front of my suit a white circle; that is the holy symbol of Algis, and it is a ward against any harm that would come your way.  Put your faith in him, and you may be spared.

Further, Algis is the father of Emar-i, the head of the Medic's Pantheon.  Him and his fellows are their to support our wonderful medics in ensuring the faithful are quick to be back on their feet.

Verily, Algis is to be praised this day, for we were able to extract from the planet without any incident.  Praise be to the divine, as they help us fulfill our holy quest."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 24, 2015, 09:40:41 pm »

Lars beamed inside his suit.  "Certainly, Brother!  Algis is one of the children of Pathmas, the god of luck and fortune, and the progenitor god of the HMRC Pantheon.  He looks out for his followers, and provides protection for those who are faithful and put their trust in the divine.  Call to Algis, and he will put his shielding hands between you and danger.  You may have noticed on the front of my suit a white circle; that is the holy symbol of Algis, and it is a ward against any harm that would come your way.  Put your faith in him, and you may be spared.

Further, Algis is the father of Emar-i, the head of the Medic's Pantheon.  Him and his fellows are their to support our wonderful medics in ensuring the faithful are quick to be back on their feet.

Verily, Algis is to be praised this day, for we were able to extract from the planet without any incident.  Praise be to the divine, as they help us fulfill our holy quest."
Although he wasn't even vaguely interested in theology, Elias was glad to find someone who seemed interested in conversation.
Interesting. You've mentioned Pathmas, Algis, and Emar-I, what other gods are there?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 25, 2015, 08:24:04 am »

"Well, I'm sure you've heard the divine voice of Steve echo though the hallowed halls of the Sword; if you are truly blessed, you may have seen his avatar.  Beyond Pathmas and Emar-i, the rest of the Major Pantheon is Cog-azaon, Kal-Rath, and Fal.  Cog-azaon is the god of knowledge, who knows the secrets of the universe.  Pray to him if you desire assistance in solving a great mystery or seek broader undestanding.  He is the father of Hal-Mon, god of machines and father of the Engineer's Pantheon.

Kal-Rath is the goddess of strength, valor, and all things related to battle.  Invite her to join in your battles, and she will come to the faithful to revel in the destruction of your enemies. Take care when you call for assistance, for she is hateful of weakness and will spurn you if you beg of her aid when not in a position of strength.  She is the mother of Ahnubi, the god of death, who brought forth the Soldier's Pantheon.

Fal is the god of skill, who has built all things in this word from atoms to the greatest stars.  Those who follow him can seek to improve their own skill by his divine inspiration.  Place his symbol- a gear- on your body to seek his divine connection.  He is not one to respond to prays, though; you must seek him in other ways.

The three minor pantheons each contain many gods as well.  There is a chapel on the Sword that contains a wonderful exhibit of each; you should spend some time there in reflection and contemplation."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51