Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83518 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #540 on: June 05, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »

"Thank you for your help, Lyra."

Via radio: "Chief here. How much badder are things on the ground? Should land soon."

"Roger. Lars nuked the worm, and the shockwave bowled over our jeep. Zoltan Solberg just committed suicide... My legs were trapped under the jeep, but were freed. They might be broken, I'll try to stand in a moment. The nuke set the Haebi groundflesh on fire, but it isn't burning hot enough to do any damage through our suits. The planet-organism doesn't appear to be reacting at the moment, but that could change. No landing zone cleared, but if our jeep is still somehow working, you could land in the crater from the nuke and await us there. If not, you'll have to land here, since there are too many bodies and not enough people left to carry them, at this point."

Hey Snapdragon, Steve says that worm is probably a mobile nerve cluster. Want to try and fetch it or let it rot?

"It's currently raining bits of that worm. Even if the nerve cluster portion of it is still intact, I'm not sure we have the time to grab it before we leave. The extraction plan is quite time-sensitive, is it not? If we do have the time for it, we should at least check, though."

Try to move my legs a little. If they aren't broken, stand up and put Konrad in the driver's seat of the jeep. If he reports that it still somehow works, start piling the bodies back in it, then get in the front passenger seat and direct him to drive northeast. The nuclear crater is our extraction point.

If my legs are broken:

"Lyra, can you burn a patch of the ground down to rock with your microwave amplifier, so it's safe for the shuttle to land?"

Stay seated on the ground. If the Haebi groundflesh hasn't been burnt enough to make this area safe as a landing site for the shuttles and Lyra doesn't want to burn the ground with her amplifier, aim my namite-loaded chem-thrower at a spot without bodies and burn a clear patch for the shuttle to land on. Pop my painkiller pill if the pain from my legs is bad enough to interfere with my chem-thrower action.

Either way, tell the rescue team and Lars and Flint where exactly our extraction point is.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:08:48 pm by swordsmith04 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 05, 2015, 02:08:56 pm »

Lars frowned at the communications coming in.  Hm.

"Commander Hasala, I do not think I will be able to make it to the extraction point.  I will do what I can."

Start crawling/whatever toward the extract.  Keep Raduga at the ready to laser anything besides the groundflesh that assaults me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

"Battlesuits require specialized shuttles to be extracted, so there should be a separate shuttle that can pick you up anyways. If not, you might have to abandon your new battlesuit. We'll try to swing by and grab you if you don't make it in time."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:59 pm »

Via radio: "Suicide. How strange. Hang in there, help is on the way. Steal the brain if there is one. Send someone over right now, maybe? Someone who can get back fast before planet adapts? Any jetpackmen still left? That... Yaroslav man was one, right, but he is likely dead? Cat person is fast and light, maybe?"

She turns to look at Skylar.

"You could hear that report, yes?"

If not, Chief relays it to him in her own words.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:15 pm »

Hey Snapdragon, Steve says that worm is probably a mobile nerve cluster. Want to try and fetch it or let it rot?

"It's currently raining bits of that worm. Even if the nerve cluster portion of it is still intact, I'm not sure we have the time to grab it before we leave. The extraction plan is quite time-sensitive, is it not? If we do have the time for it, we should at least check, though."

I'm just relaying information to you. As I've said, I'm not risking this shuttle if possible. On that note, let's discuss your needs...

According to what's been relayed, you have 3 targets for pickup. I'm coming to the injured camp first, we'll need the most time to load them. If you think the edge of the nuke crater is close enough and safe, I'll go ahead and land there, but I'd like to spend as little time as possible in one place. After that, I'm showing 2 battlesuits, 1 damaged, one fully active. I'm unsure if we can carry both of them safely with just this shuttle, so it may be necessary to abandon the damaged one and pick up it's pilot. The intact on should be able to cling to the bottom if necessary, at least until we meet up with the other shuttles.

((fiddle fiddle)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:00:03 am by Kriellya »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2015, 03:18:35 pm »

I did NOT want to go to the surface. I wanted to do this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so I could stand on the worm and cut it.

Anyway, cut the section of the worm with the brain in it free from the rest of the worm so I can get the brain. Do not cut the brain itself yet.
Continue being careful and being ready to attack proactively or failing that react to protect myself.

EDIT: If the worm/brain is thoroughly and conclusively 110% dead and unrecoverable, then take a small sample of some worm armour/flesh if I can and then go help people to the shuttle, starting with Lars, since I'm probably the only one that can carry his suit.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:54:58 pm by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 05, 2015, 07:41:53 pm »

Via radio: "Chief here. How much badder are things on the ground? Should land soon."

"Roger. Lars nuked the worm, and the shockwave bowled over our jeep. Zoltan Solberg just committed suicide... My legs were trapped under the jeep, but were freed. They might be broken, I'll try to stand in a moment. The nuke set the Haebi groundflesh on fire, but it isn't burning hot enough to do any damage through our suits. The planet-organism doesn't appear to be reacting at the moment, but that could change. No landing zone cleared, but if our jeep is still somehow working, you could land in the crater from the nuke and await us there. If not, you'll have to land here, since there are too many bodies and not enough people left to carry them, at this point."

Try to move my legs a little. If they aren't broken, stand up and put Konrad in the driver's seat of the jeep. If he reports that it still somehow works, start piling the bodies back in it, then get in the front passenger seat and direct him to drive northeast. The nuclear crater is our extraction point.

If my legs are broken:

"Lyra, can you burn a patch of the ground down to rock with your microwave amplifier, so it's safe for the shuttle to land?"

Stay seated on the ground. If the Haebi groundflesh hasn't been burnt enough to make this area safe as a landing site for the shuttles and Lyra doesn't want to burn the ground with her amplifier, aim my namite-loaded chem-thrower at a spot without bodies and burn a clear patch for the shuttle to land on. Pop my painkiller pill if the pain from my legs is bad enough to interfere with my chem-thrower action.

Either way, tell the rescue team and Lars and Flint where exactly our extraction point is.

"Thankyou sir"
help hasala with plan "get konrad in driver seat", then check if the jeep will still turn on if it does check other functions necessary for driving (steering, braking, accelerating & gear changes), once those are checked if the jeep is drivable then carfully drive anywhere we are directed to. Otherwise sit around waiting for a space tow truck
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 05, 2015, 11:57:54 pm »

the area seeming to be clear, I go ahead and use my wristcomp again.
Quote from: Lyra to Hasala
little amp endurance. ground still since worm
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 06, 2015, 03:33:30 am »

Keep watch, be ready to dodge/fight/etc. as needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 06, 2015, 08:38:12 am »

I collect our set of severed heads and make sure they're all clear of the shuttle landing area / in the jeep. then after making sure everyone is there, I go back to  Lars the Legless Battlesuit.
he's going to need help, and will be the last one picked up. I'll wait there with him and make sure he gets back okay.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:58:07 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #550 on: June 08, 2015, 12:11:09 pm »

Breathe in, breathe out. That's a good girl. Now let's see to these video feeds.

Rimma switches the voice channel to private with Skylar.

"This is Rimma. Can you link me to video feeds we are getting with our shuttle? I need to get a visual on the nuclear impact area, epicentre, to be precise."

Hmm? No, sorry, let me focus on flying. You're welcome to watch the screens over my shoulder or get intel from the ground team, but don't touch. There have been... problems. In the past. I don't want to talk about it. He glares briefly in Jack's direction before quickly going back to work.

Time to come in for landing! Avoid actually landing on mushroom. If the nuke has cleared some ground near the team, land on it. Otherwise, try to hover just over the surface. Get ready to move the shuttle away from danger.

Consider if the shuttle can carry 2 battlesuits... ask Steve if not sure

It can carry them, just not very well.

Lars frowned at the communications coming in.  Hm.

"Commander Hasala, I do not think I will be able to make it to the extraction point.  I will do what I can."

Start crawling/whatever toward the extract.  Keep Raduga at the ready to laser anything besides the groundflesh that assaults me.
You start moving as best you can, but you're not going to get there anytime soon. This damage is too great for anything but a crawl, and even then the legs are mostly dead.

"I'll be in cabin in a moment"

She rushes to the cabin and watches on the screens there, looking for Yaroslav.
Hate to burst your bubble but Kri seems to have forgotten that Shuttle cockpits are literally enclosed capsules that you can only get into from outside. Too much time on the Blackship.

If my legs are broken:

One of your legs is definitely broken, but the suit is doing a fairly good job of keeping it together with the pressure it provides. You get someone to help you up and order Konrad into the jeep, which is still smoldering.

If my legs are broken:

"Thankyou sir"
help hasala with plan "get konrad in driver seat", then check if the jeep will still turn on if it does check other functions necessary for driving (steering, braking, accelerating & gear changes), once those are checked if the jeep is drivable then carfully drive anywhere we are directed to. Otherwise sit around waiting for a space tow truck
You get into the driver seat and try the key. The key melted. Hmm. You dig in under the wheel and hotwire the ignition. The Motor chugs piteously for several seconds before belching smoke and coughing back to life one more time. You give them a thumbs up and everyone starts piling in.

I collect our set of severed heads and make sure they're all clear of the shuttle landing area / in the jeep. then after making sure everyone is there, I go back to  Lars the Legless Battlesuit.
he's going to need help, and will be the last one picked up. I'll wait there with him and make sure he gets back okay.
Keep watch, be ready to dodge/fight/etc. as needed.

The jeep, on partially melted and burning wheels, rumbles across the flesh, which is being oddly well behaved. It makes it over to the edge of the crater in the time it takes for the ship to come down.

I did NOT want to go to the surface. I wanted to do this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so I could stand on the worm and cut it.

Anyway, cut the section of the worm with the brain in it free from the rest of the worm so I can get the brain. Do not cut the brain itself yet.
Continue being careful and being ready to attack proactively or failing that react to protect myself.

EDIT: If the worm/brain is thoroughly and conclusively 110% dead and unrecoverable, then take a small sample of some worm armour/flesh if I can and then go help people to the shuttle, starting with Lars, since I'm probably the only one that can carry his suit.

Well, that brain holding part was one of the first sections you saw remember. It was long gone out of the cave by now. And unfortunately directly in lar's line of fire when he shot.

Oh well. You head out to meet the rest of the team.

Somewhere near the horizon, just visible, a line of new suns appears for a few moments and then begin to fade.

The Shuttle comes down without issue and lands safely in the burnt up area around the crater.

"Everybody get your butts in here, I don't want to eat any more radiation then I have to, thanks." Skylar yells over the radio.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 08, 2015, 12:17:31 pm »

TURN ERROR: re-read the end of my action please - I was proceeding on foot to Lars instead of riding the jeep.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 08, 2015, 12:22:27 pm »

Move out and help any people I can, whether they be living or dead, back into the shuttle. Keep my head down whenever possible.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 08, 2015, 12:24:59 pm »

- God fucking dammit! Why couldn't he just tell me that he was fucking isolated! - she grumbles inside her helmet with all communication output temporary disabled while she does that.

Rimma rushes all the way back to the doors and looks before stepping out, sees if something looks suspiciously moving in a nuclear wasteland, looking as well for a six-foot robotic body of Yaroslav. Then, when the team approaches, she helps with loading the crippled into the shuttle ASAP. Helping mission commander to get on shuttle has higher priority than getting everyone else in the help sequence.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:30:18 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #554 on: June 08, 2015, 12:30:29 pm »

Damn.
Oh well. I tried my best.

Go help Lars to the shuttle.

If there's a problem with us both holding on to the shuttle at the same time, tell Lars to lock his battlesuit's arms around my legs and get into the shuttle.
Then tie Lars' suit's arms to Gilgamesh's legs with my rope. It was strong enough to lift a mining exosuit out of a hole, it will hopefully be strong enough to help hold the two suits together if we need to start dodging.

One of my main rocket pods is damaged and inoperable. See if I could use the rest and/or my manoeuvring rockets to help give the shuttle a boost or if I somehow become detached from the shuttle and need to catch up to it. While coordinating with the pilot (Kriellya's char), of course.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:32:12 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51