Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83509 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #525 on: June 04, 2015, 11:28:17 pm »

Get up off the floor and using the PAWN tripod to lean on move back toward the jeep and wait for extraction if the floor gets uppity yell and stab (the floor that is).
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 04, 2015, 11:50:23 pm »

I shake my head back and forth.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
I glance up in the direction of the worm and then quickly back down at my wristpad, deciding if it's worth taking the time to type out a long message with my paws, considering my slow typing speed.
I can't stay preoccupied for that long, this planet hasn't attacked us for a short while, we're going to be under some kind of assault soon and I need to be ready.
I shake my head side to side more vigoriously for a moment, then move to spread out a little, and clear my lines of sight. watching for the planet's next attack and to learn what happened to the worm.
Sorry, but I can't explain right now. He'll just have to figure it out on his own.

edit: Use my mass-manip amp instead of Hasala's to lift the jeep off of him and toss it in the general direction of the worm - not enough to reach it, just enough to not risk it falling on a teammate.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:46:29 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #527 on: June 05, 2015, 07:43:29 am »

Start melting a strip of the ceiling. The strip should be going the same way the worm is going and preferably be at a place where I can comfortably stand on the worm. The molten slag will fall down and be carried away or to the sides of the tunnel by the worm, so it's not a concern.

Try to make a small hole in the rock I could stand on at the end of the strip, if possible. That should give me a place to jump to if I fail to punch through the worm.

If we assume I began doing that the moment this misunderstanding started, then I could be finishing by now.

Then all I need to do is jump on the worm and use rapid fire blasts of green mode and mining laser to dissolve its armour. And then mining laser and red mode to cut apart and vaporise whatever flesh is inside it and jump inside it. Or really, if green mode's space magic isn't enough to dissolve its armour, use anything I have. Red mode, kinamp punches, overdrive kinamp-punches, overdrive tearing apart armour plates, whatever.

If I somehow end up cutting the worm in two or if it cuts itself in two due to stress or the weakening of its structure, then I want to grab/stand on the piece that continues moving.

This thing up there.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:39 am »

Rimma sat in her place in the shuttle, staring into the floor. Staring. Enjoying the regained sense of vision. Each tiny speck and dent on the floor of the shuttle was visible, a whole world of incredible and subtle details, all at once, not just a few she could sense with touch. It was overwhelming when she just got new eyes in the infirmary, and it is still overwhelming. Mesmerizing. Spectacular. Amazing. Beautiful. Bloody useful, that's for sure. Then another, darker thought crosses her mind, unpleasant thought. She opens voice channel with team below.

"T-Team Snapdragon, it's a newcomer from the above speaking. My name is Rimma, Rimma Vetrova. On the list I have here it says down with you was a man named Yaroslav Vetrov. What's his status? If you're alive, please reply."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:12:25 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2015, 11:27:25 am »

Oh god... Hasala waits a few seconds, just in case, then replies. "He... attacked the giant worm alone, and then suddenly stopped firing, as far as we could tell. Then his last known position was hit point-blank by a nuclear round... I'm sorry."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:51 am »

is he at least willing to let me use my amp instead of his? He's still new, and I'm pretty good with them by now...
I look over at Hasala and make eye contact with him, my head steady. once he makes eye contact back I tap the side of my head with my right forepaw two times and then set it down again and tilt my head to my right 45 degrees.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:47 am »

Oh god... Hasala waits a few seconds, just in case, then replies. "He... attacked the giant worm alone, and then suddenly stopped firing, as far as we could tell. Then his last known position was hit point-blank by a nuclear round... I'm sorry."

That can be. This right here cannot be happening. There must be something. Just something.
Rimma scrolls nervously through all the lists of issued gear for mission Snapdragon. After a pause she bursts with speech into the voice channel, like she never heard Hasala's last two words:

"It says here he had a heavy armored full-body prosthesis. He could have taken cover somewhere, maybe it's just that his communications were damaged. I, I'll try check with our shuttle visuals once we're closer. I think I got his position right from what you said. Tell me if you see him. Rimma out."

Check the nuclear explosion centre with shuttle's videofeed if available. See what happened to the worm and Yaroslav.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:02:33 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2015, 11:40:59 am »

is he at least willing to let me use my amp instead of his? He's still new, and I'm pretty good with them by now...
I look over at Hasala and make eye contact with him, my head steady. once he makes eye contact back I tap the side of my head with my right forepaw two times and then set it down again and tilt my head to my right 45 degrees.

"You want to use your amplifier? Please, do."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2015, 11:46:46 am »

Action Edited

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2015, 01:08:02 pm »

RESCUE TEAM

Hello? You still there? Anyone? Someone please tell me what the hell's going on, the extraction team won't be able to help much if we're going in unprepared

Tell teammates what Spazyak told me, and any additional information people reply to me with
Done and done. Though his last transmission is probably something akin to "I'VE GOT AN AMAZING IDEA!" followed by a lot of really terrible squishing noises. You're arriving at the end of the next turn, so you might want to specify how you want to do that.

Rescue Team.

"Are you all ready for when we land?" Jack asks the others in the rescue shuttle.

Check weapons are ready after asking question.
Your weapons continue to be weapons. They sure are.

Rescue Team.

"Are you all ready for when we land?" Jack asks the others in the rescue shuttle.

Check weapons are ready after asking question.
I'm pretty much ready, but I'd be more ready if I knew what was down on the surface. Do you know anything about it? Snapdragon team's not telling me much.

While talking, double-check all gear. Kinetic amp should be on his right hand, cleaver in his left. He should be wearing his MCP-I. Microwave amp should be implanted somewhere in his brain. If any of these are not true, make them true.
You can't really do that while flying, but assume your gear is ready.

(( So... we land on 1, or on 0? XD Edit: Okay, land at the end of 1, got it. ))

I hope you know I'm not flying into a nuclear firestorm.

Hmm... Steve, anything useful from Joker's data? Like if that worm is a target or just a weapon? Or how I can make the shuttle a little less of a target to the Haebi?

Continue flying, chat at Steve

Re-posting this, and checking the timer

>This is several hundred years worth of continuous scanning data. It will take even me a while to parse it into usable info. I would say, however, that the worm was probably a mobile form of the Nerve cluster, probably attempting to avoid being attacked.

GROUND TEAM

GOd fecking damn it! my arm. I think I'll just hold onto this for the people
get up and set arm before looting from the perma dead and temporary dead. when done looting go over and get into the exit vehicle
Well lets see what your medical skill is like. Ah well thats a -2. Lets hope you roll a...nope. Thats not a 5. In fact, thats on the other end of the spectrum. Oh dear.

You grab your broken arm and proceed to tear it straight the fuck off your body and then jam the broken bone stump straight into your good eye. Then you repeatedly a bang your head against the ground until you manage to jam that bone straight up into your brain.

You are Astoundingly dead.

"Agh. Dammit. Okay, on the count of three, I'm going to try to lift this thing with my amplifier. I want you two" - Hasala points at the two remaining uninjured team members - "to drag me out from under it. Ready?"

Use my mass manipulation amplifier to lift the jeep off my legs enough for teammates to drag me out from under it.

Lyra is doing the amping, so just wait for my teammates to get me out. Try not to move my legs.
You twiddle your thumbs and hope the amping doesn't result in further maiming. It often does.

Pull out the Raduga and be prepared to shoot anything that tries to attack a teammate.
Gonna shoot it from where you are, all that distance from the team eh?

Get up off the floor and using the PAWN tripod to lean on move back toward the jeep and wait for extraction if the floor gets uppity yell and stab (the floor that is).
The ground is behaving for the moment, so you just sit down near the jeep and wait. It's still raining bits of flesh and stone.

I shake my head back and forth.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
I glance up in the direction of the worm and then quickly back down at my wristpad, deciding if it's worth taking the time to type out a long message with my paws, considering my slow typing speed.
I can't stay preoccupied for that long, this planet hasn't attacked us for a short while, we're going to be under some kind of assault soon and I need to be ready.
I shake my head side to side more vigoriously for a moment, then move to spread out a little, and clear my lines of sight. watching for the planet's next attack and to learn what happened to the worm.
Sorry, but I can't explain right now. He'll just have to figure it out on his own.

edit: Use my mass-manip amp instead of Hasala's to lift the jeep off of him and toss it in the general direction of the worm - not enough to reach it, just enough to not risk it falling on a teammate.
You manage to roll the jeep off of Hasala and get him free.

Start melting a strip of the ceiling. The strip should be going the same way the worm is going and preferably be at a place where I can comfortably stand on the worm. The molten slag will fall down and be carried away or to the sides of the tunnel by the worm, so it's not a concern.

Try to make a small hole in the rock I could stand on at the end of the strip, if possible. That should give me a place to jump to if I fail to punch through the worm.

If we assume I began doing that the moment this misunderstanding started, then I could be finishing by now.

Then all I need to do is jump on the worm and use rapid fire blasts of green mode and mining laser to dissolve its armour. And then mining laser and red mode to cut apart and vaporise whatever flesh is inside it and jump inside it. Or really, if green mode's space magic isn't enough to dissolve its armour, use anything I have. Red mode, kinamp punches, overdrive kinamp-punches, overdrive tearing apart armour plates, whatever.

If I somehow end up cutting the worm in two or if it cuts itself in two due to stress or the weakening of its structure, then I want to grab/stand on the piece that continues moving.

This thing up there.
Well, the explosion collapsed the cave so it's less cutting and more digging your way out, but you make it to the surface. You pop up right next to a crater and an enormous mushroom shaped cloud rising into the sky. Darn, they used the party favors without you.

That can be. This right here cannot be happening. There must be something. Just something.
Rimma scrolls nervously through all the lists of issued gear for mission Snapdragon. After a pause she bursts with speech into the voice channel, like she never heard Hasala's last two words:

"It says here he had a heavy armored full-body prosthesis. He could have taken cover somewhere, maybe it's just that his communications were damaged. I, I'll try check with our shuttle visuals once we're closer. I think I got his position right from what you said. Tell me if you see him. Rimma out."

Check the nuclear explosion centre with shuttle's videofeed if available. See what happened to the worm and Yaroslav.
No feed from there unless someone routes it to you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2015, 01:18:30 pm »

Breathe in, breathe out. That's a good girl. Now let's see to these video feeds.

Rimma switches the voice channel to private with Skylar.

"This is Rimma. Can you link me to video feeds we are getting with our shuttle? I need to get a visual on the nuclear impact area, epicentre, to be precise."
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2015, 01:25:52 pm »

Via radio: "Chief here. How much badder are things on the ground? Should land soon."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2015, 01:32:49 pm »

(((Duh fuck I just wanted to straighten my arm out and then loot!)))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »

Breathe in, breathe out. That's a good girl. Now let's see to these video feeds.

Rimma switches the voice channel to private with Skylar.

"This is Rimma. Can you link me to video feeds we are getting with our shuttle? I need to get a visual on the nuclear impact area, epicentre, to be precise."

Hmm? No, sorry, let me focus on flying. You're welcome to watch the screens over my shoulder or get intel from the ground team, but don't touch. There have been... problems. In the past. I don't want to talk about it. He glares briefly in Jack's direction before quickly going back to work.

Hey Snapdragon, Steve says that worm is probably a mobile nerve cluster. Want to try and fetch it or let it rot?

Time to come in for landing! Avoid actually landing on mushroom. If the nuke has cleared some ground near the team, land on it. Otherwise, try to hover just over the surface. Get ready to move the shuttle away from danger.

Consider if the shuttle can carry 2 battlesuits... ask Steve if not sure
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:30:40 pm by Kriellya »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 05, 2015, 01:48:19 pm »

"I'll be in cabin in a moment"

She rushes to the cabin and watches on the screens there, looking for Yaroslav.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51