Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83584 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #495 on: June 02, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »

The jeep was headed southeast last turn, actually. So we should be in a small valley, now, if that affects what's about to happen.

"Nuclear - I thought you had non-nuclear rounds...?"

Prepare to attempt to shield the jeep from the blast with my amplifiers. Toss the microwave field manipulator I picked up from Irling's corpse into the back, so someone ((like one of our two people with +2 Uncon)) can try to use it to help, as well. Mumble angrily if ((anyone with less Unconventional skill than that)) tries to take it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2015, 04:44:14 pm »

((Also we were heading southeast last turn not west))
"LARS DISABLE THE NUCLEAR TRIGGER IF YOU CAN!"
Head between legs arms over head, seatbelt on.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:44:28 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2015, 05:55:33 pm »

((Ah, OK, thank you, I think I get it now. Sorry, I'll try to understand better in the future.

Anyway, in that case it's easy to modify my plan so it can work.))

Start melting a strip of the ceiling. The strip should be going the same way the worm is going and preferably be at a place where I can comfortably stand on the worm. The molten slag will fall down and be carried away or to the sides of the tunnel by the worm, so it's not a concern.

Try to make a small hole in the rock I could stand on at the end of the strip, if possible. That should give me a place to jump to if I fail to punch through the worm.

If we assume I began doing that the moment this misunderstanding started, then I could be finishing by now.

Then all I need to do is jump on the worm and use rapid fire blasts of green mode and mining laser to dissolve its armour. And then mining laser and red mode to cut apart and vaporise whatever flesh is inside it and jump inside it. Or really, if green mode's space magic isn't enough to dissolve its armour, use anything I have. Red mode, kinamp punches, overdrive kinamp-punches, overdrive tearing apart armour plates, whatever.

If I somehow end up cutting the worm in two or if it cuts itself in two due to stress or the weakening of its structure, then I want to grab/stand on the piece that continues moving.

((I considered an even crazier plan that involved constructing a laser powered sled out of metal poles and artefact containers, but I think that would be pushing my already strained luck and time too far.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:57:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 02, 2015, 10:32:38 pm »

Also, if we're listing weapons, I have a microwave psychokinetic amplifier. I'm not exactly an expert on using it, but it might be useful.
I have a laser rifle with a bayonet on it and a microwave oven turned into a microwave blunderbuss....I guess we could make popcorn if we wish
except for the one underground, covered in gunk and unable to move, and the one running from the worm; we are all in the jeep. I am pretty sure that those who can walk should easily be able to drag the rest from the jeep to what ever form of escape we have. Also what happened to the team captain?

No offense, but I doubt a repurposed rad-oven is going to be all that useful. Anyhow, what's it like down there? I'd appreciate a rough headcount, if possible. It might also help if you piled up the dead, so they're easier to get aboard the shuttle quickly. If you can see the worm from your position, it wouldn't hurt if you could give us a quick description
two perma dead, three are uninjured, I think, one is underground, another unable to move. The rest of us are wounded. I can fight on if needed. It's just a missing eye.
Okay, let me rephrase my question: how many of you can get to the shuttle on your own, and how many will need to be carried in? Also, what threats are down there, excluding the worm, and what's this worm like? Basically, what will prevent us from cramming everyone in the shuttle and taking off?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 02, 2015, 10:42:29 pm »

amp-shield us from the incoming nuclear blast.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 03, 2015, 11:39:16 am »

don't die

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #501 on: June 03, 2015, 11:54:08 am »

rock the jeep back and forth to try and de wedge us, if that works then drive down into the valley as fast as the incline will allow so as to avoid rolling/crashing, also only drive on convex or flat if no convex sections of skin as they are least likely to have potholes. If the rocking fails then put head between legs, arms over head and hope that seatbelts are as good as they claim.
uhhh. We can retcon that if you want but you realize that I've been having you drive AWAY from the worm right? And that the worm, and the impending nuclear explosion are over toward the EAST right? Wait, I scrolled back and saw the conversation. There's no valley to the south east. Also, who the hell fucked up these images so badly. Is this a map for ants? What happened to the original?

I think you guys might want to reconsider your actions before I roll for this explosion.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 03, 2015, 12:06:52 pm »

I called it a valley because that tile is between two higher tiles. Maybe canyon would be a better word. But if you say it offers less protection than just having gone west, then lets say we did go west.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:10 pm »

We can retcon that if you want but you realize that I've been having you drive AWAY from the worm right? And that the worm, and the impending nuclear explosion are over toward the EAST right?
((Maybe this is all part of an elaborate scheme to shake down his teammates for tokens under the threat of fiery nuclear death? :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 03, 2015, 11:58:03 pm »

We can retcon that if you want but you realize that I've been having you drive AWAY from the worm right? And that the worm, and the impending nuclear explosion are over toward the EAST right?
((Maybe this is all part of an elaborate scheme to shake down his teammates for tokens under the threat of fiery nuclear death? :P))
(((If so can I be a part of it, more for me and him then again I have looted pretty much all of the fallen)))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 04, 2015, 02:42:34 am »

rock the jeep back and forth to try and de wedge us, if that works then drive down into the valley as fast as the incline will allow so as to avoid rolling/crashing, also only drive on convex or flat if no convex sections of skin as they are least likely to have potholes. If the rocking fails then put head between legs, arms over head and hope that seatbelts are as good as they claim.
uhhh. We can retcon that if you want but you realize that I've been having you drive AWAY from the worm right? And that the worm, and the impending nuclear explosion are over toward the EAST right? Wait, I scrolled back and saw the conversation. There's no valley to the south east. Also, who the hell fucked up these images so badly. Is this a map for ants? What happened to the original?

I think you guys might want to reconsider your actions before I roll for this explosion.
((Okay then away is good))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 04, 2015, 11:19:23 am »

Hey I thibnk the worm is going after the other team or something. perhaps we should try to hurt it a bit to help them.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #507 on: June 04, 2015, 11:38:05 am »

The nuclear round is relatively small. Small enough, at least, that the team isn't inside the fireball. Their suits and visor protect them from the heat of the flash, though the jeep's paint catches fire and the windshield, somehow still intact through all this, shatters as it expands in its frame. For a moment everything keeps rolling along, both it and the ground burning, but otherwise unchanged. Then the shockwave hits and the jeep flips, rolling at an angle and hurling it's occupants out onto the burning flesh. They're lucky though; protected from the flash and heat, and on a mostly empty plain where there's nothing to be torn free and slice through the air as shrapnel. No one sustains any real injuries, beyond beyond Zoltan who breaks his arm, and Hasla, who ends up with his legs trapped beneath the turned over jeep.

Lars is protected by his suit, and though bowled over, remains unhurt. 

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 04, 2015, 11:45:25 am »

GOd fecking damn it! my arm. I think I'll just hold onto this for the people
get up and set arm before looting from the perma dead and temporary dead. when done looting go over and get into the exit vehicle
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:57:26 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 04, 2015, 11:49:55 am »

"Amen."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51