Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83579 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #450 on: May 30, 2015, 09:54:34 am »

Y. Vetrov

- Fuck my life. I'm going to distract it, get your biggest guns, people, and make it right.

Get a good visual on the worm. Is it armored? How thick it is, as in, what is its diameter? Then, create a diversion by flying around the worm and spraying namite on it. If it tries to reach me and eat me, open a new canister of namite and throw it down its throat so it'll detonate of some shot later. Also slash and stab it with sword and/or dagger, if that will be of any help.
DAKA dakka dakka dakka on the worm
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #451 on: May 30, 2015, 10:22:18 am »

"If you can't help, then make your way to the shuttle and get ready to leave. I'll try to get the brain our at least keep it distracted as long as I can. Once the shuttles are there, get everyone on them and leave. Lars, if I'm not there by then, I'm going to need you to leave me your nuke."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 30, 2015, 01:23:33 pm »

Keep Running! If the worm-thing seems to be looking at me then DODGE / put something between it and me. and if it starts moving towards me then resume running.
reposting
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 30, 2015, 01:27:05 pm »

Ask for Iron Man dude to take me with him for sword-hitting purposes. Should he not accept, stay with the jeep team and standby.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 30, 2015, 02:25:11 pm »

Ask for Iron Man dude to take me with him for sword-hitting purposes.

- I want to maintain distance between this thing and you, not shorten it. If you are into improbable things, try one-shoting it. Repeatedly. Until it's dead.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 30, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »

Quote from: @steve
Steve, I am driving away from the hostile worm with wounded, can you get the shuttle to land ahead of us when it gets here as right now I am driving several wounded away from the fighting and don't want to be anywhere near them
"If any of you back there are good with a rifle I need you to act as fire support in case of enemy combatants, that is armed with highly HIGHLY toxic/flammable rounds do NOT fire within ~7m  of us unless in desparation"
Start driving away from the worm at maximum safe speed that won't cause us to crash, if possible retrace previous route (as long as that doesn't bring us close to the worm). Begin transmitting position to steve if necessary and send message to him.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2015, 08:21:41 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
A lot of this section of the body is covered in torn nerve endings, rather then them all converging on a single section of the body.
Your description was a bit ambiguous. Do you mean that, while all of the nerves converge on a single area of the worm, they do not converge on a single point?

How fat is the worm compared to me? I mean, could I theoretically fit inside it? If yes, how many times approximately?
Is it armoured in any special way?

I'm going to assume I'm on the worm, since it takes up almost all of the cave. If that's the case, then start running towards the front of the worm as fast as possible. If it looks like the tunnel is going to stop being large enough to fit me soon, then try to dig myself into the worm if I'm not close to the point the nerves converge.

If I'm not on the worm, the try to match its speed and get on it if possible. Maybe stab it with one of my metal poles to make holding on to it easier or create handholds.

If any of my above assumptions are wrong... well, then just do what seems most sensible.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:04:25 am by Parisbre56 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 01, 2015, 08:36:00 am »

A lot of this section of the body is covered in torn nerve endings, rather then them all converging on a single section of the body.
Your description was a bit ambiguous. Do you mean that, while all of the nerves converge on a single area of the worm, they do not converge on a single point?

How fat is the worm compared to me? I mean, could I theoretically fit inside it? If yes, how many times approximately? I'm trying to see

I'm going to assume I'm on the worm, since it takes up all of the cave. If that's the case, then start running towards the front of the worm as fast as possible. If it looks like the tunnel is going to stop being large enough to fit me soon, then try to dig myself into the worm if I'm not close to the point the nerves converge.

If I'm not on the worm, the try to match its speed and get on it if possible. Maybe stab it with one of my metal poles to make holding on to it easier or create handholds.

If any of my above assumptions are wrong... well, then just do what seems most sensible.

could I, if swallowed, cut my way out safely with my knife and bone spear on my sword?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 01, 2015, 08:59:41 am »

"O Ingram, I come to you in our time of need..."

Check self.  Can I still anchor with damaged legs?  In any case, ready the PEW in Compressed Shot mode.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #459 on: June 01, 2015, 10:23:02 am »

RESCUE TEAM
Much like the other rescue team, you're now coming in towards the planet and there's a question of whether or not you think a player should drive the shuttle or if you should leave it up to the standard rolls.

Oh and steve tells you about the worm and warns you to try not to fly directly into its mouth.

GROUND TEAM

Y. Vetrov

- Fuck my life. I'm going to distract it, get your biggest guns, people, and make it right.

Get a good visual on the worm. Is it armored? How thick it is, as in, what is its diameter? Then, create a diversion by flying around the worm and spraying namite on it. If it tries to reach me and eat me, open a new canister of namite and throw it down its throat so it'll detonate of some shot later. Also slash and stab it with sword and/or dagger, if that will be of any help.
The worm is...Alright. Have you ever seen a bobbit worm? They look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now cross that with a lampry mouth:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And you have a pretty good idea what it looks like. Hard to tell exactly how big it is, but it appears to have a diameter of at least 6 or 7 meters; which makes it rather thin considering how long it seems to be.

So you're gonna abandon trying to grab lyra and go fly and attack the worm? Ok.

You fly over toward the worm and spray namite at it. The flaming liquid coats a section of the worm, but it seems fairly unaffected. As you fly near it, one of the many stumpy legs it has suddenly unfurls into a distressingly long limb that stabs itself straight towards you. You attempt to dodge, but your skill with quick and agile movement is...laughable at best. In fact, you do the exact opposite. You not only fail to dodge, you actually propel yourself straight onto the thing's extending claw. You manage to impale yourself straight through the chest cavity and straight through the brain.

You are dead.

(That was a 1 on dex, which is at -1, and a 1 on endurance. That was some spectacularly bad luck)

Y. Vetrov

DAKA dakka dakka dakka on the worm
You fire at the distant critter. Your depth perception isn't the best anymore so you're not entirely sure if you're hitting it. There is a lot of flame out there though, so thats probably a good sign.

Keep Running! If the worm-thing seems to be looking at me then DODGE / put something between it and me. and if it starts moving towards me then resume running.
reposting
You got a good roll so we're gonna assume you've made it to the jeep and jumped on.

Ask for Iron Man dude to take me with him for sword-hitting purposes. Should he not accept, stay with the jeep team and standby.
Probably a good thing that he had more sense then you eh?

"O Ingram, I come to you in our time of need..."

Check self.  Can I still anchor with damaged legs?  In any case, ready the PEW in Compressed Shot mode.
On your hands and knees you probably shouldn't need to anchor, or rather, you can get the same effect by just bracing yourself.

You ready the PEW

Quote from: @steve
Steve, I am driving away from the hostile worm with wounded, can you get the shuttle to land ahead of us when it gets here as right now I am driving several wounded away from the fighting and don't want to be anywhere near them
"If any of you back there are good with a rifle I need you to act as fire support in case of enemy combatants, that is armed with highly HIGHLY toxic/flammable rounds do NOT fire within ~7m  of us unless in desparation"
Start driving away from the worm at maximum safe speed that won't cause us to crash, if possible retrace previous route (as long as that doesn't bring us close to the worm). Begin transmitting position to steve if necessary and send message to him.
You turn the jeep around and floor it, driving off in the opposite direction of the worm, straight west for 2 squares. You let steve know what your doing through copious amounts of swearing.

How fat is the worm compared to me? I mean, could I theoretically fit inside it? If yes, how many times approximately? I'm trying to see

I'm going to assume I'm on the worm, since it takes up all of the cave. If that's the case, then start running towards the front of the worm as fast as possible. If it looks like the tunnel is going to stop being large enough to fit me soon, then try to dig myself into the worm if I'm not close to the point the nerves converge.

could I, if swallowed, cut my way out safely with my knife and bone spear on my sword?
I....wouldn't recommend such actions.

There are a lot of teeth in there.

How fat is the worm compared to me? I mean, could I theoretically fit inside it? If yes, how many times approximately?
Is it armoured in any special way?

I'm going to assume I'm on the worm, since it takes up almost all of the cave. If that's the case, then start running towards the front of the worm as fast as possible. If it looks like the tunnel is going to stop being large enough to fit me soon, then try to dig myself into the worm if I'm not close to the point the nerves converge.

As in they don't all come down into one single point on the worm, rather they appear to come down into a large section of the worm. Like, a length of 40 meters of the creature as varying amounts of nerve fibers leading into it, rather then all the nerve fibers coming together into one big cord and then entering the worm.

You could theoretically fit inside it...maybe. It's quite thick but you're not really sure how big the insidey bits are. It appears to be covered in some kind of carapace, but you don't know its properties.

Uh, I didn't assume you're on the worm because, well, the cave straight up isn't large enough for you to just nicely drop down onto the worm's back and ride it out like a subway train. This thing is more burrowing through stone and the cave rather then just following the cave out.

The most sensible thing it seems that you could do right now, if you want to engage the critter, is to burrow straight back up through the rock and engage it on the surface. Or, alternatively, shoot it from your current vantage point.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2015, 10:58:11 am »

Via radio to ground team: "Team Snap-dragon, report if you can. How many dead so far? What are you doing? We are hearing news of... worms."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:01 am »

((Note to self: do not dump Dexterity for sake of +2 Endurance. Well, stuff breaks, people die. That was kinda fun. Tell Saint his HRB worked marvellous though.))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:10:21 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2015, 11:16:22 am »

Via radio to ground team: "Team Snap-dragon, report if you can. How many dead so far? What are you doing? We are hearing news of... worms."

"Hasala Nabin, commander of Snapdragon, here. We've got three dead, two permanently; three others crippled but alive. Lars, Flint, and Yaroslav Vetrov are all separated from the rest of the team. Lars' battlesuit is damaged and almost immobile, Yaroslav was engaging the giant worm, though he appears to have stopped firing... Flint is underground, somewhere. The rest of the team is in the remaining jeep and headed west, away from the worm.

There's only one worm, as far as we can tell, though given its size, length, and the Haebi's ability to adapt, it's likely immune to most weapons, at this point, and capable of killing anything with less armour than a battlesuit instantly. Advise not engaging unless you brought more heavy weapons."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 01, 2015, 11:18:46 am »

"Commander Hasala, it appears I am still able to fire my cannon, even while damaged.  I have one coldplate left for the PEW, which is ready.  I am awaiting your orders."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2015, 11:25:49 am »

"Fire your Gauss cannon at it. There's no holding back against this thing."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51