Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83713 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2015, 04:21:27 pm »

((I highly doubt the pimp bracelet will let you go as fast as Yaroslav's HRB. Not to mention the HRB's flight doesn't normally require a roll, while using that pimp bracelet at all, does.))

Make sure all the corpses, half-corpses, and severed body parts of non-permadead characters are in the jeep. Then keep an eye out for any more danger.

Has my Sharksuit regenerated the chest hole fully?

EDIT:
Carefully drive the jeep wherever I am directed to or otherwise head back towards the original drop point or somewhere able to be considered "safe". If not driving control pawn, if attacked shoot the thing, if thing not dead shoot it more.

Eh. Let's go 1 tile NW, for now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:11:42 am by swordsmith04 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 22, 2015, 01:20:49 am »

"Welcome everyone to the express jeep ride to fuckthatville please keep arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times ready to operate all of the dangerous weapons that you have"

Carefully drive the jeep wherever I am directed to or otherwise head back towards the original drop point or somewhere able to be considered "safe". If not driving control pawn, if attacked shoot the thing, if thing not dead shoot it more.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 22, 2015, 02:52:23 am »

((You should probably give the wheel to someone with full set of limbs. Just sayin'.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 22, 2015, 06:29:57 am »

((You should probably give the wheel to someone with full set of limbs. Just sayin'.))
Il drive
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2015, 09:06:40 am »

Il drive

((Nope. You have -2 Aux. If that jeep is going anywhere, it's with Konrad in the driver's seat.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:19 am »

((Got a tow line for Lars?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2015, 09:20:47 am »

((Got a tow line for Lars?))
((You have a big honking cannon. Use that for propulsion.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2015, 09:27:37 am »

Il drive

((Nope. You have -2 Aux. If that jeep is going anywhere, it's with Konrad in the driver's seat.))
(((And I have had a -2 to medic but look what I've done so far)))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2015, 10:01:41 am »

((Hack two people's arms off unnecessarily? Still don't trust you in the driver's seat.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2015, 01:12:37 pm »

omgwtfRUN! RUNRUNRUNRUNRUN!

I do not take the time to type out a wristpad message, but instead yowl, loudly, into the mic a couple times as i run for my life from the trap/supersnake.
You spin on your little kitty heels and run off parallel to the "cave" mouth before running back towards the team. You try to ignore all the noise and rumbling behind you.

get her and then protect the wounded and the digger, ulrich, nooooooooooooooo! ((long dramatic no)))!
drag any wounded not in the jeep to be jeep and protect the wounded, drag lurid (ashimo's) back to the jeep
Yeah yeah yeah, back to the jeep they all go. Bigger problems coming.

"Whatever it is, it sounds unpleasant."

Ready monomachte.
You hold your monomachete in front of you and wave it around. Seems pretty ready.

Y. Vetrov

- Get to the jeep and grab some ropes people, as Zoltan says. I'll meet you at Lyra's position.

Rocket off to the skies and get to Lyra ASAP. Assist her in getting on the NOPE express from Teethyhole to Fuckthatville, if she needs any assistance, that is.
You make it down to the same square as Lyra and land next to her. You don't quite have enough time to do anything else though.

Oh, great. I think I've seen this movie. There was a giant spaceworm in that asteroid's cave.

The thing could be preparing to drop the ceiling or start thrashing about, moving north. And being down there while it does so would be bad.
Well, I can stay here, keep things hot. I can even run away, in case whatever happens causes the cave to collapse and trap me.
But come on. Was running away ever really an option? I can't run away. I can't stop until I finish this and the others are safe or I am dead. And when has the danger of death stopped me before?
So the only choice I have is to go in.

Get in the cave. Now! Laser the floor, punch the floor, kinamp punch the floor, whatever, I don't care, whatever is quicker. Then move towards the brain as quickly as possible.

Be ready to act. Maybe stab a metal pole on the ground to hold on to it if the thing starts moving or kinamp punch the the sky if it starts collapsing on me or melt it with red beam if it would be easier. Generally try to react to whatever happens in the best way possible.

If I see the brain and I think I can make the shot, then cut that sucker free of all the nerves connected to it.
Maybe say an appropriate one liner.

Let's let the lava in. The clowns are awake and waiting.
You Smash your way into the camber. The cave itself is quite large but is almost entirely taken up by the worm inside it. And here's the odd thing: There's no brain in here, at least none that is easily visible. Instead, the nerves all converge on the worm itself, growing into its flesh. Or at least they used to be growing into its flesh, now they're all tearing away as it starts to rumble forward like an angry subway train. As it pulls away you see that a lot of this section of the body is covered in torn nerve endings, rather then them all converging on a single section of the body.

((I highly doubt the pimp bracelet will let you go as fast as Yaroslav's HRB. Not to mention the HRB's flight doesn't normally require a roll, while using that pimp bracelet at all, does.))

Make sure all the corpses, half-corpses, and severed body parts of non-permadead characters are in the jeep. Then keep an eye out for any more danger.

Has my Sharksuit regenerated the chest hole fully?

EDIT:

Eh. Let's go 1 tile NW, for now.
Everyone is piled in like firewood, your chest has regen'd and you drive one square northwest as the earthquakes get more intense.

"Welcome everyone to the express jeep ride to fuckthatville please keep arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times ready to operate all of the dangerous weapons that you have"

I dunno who is driving so we'll just say you are. Maybe.

Off to the north, where Lyra was a few moments ago, what looks like a giant earthworm raises itself a good 15-20 meters into the air and starts looking around.

Uh huh.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2015, 01:23:27 pm »

I need some extra data before acting and informing my teammates about what's going on:
A lot of this section of the body is covered in torn nerve endings, rather then them all converging on a single section of the body.
Your description was a bit ambiguous. Do you mean that, while all of the nerves converge on a single area of the worm, they do not converge on a single point? Or do you mean that there are no nerves in the worm?

Am I on the worm? Or somewhere beside it?

Is the worm so big (or the cave so small) that I am in danger of being crushed by it as it moves?
How about riding it until it gets out, could I try doing that or would I be in danger of being smashed against the cave wall?
The above assume that the worm will keep moving normally and will not try to throw me away, of course.

How fat is the worm compared to me? I mean, could I theoretically fit inside it? If yes, how many times approximately?

EDIT: Well, I got no reply, and I don't want to write a giant wall of if/then/else, so just try to do what seems more sensible. Try to separate the potential brain from the worm, keep up with the potential brain and remain safe, in that order of priority.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:59:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2015, 01:27:35 pm »

Y. Vetrov

- Fuck my life. I'm going to distract it, get your biggest guns, people, and make it right.

Get a good visual on the worm. Is it armored? How thick it is, as in, what is its diameter? Then, create a diversion by flying around the worm and spraying namite on it. If it tries to reach me and eat me, open a new canister of namite and throw it down its throat so it'll detonate of some shot later. Also slash and stab it with sword and/or dagger, if that will be of any help.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:24:26 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2015, 03:57:56 pm »

shoot at the thing!
get t the hum-vee!
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2015, 05:18:58 pm »

watch in awe and horror at the thing from the jeep.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2015, 07:22:19 pm »

((Hack two people's arms off unnecessarily? Still don't trust you in the driver's seat.))
(((I didn't hack unnecessarily his arm was stuck in  a bear trap and the other guy was being constricted by the fungus. I am doing my best))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51