Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83730 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #345 on: May 13, 2015, 02:22:19 pm »

If I'm still conscious by some miracle then use Pimp Bracelet to fly into trench and die there.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2015, 02:54:14 pm »

((By spinning it is preventing your lasers from heating the same spot or area, spreading the heat across its entire carapace and minimizing their effect. Physical projectiles should be more effective, especially if you shoot at the bottom of the cartwheel as it retreats from us or the top as it approaches. once it has been delimbed, it will be unable to move and - considering past cases around here - probably will explode if it can't use its eyelaser properly.))

I continue my search for the alternate entrance, concerned that the ground may try to eat me or send even more killcreatures after me, but doing my best to cause no harm - claws are retracted, my steps are light as I can manage, and I do not put my limbs into any holes or mouths or whatever. noooo tempting the planet to attack me, ok? It's mean enough already. More than mean enough really. This thing is super-scary.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »

"No more lasers! Lars, Gauss cannon or PSL, don't care which! Everyone else, spread out!"

((I didn't use my amp last turn, correct? Some confusion over whether to increase the amp use counter on my wiki page.))

Blade of force, cut off its legs at the top, when they'd be moving forward.

Get away from the jeep, but stay in the trench.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:19:23 am by swordsmith04 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2015, 03:09:06 pm »

Y. Vetrov - up in the air with Han

((Assuming that holding Han leaves me with at least one free hand))
Namite the thing from distance. Assist Han in his course of action.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2015, 03:22:19 pm »

Brother Lars grunted as he tried to hold himself up.  "Brother Hasala... I don't believe I can use the Cannon in this state.  Shards it is.  Ingram, guide my arm as we serve the Holy Steve!  Algis, I beg of your aid!"

Pray to Ingram for aiming assistance.  Drop to one "knee" as best I can and fire a 10x burst of PSL shards at it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »

"wasn't expecting that. can someone cut this off my only arm? I'd do it myself but ya only arm. Sorry bout that."Keep watch for enemy's tell allies if I see any.  if someone cuts the thing off my arm thanks.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2015, 05:20:06 pm »

"As I may have said before KILL IT WITH FIRE AND GUNS"
If ground becomes angsty stab with knife until un-angstafied or move away from angsty earth then use ALL of the ClF3 bullets, if the creature gets close to the gun detonate the magazine
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »

If I'm still conscious by some miracle then use Pimp Bracelet to fly into trench and die there.
Stabilize him, check heroguy is ok with the soil, if not cut it off of him with knife.
"Are you ok with the soil or do you need help?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2015, 03:10:17 pm »

This severed torso suddenly, and inexplicably, no doubt due to an absurdly good roll, summons a metal rod out of seemingly nowhere and gets pogo-sticked back over toward the group and lands in the bare rock of the trench. Impressive!

((By spinning it is preventing your lasers from heating the same spot or area, spreading the heat across its entire carapace and minimizing their effect. Physical projectiles should be more effective, especially if you shoot at the bottom of the cartwheel as it retreats from us or the top as it approaches. once it has been delimbed, it will be unable to move and - considering past cases around here - probably will explode if it can't use its eyelaser properly.))

I continue my search for the alternate entrance, concerned that the ground may try to eat me or send even more killcreatures after me, but doing my best to cause no harm - claws are retracted, my steps are light as I can manage, and I do not put my limbs into any holes or mouths or whatever. noooo tempting the planet to attack me, ok? It's mean enough already. More than mean enough really. This thing is super-scary.
You skitter, very cautiously, to the north another square, taking care not to cause any more damage then is completely and totally necessary. You're getting down pretty low in elevation, almost to the lowest most part.

"No more lasers! Lars, Gauss cannon or PSL, don't care which! Everyone else, spread out!"

((I didn't use my amp last turn, correct? Some confusion over whether to increase the amp use counter on my wiki page.))

Blade of force, cut off its legs at the top, when they'd be moving forward.

Get away from the jeep, but stay in the trench.

No, you didn't have time.

This time, however, you manage to cleanly sever one of the critter's legs with a force blade. It doesn't seem to slow it down much, but it's a start.

Y. Vetrov - up in the air with Han

((Assuming that holding Han leaves me with at least one free hand))
Namite the thing from distance. Assist Han in his course of action.
Doomblade is quiet right now so lets just have you try and namite it.

You manage to kind of partially hit it with a spray of flame, which doesn't really seem to do much to it.

Brother Lars grunted as he tried to hold himself up.  "Brother Hasala... I don't believe I can use the Cannon in this state.  Shards it is.  Ingram, guide my arm as we serve the Holy Steve!  Algis, I beg of your aid!"

Pray to Ingram for aiming assistance.  Drop to one "knee" as best I can and fire a 10x burst of PSL shards at it.
Lars holds himself up with one hand and fires with the other, spraying shards into the starfish. They don't embed very deep past the thing's armor, but they get in, and the explosion more then makes up for the less then perfect penetration.

"wasn't expecting that. can someone cut this off my only arm? I'd do it myself but ya only arm. Sorry bout that."Keep watch for enemy's tell allies if I see any.  if someone cuts the thing off my arm thanks.

The flesh jerks you down and out of the jeep, swallowing up your entire arm, breaking it in several places as it does.

"AAAAAAHHHH HELP HLEP AHHHHH!!"

And other such cowardly screams.

"As I may have said before KILL IT WITH FIRE AND GUNS"
If ground becomes angsty stab with knife until un-angstafied or move away from angsty earth then use ALL of the ClF3 bullets, if the creature gets close to the gun detonate the magazine
You scoot over to where Billy is being attacked and stab at the attacking flesh. The flesh, in turn, starts to subsume you and drag you into it, much like it is doing to billy.

Stabilize him, check heroguy is ok with the soil, if not cut it off of him with knife.
"Are you ok with the soil or do you need help?"
Yeah, you ain't stabilizing the torn in half torso man.

You instead run over and use your combat knife to hack billy's trapped arm straight off. It frees him...probably in more then one sense of the word if he keeps bleeding like he is.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2015, 03:55:49 pm »

I continue my minimal-impact search.

note that just like before, I'm being really cautious here and am expecting to have to dodge or sprint away any second. better to go slow and be ready for the planet's next murder attempt than to move quickly into my grave.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:47:04 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2015, 04:09:02 pm »

Help stop people's bleeding and ask ashimo if I can have his bracelet
Hey mind if I use your Pimp bracelet
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:10:58 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »

Focus on not dieing, play that tetris game everyone keeps talking about.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2015, 05:25:41 pm »

((Sorry, forgot to post last turn.
And thank you for your answer piecewise. Just wanted a clarification.))

Just keep digging, just keep digging, just keep digging digging digging...

Edit: Oh, and keep looking around with cameyes for any trace of an end to this.
Can I maybe see thick nerve bundles going through the rock and the direction they're pointing at?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:42:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2015, 06:05:53 pm »

"I AM NOT FOOD! BAD SKIN PLANET! ALSO ALLIES I NEED ASSISTANCE HERE"
Move away from skin and stab/cut flesh of evil planet that attempts to stop me from leaving
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:08:28 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2015, 11:27:40 pm »

The starfish is dead by the way. I had to write the turn quick because my pc was restarting.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51