Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83588 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2015, 02:48:28 am »

Ulrich Leland, Team B. Location: In jeep.

"Perhaps if half of one brain were put into steve and the other half into another wetware?"

"Sounds highly unusual practice."
Johnothen, Team A: Still In 'da Jeep.

"Eh, just hypotheticals."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2015, 04:47:38 am »

"Nothing like that on our end, as far as I can tell. It's tried to flip our jeeps, and tried to trap the ARM trooper checking for nerves, but no sign of the soldier lifeforms, yet. Maybe it's reacting to your Avatar?"

"No idea. It might be, but I'm hoping that's not it, or it's gonna get steadily more pissed. Big footprints, y'know. We've got a lead to the cluster though."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2015, 05:36:13 am »

-nevermind-
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:14:02 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2015, 05:45:35 am »

"We've got a lead to the cluster though."

"You mean you followed the nerves up to the right place? Or is it something more specific? Can you describe it so we know it is it when we see it?"

((That was to Hasala.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2015, 06:13:33 am »

((Oops. Nevermind then.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2015, 07:47:08 am »

"What's happening over there, Lars?"

"Commander Hasala, no new threats at this time, but it is imperative to remember haste at all times."

Stick with the jeep and keep moving forward with it.  Use giant robot strength to pull it out of any troubles.  Also scan around for trouble with BS vision filters.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2015, 01:21:22 pm »

TEAM A
- Thank you for your help, Hasala. I couldn't get it myself.
"No problem. Try to stay focused, that won't be the last time the Haebi tries something clever."

Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
lots ground -> ground trap, lots cut -> cut trap, lots jeep -> jeep trap, one trap type at time, many trap, me solo walk no special trap, what many do?

Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Lyra Arden cc: Snapdragon
Right now it's preoccupied with the groups, yes. That could change at any moment, and a single person on their own can't defend themselves as well as a group can. It the groups split up, we couldn't use the jeeps, and we'd be slower and more vulnerable than otherwise. That's why it's trying to get us out of them.

"Brothers and sisters of Steve, we need to make haste!  The world is alive and wishes us ill!"

"Konrad, can you see about unlocking the Gunnerbots' weapons, but giving them a "hold fire unless target present" command? Define target as something distinct from the groundflesh and acting hostile to the team, or something. Also check to see if they have CamEyes, please."

Watch what the ground near Yaroslav is doing. Warn him if whatever its response is is visible. Be prepared to intervene with my laser rifle,  or mass manipulation amplifier if shooting it wouldn't help.

"Flint, where are you? Why haven't you caught up with us yet?"
Y. Vetrov - Team A

[while moving, do the following retroactively]
- Thank you for your help, Hasala. I couldn't get it myself.
Briefly check chest condition after grey goo encounter.

[upon full stop of the vehicle do the following]
Get out to check the nerves again. Try to reduce amount of surface of my body that contacts flesh to minimum. Be extra aware to any flesh collapsing around my hands or generally moving.
TEAM A

"Konrad, can you see about unlocking the Gunnerbots' weapons, but giving them a "hold fire unless target present" command? Define target as something distinct from the groundflesh and acting hostile to the team, or something. Also check to see if they have CamEyes, please."
"Acknowledged."
Stop to let people check nerves, while waiting access gunnerbots and make them hold fire until given a "target present" command via wristpad or whatever method of communication they understand, once direction is gained drive onward in the direction of said nerves as fast as possible.

You manage to stop, check the nerves and not even get caught. Fairly simple now that you all realized that cutting open the ground is a lot like poking at a bear trap.  Unfortunately I don't see anyone saying anything about giving you control over the gunnerbots.

The nerves are heading south east now, though more east then south.

TEAM B

"Commander Hasala, no new threats at this time, but it is imperative to remember haste at all times."

Stick with the jeep and keep moving forward with it.  Use giant robot strength to pull it out of any troubles.  Also scan around for trouble with BS vision filters.

Han Thren, Team B

Ride in the jeep, be ready to bail to the side should the jeep actually flip.

"I get the impression that we should really get moving."

Be unconscious.

"Woah, that's new. Be thankful of my driving skills."

Do quick check if jeep is still functional without getting out of it. Keep driving south east, unless team leader says otherwise. Keep eye on the ground, look to front and sides, listen if teammates warn me of incoming doom, note all changes and dodge everything. I'm not stopping before reaching Lyra.

"yo driver can we check the ground? And Dude who was gonna fire off the microwave thingy can you tell me if you see the ground moving I'd rather I not die by penis." Wait for driver to stop if he does and (spazyak) agrees to look out check to see if we're still heading in the right direction by cutting into ground to find nerves, but stay in the jeep just kinda lean out the door. If (spazyak) or I notice some thing that definitely is not okay ie. ground is displaced and is coming towards me,  pull head and body back in jeep as quickly as possible and close door.
-EDIT-
"yo driver can we check the ground? And Dude who was gonna fire off the microwave thingy can you tell me if you see the ground moving I'd rather I not die by penis." Wait for driver to stop if he does and (spazyak) agrees to look out check to see if we're still heading in the right direction by cutting into ground to find nerves, but stay in the jeep just kinda lean out the door. If (spazyak) or I notice some thing that definitely is not okay ie. ground is displaced and is coming towards me,  pull head and body back in jeep as quickly as possible and close door.
-EDIT-
I'll do as he says

Well this one is a bit of a problem. People want to get out and check the nerves but the driver wants to keep going till he catches up with Lyra. Unfortunately Lyra is flying through the air on the back of her robot friend and as such is very difficult to keep up with. We'll assume you guys keep going south east 2 squares worth.  The jeep appears to be working just fine so far and you don't even fall down any pits.

TEAM CAT

@Everyone, radio: "By the way guys, each jeep has some dogs with them. They're synthflesh, so they probably have cameyes. You can use their feeds to look around for any dangerous stuff. Just letting you know. Oh, they also got some guns on their back, but I've got them turned off, just in case one of you decides to hug a fungus and ends up with a gauss induced hole on his chest. From what I've heard, they don't understand the concept of collateral damage very well. Then again, they're dogs that shoot guns with near-perfect accuracy, so they're already performing above my expectations."

Quote from: Yaroslav to Team B
I take it Bart had his leg amputated. You haven't fed Barts leg to Haebi by leaving it somewhere, haven't you? Because we don't want any clone shenanigans, right?
@Yaroslav, private radio: "I'm pretty sure I left the legs in his backpack so that the infirmary people could reattach them. If they make it back up there without melting or something. So unless they fell somewhere along the way, they should be there. Westwood ambulance services make no guarantee and take no responsibilities for loss of life or limb. Westwood ambulance services cautions the users of the service to pay attention to any limbs for possible infection by shapeshifting parasitic fungi. Remember, even dead legs can kill."

As Flint let Gilgamesh carry him through the sky, he took some time to plot the team's findings. He studied the map thoughtfully for a few seconds before shifting the controls and guiding the battlesuit a bit higher.

@Lyra, private radio: "Felines and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. In a few moments the cabin crew will provide you with some recent mapping data. The captain would like to inform you that he has the bright idea to go even further before checking the ground for nerves, since the new data would help triangulate our objective's position. The proposed destination has been marked on the provided map for your convenience. If there are no objections to the suggested course from our on flight medical officer, we will soon be changing our course and heading there. We thank you for flying ARM Airlines and wish you a pleasant flight. Captain Westwood out."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

If Lyra doesn't object, fly to the location indicated by the cyan circle on the map. I understand it if it would take several turns. If I see any visible nerve bundles, then follow those instead.
Make sure to maintain a safe height while doing so and keep scanning the area with cameyes.
If by some miracle I get there this turn, cut the ground and look at where the nerves are going. Make sure to share my camera feeds with Lyra so that she can double check my findings without getting close to the ground herself (keep her on my back/head). Then immediately fly away, following the direction the nerves are going.

You make it 1 space se, and then two east, so you're one square away from the place you want to go. Thats the good news. The bad news is that as you fly, you notice things moving in the distance. There are clusters of them, coming from various different directions, most of them seem to be focused in on the jeeps though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
Soldiers coming.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2015, 01:51:32 pm »

@Everyone, radio: "Ground teams, be advised. Aerial recon just confirmed hostiles approaching your location from all vectors. I repeat, large number of mobile enemy units approaching your location from all vectors. Target coordinates are being transmitted to you as we speak. They are gathered in clusters and most of them are heading straight for the jeeps at a reasonable speed. They will be on top of you soon.

Recommend you ready low power kinetic weapons and let us unleash the dogs at them as a safe way to test retaliation at a distance. Aerial recon will observe test results, report findings and adjust the dog's behaviour as needed.

Please advise on your battle plan so that we can adjust ours accordingly. Aerial recon, over."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2015, 01:55:16 pm »

Y. Vetrov - Team A

- Brace yourselves for an encounter, people.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:58:19 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2015, 02:19:27 pm »

"First weapon type to be used was lasers, if I recall correctly."

If someone wants to check nerves, let them. If they are not caught then keep driving in direction nerves seem to point.

If enemy attacks and Bartolomew isn't awake, take his Electro-Spektr, set it in UV, enable Gungnir mode and fire at enemies. Aim to disable mobility, and then to kill.
If enemy attacks and the number of targets exceeds 6 or the targets attempt to ram the jeep use Testament instead. Single shot mode.
Otherwise use other people as meat shields and steer away from enemies.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:21:16 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2015, 02:28:12 pm »

"Should we try to make it to the target before fighting?"

Inquire as to whether to keep moving or not. If not, stand by as ranged teams fight and be ready to bail/fight with mono-machete.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2015, 02:32:50 pm »

@Lyra, private radio: "Felines and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking again. We'd like to inform you that on your left, right, forward and backward you can see some of the local local populace preparing a welcoming party for our ground-bound friends. It is very likely that we will encounter turbulence, since they will probably want us to land so they can welcome us and they are veeery insistent about that sort of thing. Please fasten your seatbelt and ensure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position. If any of the passengers wishes to disembark and try to use stealth to avoid the welcoming party, it is recommended that they do so now."

"However, as captain, I would advise against it, since the carpet the welcoming committee has chosen for this event is awfully squeaky and can easily betray your presence, unless you are as light as a cat. It is the captain's opinion that this was done on purpose due to the committee's obsessive compulsive need to welcome everyone with extreme prejudice."

"The captain is of the opinion that we should proceed through the turbulent airspace and search for a more secure landing site where we can get directions. Returning to provide support to our ground-bound friends is also a viable option. However, I am open to any suggestions the crew may have. Captain Westwood, out."

"First weapon type to be used was lasers, if I recall correctly."
"Didn't they teach you the proper rules of engagement, marine? Proper weapon for this situation is light kinetics, aka gauss rifles, until they are proven ineffective or unless your life or the life of a teammate depends on you doing otherwise. And don't try to be a smartass by saying that lightning and exploding crystals is not lasers. Lightning is plasma, which is worse, since it counts as a heavy weapon aerial recon's heaviest weapon is a frigging plasma cannon. So if you don't have a kinetic weapon, you better get one from your teammates or pray to Steve that he drops one from the sky, if you're the sort of man who believes in miracles. Do I make myself clear soldier?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2015, 02:42:56 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Flint
Trust, scout
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2015, 03:17:14 pm »

Soldiers gathering distant, visible from air. maybe same there.

Understood. Thanks for the heads up, we'll keep an eye out.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51