Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83546 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:23 am »

Join the queue with amp-assisted doors tapping.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2015, 10:14:21 am »

continue watching and covering the people opening the pod.
guys if any buggers come to chill us I'll cover you
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2015, 05:43:12 pm »

Alright, this is a bit of a confused mess. We've got two teams here on the wiki, a and b,  and a jeep for each. I'm going to ASSUME you guys are actually following your team and if you say "Get in a jeep" I'll ASSUME it's your team's jeep. These assumptions are possibly wrong, but whatever, they're want  we're gonna use.

Irling had never taken kindly to those who imagined themselves his superior- and especially not those to whom he was indebted. Back home, a bit of paper work and he could have this Nabin character taken care of.

However, Irling concluded, it would be best to play along for the time being.

Join Hasala and crew in the Jeep. Or follow them, if they decide to walk.
"Yes sir, dammit, it won't be too long before this planet is gonna start making stingers for us."
Get into the jeep and check the outside for any sign of the haebi trying to cover it up or something.
- Understood. Moving out. Anyone got any idea on directions of search?
((South is 90 degrees for referece))
"The tendrils head south and slightly east I recommend a search from south to 65 degrees SE, Also to the person with the microwave the use of such a thing is uncessecary as we can already cut the surface and may hinder our efforts with thermal weapons and lasers later as they may develop hides that protect from electromagnetic radiation, so please save it for the warriors when we are in the laser phase."
move in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every 500 paces and recheck direction

New plan: move along with this guy.
- Understood. Moving out. Anyone got any idea on directions of search?

((South is 90 degrees for referece))
"The tendrils head south and slightly east I recommend a search from south to 65 degrees SE, Also to the person with the microwave the use of such a thing is uncessecary as we can already cut the surface and may hinder our efforts with thermal weapons and lasers later as they may develop hides that protect from electromagnetic radiation, so please save it for the warriors when we are in the laser phase."
Get into team A jeep and drive in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every tile paces and recheck direction. Be on the lookout for any places where there may be brain caverns
move in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every 500 paces and recheck direction
New plan: move along with [Konrad].

Stare disapprovingly at the two chucklefucks going off on their own and not driving the jeep as the only two non-battlesuit members of Team A with Aux skill. If one of them doesn't turn around and attempt to drive the jeep, sigh and gesture at the rest of Team A to start walking south, doing so myself.

Otherwise:

No magnetron yet.
Split into two teams, as above in original post. Get into one of the jeeps (the one without the magnetron attached). Have driver head south a little ((one tile)).
((If nobody opens the pod I'll do it with my mass amp.))
((I'm better at amps than you, allow me please.))
Quote from: Lyra to Team Snapdragon
Amp Open?
Quote from: Ulrich Leland To: Lyra; Team Snapdragon
OPEN IT!!

I circle around my pod to put it between me and his, giving me some cover in case things go wrong, then calmly rip his pod door off with my mass manip amp. ((+2 modifier in Exo and in Mind, non-combat / low pressure situation))
after that,
I get moving to the southeast, testing my new body and not trusting the driving skills of my teammates.
((According to the wiki you're following the wrong team but sure))

So Corsair here is moving south east. I'm gonna ignore his fractional degrees because fuck that, we're on a fucking grid corsair, give me a break. The good news is that you mange to get 1 space south east without crashing. The bad news is that it quickly becomes obvious that the skin doesn't necessarily always flow evenly over the ground. There are "Deep" spaces where the skin looks uniform but it can actually hide quite drop offs that the skin has just stretched over. You almost roll the jeep figuring this out and now move ahead at quite a slow pace. You've managed to make it part of the way down the hill you started on.

"who's gonna drive?" hop into a jeep
"Is anyone going to get that guy out of his pod?"

Get into the Team B jeep, standby to go.
Brother Lars stretches his suit in a pointless attempt to limber it up.  He feels... it's time to move.  "Brothers!  The gods warn against tarrying!  I feel we need to get moving, and get moving now!  Time is of the essence!"

Get in gear and go!  Encourage the team to hustle; nudge along anyone who tarries.  We should be checking less often and moving more!  Don't go alone though.  (Team B is moving SE)

Quote from: Brother Lars to General Miyamoto; CC Hasala
General Miyamoto,

The gods warn that we must hurry, and hurry fast.  I feel haste is imperative here, and that you should know.
(((So we have a jeep that has a microwave hooked up to the front of it as a wide I acurate annoying intense pain weapon. Woo hoo!)))
guys get ready for some fun I'll turn on the mcpicrowave if we keep it on a spot for long enough it should cause some damage allowing us to better cut through it
wait for response, if to,d by leader I can turn it on then do so, hold laser rifle out ready to kill any buggers hat come to close
You turn on the microwave part.

It, unsurprisingly, doesn't do much.

It's the magnetron from a microwave, man. If you could create neat weapons out of that stuff everyone would already be doing it.

continue waiting in pas anger seat with belt on , look around and see if any baddies are about

Now, Toaster seems to think Team B's jeep is moving SE but no one appears to be driving it in that direction. The good news is that you're off the skin and safe in the jeep for when the next part happens.

The Newest plan: be around to help Flint with freeing Ulrich, then roll along with the team I'm assigned to (given I have wheels, maybe just grab some handle and roll outside the jeep to save some space), be prepared to cut anything that is too persistent in obstructing our way with my sword, but not in a very "exited to cut things" manner.
"Ehh just hold on for a second catgirl, lemme try, I may injure myself but not as badly as you might."
Get the knife and see if I can lever it into any gaps, if I succeed in opening up a hole, get a good grip and try to pull it out, perhaps ask others for help for this part.
Join the queue with amp-assisted doors tapping.
Team A - Flint Westwood

((Actually, I was going to cut him out,
- Vetrov reporting from Ulrichs' drop pod. I could use some assistance in getting him. I'm open to advices here.
"I hear ya. If you can't get it open, just let me know and get going. I'll free him and catch up to you."

"Hey, priest! Barman! You speak computer, right? Can you wake up the dogs and get them ready to go for a walk with us?

I was just waiting to see if somebody wanted to try anything else first and where I was going to go afterwards. But it's no problem, I'll let you two use your amp if you want.))

If nobody else can open the pod door:
If the problem with it is that the pod door is blocked by the ground,  simply turn the pod upright.
Else, carefully laser it to cut whatever is holding it locked and then detonate the explosive release if necessary (use the dents Yaroslav(comrade's char) made if it would help bypass the armour). Use the CamEyes to help spot my target and ensure I'm not accidentally cutting into the man inside. Make sure to tell him to get away from the door and let me know if I do anything wrong, just in case. (+4 Master Conventional)

After he's free, see if I can use some of my rope/duct tape/metal poles to tie one of those pod doors to Gilgamesh's arm to make a shield. Would that even work or are they too large or some other problem?

Finally, ensure that the 3 gunnerbots have their friend or foe settings set correctly and have 2 of them follow the other team (team b) and 1 of them follow my team (team A). Have them hold their fire until given an order to fire, if possible. (+2 Professional Aux).

Then follow my team (team a). No reason to hurry or use my rockets, let them go on ahead without me, unless the ground starts getting too angry at me or I can see enemies approaching them. Make sure to check the area with cameyes while moving and warn the team if I see anything. Try to avoid stuff coming out of the ground, if possible.

"Hope you're not afraid of dogs, Chatcat."

EDIT: If someone doesn't go with their team for some reason, then grab them and get them/fly them to their team.

Well we can pretty clearly ignore ED, who is trying to pull up bolted metal plates with his normal human fingers. No, your attempts to pry them with a knife also failed. Luckily for you, you rolled a 2 not a 1 or your knife would have broken.

Illgeo's attempts to open it via amp tapping eh? Well, considering everyone else said to wait till last or help the one who waited till last:
Well, you manage to smash the ablative armor plating off, but partially crush part of the pod in the process. The guy inside is alright but getting him out will be a bit harder now.

Flint carefully cuts the hatch off without any more problems. Unfortunately everything is too crushed to be used as a shield. You do, however, set the gunner bots follow their designated teams. You lock their weapons though.

I'm gonna say you can't follow your team in the same turn though. You're already doing a lot.

Comrade P, consider yourself along with your team.

Ok, lets see, who's still standing around on the skin... I think Illgeo and Langlon are the only ones who aren't specifically in a jeep or a giant armored suit. And Lengon's got a robot body so I guess it's just Illgeo in possible danger.

Those Finger thick tendrils wave a little faster and then a long, thin spike sprouts from their tip. They whip about, and strike like rattle snakes.

The stinger catches Bart right in the back of the knee and the end of it snaps off, staying embedded in his leg, continuing to pulsate.  His entire left leg goes immediately numb and he nearly collapses, holding himself up against the pod.

Tick Tock, Tick tock. 

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2015, 06:01:02 pm »

What team am I in? i wasn't around for the bit where we were assigned teams.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2015, 06:02:36 pm »

((Team B. Look up wiki cheatsheet. Also, OOC.))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:27:23 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2015, 06:09:03 pm »

"I said south, Konrad. Stop for a moment, and let someone get out and check to see where the nerves are going, now."

If no one gets out and checks for directions from nerves, do it myself. (Don't jump from a moving vehicle if Konrad doesn't stop for some reason, though.) Otherwise, stay in the jeep.

Quote from: Hasala Nabin To: Lars
Team A's driver misheard my directions and headed southeast, so have Team B follow the nerves south, instead.

((Relevant post here.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »

Yaroslav Vetrov - Team A

"I said south, Konrad. Stop for a moment, and let someone get out and check to see where the nerves are going, now."
- On it.

Check the nerves in the area we just rolled in. Be prepared to back off if anything goes funny while I'm doing it. Report results.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:37:17 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »

Flint sighed.
"You keep making my work harder... I'm the one who's supposed to screw things up, not you."
He points a metal finger to the recently freed occupant of the pod.
"You! Stay there! Unless you want to get intimate with the planet. I'm flying you two out of here."
He then turned the radio transmit button on.
"Yeah, uh.. so one of the new guys got stabbed by the planet's tentacle thingy. And it's still in him. Think he might have space herpes or turn into a fungiman or something, like in that Section 9 film I did. Think he needs a checkup. Any medics up for the job? I told you those things were death penises... Nobody listens to me when I tell then about alien death penises."*grumble* *grumble*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:39:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »

hey we have some trouble! some stingers coming out of the ground. get out of the way guys
get up and turn around kneeling in the seat. aim magnetron at ground. (((ok I'll stop with he joke now but I will find some use for it))) Get ready to fire at the tendrils when people move out of the way. once everybody does so fire at them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:50:12 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »

hey we have some trouble! some stingers coming out of the ground. get out of the way guys
get up and turn around kneeling in the seat. aim magnetron at ground. (((ok I'll stop with he joke now but I will find some use for it))) Get ready to fire at the tendrils when people move out of the way. once everybody does so fire at them.
STOP HIM(spazyak) FROM BEING AN IDIOT (strength +1 (lock arm behind back)) AND MAKING THE PLANET TRY AND KILL US "the planet is only doing this due to our footsteps think about what may happen if you hit it with a weapon? Ask a superior before you do anything stupid. Everyone whom isn't in a hardened suit of sorts get on your jeeps I'll let our commander tell you what to do tho, make sure you report in before you get us all killed off. I'm rather found of my head."
-EDIT-
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:43:16 pm by heroguy111 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:34 pm »

-bad post-

post used to have incomplete quotes from a post I was making, edited to say bad post as soon as it accidentally-posted. adding this because next 2 posts seem to think i was writing about them when i said bad post.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:35:31 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:48 pm »

((did I mess up in some way?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2015, 09:33:01 pm »

((Not sure, though you may want to specify how you'll stop him to make sure you use a favorable stat.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2015, 09:51:11 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Flint, cc Snapdragon
Move, meet SE -> S
Go South 1 space, from there use combat knife for a nerve check.
((splitting the difference between team routes, avoiding the impending teammate vs teammate incident, and keeping moving.))
Once the hurt guy reaches me, stop what i'm doing and check on him, taking the time to do it right and providing treatment as necessary from on top of the door he's going to be delivered on.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:10:36 am by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51