Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83563 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2015, 10:38:16 pm »

Brother Lars stretches his suit in a pointless attempt to limber it up.  He feels... it's time to move.  "Brothers!  The gods warn against tarrying!  I feel we need to get moving, and get moving now!  Time is of the essence!"

Get in gear and go!  Encourage the team to hustle; nudge along anyone who tarries.  We should be checking less often and moving more!  Don't go alone though.  (Team B is moving SE)

Quote from: Brother Lars to General Miyamoto; CC Hasala
General Miyamoto,

The gods warn that we must hurry, and hurry fast.  I feel haste is imperative here, and that you should know.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:21:09 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2015, 11:44:41 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Locked into pod

Wait for rescue in fetal position.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2015, 12:18:33 am »

move in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every 500 paces and recheck direction
New plan: move along with [Konrad].

Stare disapprovingly at the two chucklefucks going off on their own and not driving the jeep as the only two non-battlesuit members of Team A with Aux skill. If one of them doesn't turn around and attempt to drive the jeep, sigh and gesture at the rest of Team A to start walking south, doing so myself.

Otherwise:

No magnetron yet.
Split into two teams, as above in original post. Get into one of the jeeps (the one without the magnetron attached). Have driver head south a little ((one tile)).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2015, 12:52:08 am »

I glance at all my teammates abandoning the locked pod, and make sure to step away from the growing feelers as I type a message:
Quote from: Lyra to Team Snapdragon
Amp Open?

((Let me be clear: this is a bad idea. however, if nobody else is even going to TRY to get him out, then I'm going to use a mass manip amp to rip the door off the pod.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 01:41:35 am »

I glance at all my teammates abandoning the locked pod, and make sure to step away from the growing feelers as I type a message:
Amp Open?

((Let me be clear: this is a bad idea. however, if nobody else is even going to TRY to get him out, then I'm going to use a mass manip amp to rip the door off the pod.))

((If nobody opens the pod I'll do it with my mass amp.))

Quote from: Ulrich Leland To: Lyra; Team Snapdragon
OPEN IT!!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:02 am »

((If nobody opens the pod I'll do it with my mass amp.))
((I'm better at amps than you, allow me please.))
Amp Open?
Quote from: Ulrich Leland To: Lyra; Team Snapdragon
OPEN IT!!

I circle around my pod to put it between me and his, giving me some cover in case things go wrong, then calmly rip his pod door off with my mass manip amp. ((+2 modifier in Exo and in Mind, non-combat / low pressure situation))
after that,
I get moving to the southeast, testing my new body and not trusting the driving skills of my teammates.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:50:26 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:26 am »

move in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every 500 paces and recheck direction
New plan: move along with [Konrad].

Stare disapprovingly at the two chucklefucks going off on their own and not driving the jeep as the only two non-battlesuit members of Team A with Aux skill. If one of them doesn't turn around and attempt to drive the jeep, sigh and gesture at the rest of Team A to start walking south, doing so myself.

Otherwise:

No magnetron yet.
Split into two teams, as above in original post. Get into one of the jeeps (the one without the magnetron attached). Have driver head south a little ((one tile)).
Action edited
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2015, 02:24:28 am »

The Newest plan: be around to help Flint with freeing Ulrich, then roll along with the team I'm assigned to (given I have wheels, maybe just grab some handle and roll outside the jeep to save some space), be prepared to cut anything that is too persistent in obstructing our way with my sword, but not in a very "exited to cut things" manner.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:08:06 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2015, 02:31:07 am »

"Ehh just hold on for a second catgirl, lemme try, I may injure myself but not as badly as you might."
Get the knife and see if I can lever it into any gaps, if I succeed in opening up a hole, get a good grip and try to pull it out, perhaps ask others for help for this part.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2015, 02:55:41 am »

Team A - Flint Westwood

((Actually, I was going to cut him out,
- Vetrov reporting from Ulrichs' drop pod. I could use some assistance in getting him. I'm open to advices here.
"I hear ya. If you can't get it open, just let me know and get going. I'll free him and catch up to you."

"Hey, priest! Barman! You speak computer, right? Can you wake up the dogs and get them ready to go for a walk with us?

I was just waiting to see if somebody wanted to try anything else first and where I was going to go afterwards. But it's no problem, I'll let you two use your amp if you want.))

If nobody else can open the pod door:
If the problem with it is that the pod door is blocked by the ground,  simply turn the pod upright.
Else, carefully laser it to cut whatever is holding it locked and then detonate the explosive release if necessary (use the dents Yaroslav(comrade's char) made if it would help bypass the armour). Use the CamEyes to help spot my target and ensure I'm not accidentally cutting into the man inside. Make sure to tell him to get away from the door and let me know if I do anything wrong, just in case. (+4 Master Conventional)

After he's free, see if I can use some of my rope/duct tape/metal poles to tie one of those pod doors to Gilgamesh's arm to make a shield. Would that even work or are they too large or some other problem?

Finally, ensure that the 3 gunnerbots have their friend or foe settings set correctly and have 2 of them follow the other team (team b) and 1 of them follow my team (team A). Have them hold their fire until given an order to fire, if possible. (+2 Professional Aux).

Then follow my team (team a). No reason to hurry or use my rockets, let them go on ahead without me, unless the ground starts getting too angry at me or I can see enemies approaching them. Make sure to check the area with cameyes while moving and warn the team if I see anything. Try to avoid stuff coming out of the ground, if possible.

"Hope you're not afraid of dogs, Chatcat."

EDIT: If someone doesn't go with their team for some reason, then grab them and get them/fly them to their team.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:40:04 am by Parisbre56 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2015, 02:58:54 am »

((Sure cutting that door away won't use handi?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2015, 03:02:02 am »

((Sure cutting that door away won't use handi?))
((Why would shooting something use handiwork? People have used con to make casts out of molten metal and didn't have to use Medical to do so. Also, OOC thread.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2015, 06:46:56 am »

((Let me be clear: this is a bad idea.))
((I'll let you two use your amp if you want.))
((do not want))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2015, 07:16:17 am »

continue waiting in pas anger seat with belt on , look around and see if any baddies are about
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2015, 07:51:28 am »

Irling had never taken kindly to those who imagined themselves his superior- and especially not those to whom he was indebted. Back home, a bit of paper work and he could have this Nabin character taken care of.

However, Irling concluded, it would be best to play along for the time being.

Join Hasala and crew in the Jeep. Or follow them, if they decide to walk.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:20:25 am by DoctorMcTaalik »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51