Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83428 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2015, 09:11:19 am »

"Snapdragon, sound off. Everyone get down in one piece?"
"mrow."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 10:14:32 am »

"Goddammit I just know I'm going to learn to hate that music piped in from that drop."
"Why? I found it kinda fun. First there was the one that went 'tu ru du du tururu tuuu' and then there was the one that went 'you come down with a gun, millions against one, try to run for your life' and then there was the one that went 'you are so fucked' and then... Yeah, now that I think about it again, I kinda see your point."

((That's all the mushroom-related songs off the top of my head :P))
are you crazy? Also any one hear my ideal for the magnetron?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 11:07:55 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: Somewhere

"That would probably count as a laser. I would say go nuts with it, but I'm not the team leader."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 11:15:39 am »

"That would probably count as a laser. I would say go nuts with it, but I'm not the team leader."
i just think that it could hold them off though it would be short range and wide so a shotgun
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 11:51:38 am »

"What of the alternate fire mode that the new model lasers have?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2015, 12:00:16 pm »

"Does kinetic amp counts as second tier?."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2015, 12:21:05 pm »

"Try the magnetron if you like, but make sure you don't damage the jeep.
For FEL rifles, start off using UV, like regular laser rifles. Move to alternate wavelengths once UV becomes ineffective and you don't have a weapon matching what we're using at the time.
Kinetic amplifiers are melee weapons. They don't have a tier. Use them only if the Haebi close and we can't put some more distance between us.

Sounds like we all made it down in one piece. If our landing pods didn't land in a group, regroup at the designated landing point, everyone."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2015, 01:27:05 pm »

"Try the magnetron if you like, but make sure you don't damage the jeep.
For FEL rifles, start off using UV, like regular laser rifles. Move to alternate wavelengths once UV becomes ineffective and you don't have a weapon matching what we're using at the time.
Kinetic amplifiers are melee weapons. They don't have a tier. Use them only if the Haebi close and we can't put some more distance between us.

Sounds like we all made it down in one piece. If our landing pods didn't land in a group, regroup at the designated landing point, everyone."

if placed at the front it shouldn't cause harm the metal will keep it for, effecting the liquids and if we put metal on the sides of it and top of it it will only fire out in front so it can't hurt us. I think I can do Thant pretty quickly, I think I will hook them up to the power for the windshield wipes so you can turn it on and off
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2015, 01:38:48 pm »

"Goddammit I just know I'm going to learn to hate that music piped in from that drop."
"Why? I found it kinda fun. First there was the one that went 'tu ru du du tururu tuuu' and then there was the one that went 'you come down with a gun, millions against one, try to run for your life' and then there was the one that went 'you are so fucked' and then... Yeah, now that I think about it again, I kinda see your point."

((That's all the mushroom-related songs off the top of my head :P))
Flint laughed.
"Yeah, probably. Then again, you're the one trying to turn a microwave oven into a weapon."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:41:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2015, 01:50:17 pm »

Brother Lars smiles.  It was a great day to land.  "Praise be to the gods, for we are all alive!"

Unhook, hop out, and get in the Battlesuit.  Pray for the team.

Brother Lars smiles.  It was a great day to land.  "Praise be to the gods, for we are all alive!"

"I would propose a toast to this, but it might be better to wait until mission is over."

Gather my stuff. Open hatch and look surroundings, see if anyone/anything is close. Do not step out of pod yet unless it is necessary.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Your pods don't open. You hit the red button.

*waits for hatch to open*
It opens.

After the hatch ejected and restraining belts let go (they do, right?), Yaroslav took a moment to appreciate lack of some mundane discomforts he would normally go through during landing.

Then, get chemthrower fixed by my side along with extra cannisters, pick combat knife, too; take two-handed sword in my hand and protrude outside, looking out for teammates and CO.
Collect my equipment. Unhook myself,  open hatch, assess surroundings.

Assuming I am not inside Gilgamesh:
First priority is to get ready to get out and get my equipment ready as I wait for the hatch to open. Have my monorazor ready.
If the hatch doesn't open automatically, do what the good sir from the speaker suggested.
If it opens, be ready for anything attacking me. Also check the ground to make sure it's not doing anything strange.
If all looks reasonably well, carefully make my way towards where our equipment is so I can get inside Gilgamesh. Help any teammates along the way, if possible.
Once inside, take a look around with cameyes. Anything coming at us? Any sign of our objective? Anything interesting?
If nothing is wrong, help any teammates around with their pods and equipment.

Assuming I am inside Gilgamesh:
Take a look around with cameyes. Anything coming at us? Any sign of our objective? Anything interesting?
If nothing is wrong, help any teammates around with their pods and equipment.

Regardless:
What's the deal with that equipment we were going to get, like jeeps and gunnerbots? Do we have that?

You, like miya, got a different kind of ride down. So you're in the suit already.

As per equipment I assume each team gets one jeep (delivered with them)  but There were an odd number of gunner bots so I'm not sure which team has what there. The mission 20 page doesn't separate them into teams.

When his pod lands, Hasala rubs the spot where the harness bit into him. That'll cause brusing... or would have, if not for his genemod, he reflected.

Wait for the harness and door to open. If it does, stand up and gear up. Don't step on the groundflesh yet. Look around; did I land on-target? Are there any other drop pods nearby?

If the harness and door don't disengage, press the button and see if I can get at my gear from here. If I can, and the harness has no way of manually disengaging it, use my +1 Dexterity and my combat knife to carefully cut myself out of the harness.

From the pod you can see at least a few other teammates getting out of their own spike shaped drop systems. The hatch isn't very big, so if you can see these guys, chances are there are more of them around you.

Bloody drop systems always sucks to land, time to report in"This is Konrad reporting in"
Once the harness releases get out and armour up (milnoplate + kevlar jacket) then grab PAWN-SFE and attach the tripod so that it can be used in AUX mode from relative safety, pick it up along with baton and shield and get ready to move. Also examine surroundings
Hop out of drop pod. put on sharksuit. grab combat knife and Gauss rifle. "A bit excited but good, Brother Lars would you mind leading us in a quick prayer so that we might not die on this mission?"
grab knife and it slide into belt. put on mkII if not on already. stand near door with laser rifle in hand.
anything we could do with the magnetron I mean this is a fungus, fungi have lots of water in them. oh and reporting...is the landing usually this hard?
(((char sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAbkp5RDL0nbZZfuOXFm53u4uFjJ3aOh0e-5T0938Kk/edit#heading=h.k48sde0txvh )))
Bold actions please.
"This is Ragnar. I seem to have survived the landing, so that's good." Irling laughs. See you momentarily.

Unbuckle myself, suit up, and collect my gear. If/when the hatch opens, cautiously examine surroundings from inside the pod.

If the door doesn't open, request help on the coms.

"Han checking in. I'm alive but bruised."

Wait for harness to deactivate. Grab my gear if it does, if it doesn't wait for someone to hit the button, if nobody does/can, cut myself free with my combat knife. Then grab my gear.
"Here, here, it's low level weaponry right now, right? I got my laser rifle, what does everyone else have?
Goddammit I just know I'm going to learn to hate that music piped in from that drop."

Try to prepare my laser file and wait until the straps disengage and the door opens, but don't exit or fire on anything yet.
As per usual, if your action is roughly the same as someone else's, I'm bunching you up and replying in one post. And since everyone is mostly the same:

The world here is strange to say the least. You're at the top of a Plateau like structure that runs parallel to a canyon or lowlands of sorts.  To the west the plateau continues, raising slightly, into a larger formation.  It looks like a normal world in terms of contour and shape but a thick blanket of purple-red flesh as been thrown across it, softening the edges and smoothing the slopes. The "skin" as it was called, is soft and crushes like fresh snow under your boots, leaving oozing footprints that slowly fill with a red syrupy substance.  Feathery white growths, like moth antenna, are already starting to sprout from the area around the pods and where ever anyone steps.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2015, 01:57:30 pm »

One of our leaders trapped. We're off to a good start.
"You two guys stuck need heavy lifting? Or can the others help you out? Because I'm fairly certain the ground doesn't like it when we step on it, and I'm kinda heavy. If those things are alarm tripwires or some other sort of sensor, than a single step from me is bound to trigger them."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:06:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2015, 02:03:12 pm »

Toaster reminded me he had a battle suit too.

In that case what would have happened to him is that the carrying frame around his suit would be fused and stuck in place. He's in a cage, basically.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

Brother Lars struggled with the controls that he was not yet fully familiar with; it appeared to be futile.  Hmmm.  "Brothers, I appear to be stuck in my suit.  I require assistance, please."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2015, 02:11:11 pm »

Brother Lars struggled with the controls that he was not yet fully familiar with; it appeared to be futile.  Hmmm.  "Brothers, I appear to be stuck in my suit.  I require assistance, please."
"I can see you from here. Your drop cage has fused and won't unlock." Flint said in a calm, reassuring voice.
"You can get out and try cutting it. Or you can engage overdrive mode and use the added strength to break free, but that has a chance of damaging the motors. Or you can wait for someone else to cut it for you. Or I can use my mining laser." he added half jokingly, but then reconsidered. It was actually a viable option. After all, battlesuits did very well against lasers. He'd seen it first hand, back on his first mission, during the horrifying death of a teammate standing by his side.
"Might mess with your paint job and fry a camera or two if I miss though. But I'm fairly confident I can make the shot."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:16:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »

Make sure Spungktr Sputnik* is in UV.
*Spektr-Gungnir.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51