Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83740 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

I'm not gonna bother to break you into teams anymore since, well, it would be team everyone and then team flint

continue shooting the blimp and other enemies, covering the group, while making zoidberg sounds turn on microwave aiming it at the wall of the trench.
wooh! Let roast some shrooms! Perhaps we can turn the jeep so we can drive down this channel!
You turn on the magnetron. It continues not to do anything very noticeable.
Y. Vetrov - up in the sky over Team United

Land on blimp form above and start cutting it thoroughly. If it fails for some reason, kinamp fist punching, go. If it makes no effect, spray namite all over it.
Shoot the blimp.
Brother Lars smiles at the jeep.  Delivered safely.  "Orders, commander?"

Stand by and guard.  If nothing else attacks, Raduga the blimp out of the sky.
The combined effort of everyone here shooting and or dropping a mean flying elbow from the sky renders the blimp a tattered mass of flesh that crashes to the ground some distance from the team. YAY! SHOOTING IS SUPER EFFECTIVE! The flying Russian Iron man returns to the jeep, I assume.

Accept saline drip and remain safe as you can be on a planet that wants to kill you
Accept the saline drip into your heart.  It loves you.

Cry keep an eye out for anything that's not human coming towards us warn friends if I see something dodge if necessary "I knew I was the best driver for the job. I'll just park this here."

-EDIT-
Standby, be ready to dodge as needed.
Dodge? In your stuck jeep? How? Jump out and run away? Decide quickly because I feel like there are bad things coming at the end of this post!

I should institute a character limit on your actions you jerk.
((Sorry, just a bit scared and worrying about fucking up the mission, so I sometimes end up doing the below.
As a player, it's vitally important to make sure the GM is reminded of every possible detail that can provide a positive modifier to your chances of success in a critical dice roll.
I'll try to make smaller posts. Didn't know you would be busy until a day or so after I made the post.))

Where am I? How deep am I? What's my rear view camera showing? If I have dug absurdly deep, then it might be time to stop and take a break and make sure I'm not digging a tunnel to the centre of the earth whatever this planet is called.

What's the situation in general? Everything fine? Any problems?

I don't know what's going on or what I should do and I don't want to write a giant wall of if/then/else. If I really need to act, then do what seems reasonable. Do a brain roll if I have to.

Brother Lars smiles at the jeep.  Delivered safely.  "Orders, commander?"

"Everyone stay up here, on guard. There's at least another of those blimps and half a dozen Haebi soldiers that might arrive at any moment, plus whatever else the the planet might throw at us now that we're here. The soldier lifeforms Team A ran into were melee-only. Prioritize the ones with spikes instead of heads, first, they've got scythes in their sides that can cut a jeep in half. I'm going to see how far down Flint's gotten."

Head down the tunnel Flint dug. About how much of the stone melted, and how much evaporated? How deep is the molten stone down where Flint is? Don't go down that far if I'd be submerged, though.

To Flint:
"Try digging side tunnels for the molten stone to drain off into, if you haven't found the nerve cluster cavern, yet."

((I was joking))
You are underground. You're not really sure. Probably should have taken altitude measurements before going down.  Your rear camera is showing a lot of hot slag.  You don't think you're absurdly deep, but again, you're doing this at a 30 degree angle or so, so it's gonna take a long time to get down and a lot of digging.  The situation in general? Seems alright for the moment. You're keeping ahead of the hardening rock.
I dunno if I wasn't clear with my other post, I thought I was, but the thing here is this is just gonna take a while. Digging down through over a hundred feet of stone isn't a quick task, especially when you're doing it at a relatively gentle angle and circling around down toward an unknown formation underground. SO you can keep doing what you were doing, just be prepared to wait a few turns for it to actually complete.

And as per you Sword, you can't really do shit because Flint's tunnel filled with molten slag as he descended, and that has now hardened back into a solid mass of stone.

Something is coming, from the east. It's moving quickly. Extremely quickly. It's nothing but a blackish blur charging toward the team. It bears a vague resemblance to a starfish, though it appears to be about 3 meters tall. And there's only one of them.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2015, 12:02:11 pm »

Y. Vetrov

- Incoming from the east. Any specific orders or fire at will, commander?

Switch through various sight modes to see if any of those give a clearer picture of incoming enemy. Do what Doomblade suggests.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:13:22 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:10 pm »

hide behind the jeep door and fire at the starfish creature
tear off the jeep door and get ready to use it as a riot shield. (I am pretty sure we had gunner bots) set up a gunner bot, run away down the trench.

maybe we should set one of the gunner bit up to help hold things off
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:43:37 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2015, 12:33:43 pm »

Ulrich Leland. In jeep.

If I feel good enough to aim in general direction of the starfish, then do so and fire Testament: 9 volley twice.
If people fail to stop it, then jump into trench.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:09:01 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2015, 12:53:28 pm »

Brother Lars readied his PEW.  "Ingram, guide my shots!"

HEP it, dead center, standard shot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »

If "russian iron man" accepts my offer, we will attempt to fly above and to the side of the approaching shape, tesla sabre held ss that it would run into it. If he denies my offer, then as it approaches the jeep, bail, move to the side of its path of approach and apply the tesla sabre.

"You, flyer. I have an idea. Can you carry me and fly towards that thing? I want to see if we can stop it before it reaches us."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2015, 05:23:49 pm »

"Why.
Why is it a starfish?
This planet is committing psychological warfare in front of my own eyes."

Lets hope it can't see lasers, or immune to them, put the laser rifle back at minimum diffusion and start doing small sweeps across where the general direction of the starfish is.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2015, 05:38:11 pm »

Use my Gauss rifle to plug 2 holes into it one dead center the other slightly about and to the right(my right) never mind I only have one arm. Keep watch and try my best not die try and collect a sample of the "soil" observe the removed sample for changes "have fun with that I'll try to keep alive while you guys try to keep killing"

-Edit-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:54:44 pm by heroguy111 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2015, 01:27:26 am »

"You, flyer. I have an idea. Can you carry me and fly towards that thing? I want to see if we can stop it before it reaches us."

- Let's try that. It feels safer up there anyway.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2015, 06:24:38 am »

Ahh sweet saline how I have missed your salty embrace "KILL IT WITH GUNS AND FIRE!"
If I can hide somewhere (head under jeep engine-block or something similarly solid as a brain protector) and leave PAWN set up then open up with it as soon as enemy within 100m, fire individual rounds  in quick succession until sufficiently murderized by something/one.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2015, 08:06:25 am »

Feeling no particular attachment to the jeep, I hop out and get myself some distance from the target of the whatever that thing is (the jeep), staying in line of sight and not leaving the immediate area. I am actively looking for additional threats from the planet and am prepared to dodge, jump, whatever is necessary to evade them.
since I'm getting out anyway, once Flint mentions that there is a decent chance of there being a natural passageway to the brain nearby, I go looking for it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:30:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2015, 09:30:24 am »

If shooting at it and the "fly me closer, I want to hit it with my sword!" plan fails, use my mass manipulation amplifier to create a blade of force, and slice the starfish in half. Or, if the "hit it with my sword" plan failed because that doesn't work, apply upwards force, so it goes flying overhead, instead of slicing through us.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2015, 10:49:43 am »

Shoot the thing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2015, 11:23:23 am »

Assuming I can contact my teammates through the rock: "Hey team, how's it going? Happy dwarf here, slowly dodging magma on my way to the hidden brain stuff."

"You know, that safe area I made you is not going to stay safe for long. Stay there and it'll continue lobbing more dangerous things at you. And the brain will probably be eager to reconnect with the surrounding flesh. And since none of you brought an excavator, you can't exactly follow me safely, unless you get the priest digging."

"So you can stay there, entrench yourself, fight back the growing flesh and hope nothing bad hits you while I do all the work. OR you can make yourselves useful and get ready to start searching for alternate ways of accessing the brain. There might be a tunnel or vent around here. The brain will probably generate lots of heat, after all. Wait until I perform laser brain surgery if you're too scared, but right now just staying there doesn't do anybody any good, it just makes you sitting ducks."

Plus, if I get you moving, then you'll still have a chance to complete the mission, even if I get trapped in here.

I thought that by 30 degrees you meant 30 degrees away from straight downwards. I got a bit confused in the previous turn and failed to notice what you said. I thought the red mode of the rainbow cannon only lasted for a few seconds. That's why I tried to create a safe area around the hole, so that others could more easily protect me while I dug if it took multiple shots to reach the bottom. However, right now, there's little point in them staying here.

I'm not asking for a retcon or anything, just asking for an IC clarification about what's going on with Red mode:

• The red mode always lasted that long. I had simply misunderstood its power.
  • Time moves more slowly due to combat, and that makes it look like red mode is lasting longer.
  • The twin linked generators (battlesuit+backpack) allow red mode to last much longer.
  • I have modified the program controlling the Rainbow Cannon's power output to supply less power to red mode to prolong its effects and make it consume less power.
  • I'm actually using a combination of red mode and mining laser, using the mining laser while the red mode capacitor recharges.
  • I have no IC idea about what the hell is going on, but for some reason red mode seems to be lasting far longer than it should.
  • Something else.
  • Reality has made a mistake. The moment that gets pointed out, I get trapped in molten slag/disappear in a puff of logic.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:26:38 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »

Y. Vetrov

- Incoming from the east. Any specific orders or fire at will, commander?

Switch through various sight modes to see if any of those give a clearer picture of incoming enemy. Do what Doomblade suggests.
It's fast, rolling in a cartwheel like manner on its radial limbs. You can't see much more of it then a blur.

If "russian iron man" accepts my offer, we will attempt to fly above and to the side of the approaching shape, tesla sabre held ss that it would run into it. If he denies my offer, then as it approaches the jeep, bail, move to the side of its path of approach and apply the tesla sabre.

- Let's try that. It feels safer up there anyway.
Yaro sweeps down and grabs han, but thats all he can manage in the amount of time given.

Use my Gauss rifle to plug 2 holes into it one dead center the other slightly about and to the right(my right) never mind I only have one arm. Keep watch and try my best not die try and collect a sample of the "soil" observe the removed sample for changes "have fun with that I'll try to keep alive while you guys try to keep killing"

-Edit-
You want to grab some of the still living mushroom flesh?

You bend down and grab some of the "soil". It promptly spreads up your arm and constricts like a boa.

Ahh sweet saline how I have missed your salty embrace "KILL IT WITH GUNS AND FIRE!"
If I can hide somewhere (head under jeep engine-block or something similarly solid as a brain protector) and leave PAWN set up then open up with it as soon as enemy within 100m, fire individual rounds  in quick succession until sufficiently murderized by something/one.
You, in your delimbed state, have just enough time to crawl out of the jeep and roll under it.

Feeling no particular attachment to the jeep, I hop out and get myself some distance from the target of the whatever that thing is (the jeep), staying in line of sight and not leaving the immediate area. I am actively looking for additional threats from the planet and am prepared to dodge, jump, whatever is necessary to evade them.
since I'm getting out anyway, once Flint mentions that there is a decent chance of there being a natural passageway to the brain nearby, I go looking for it.
You leap out of the Jeep and start sprinting northward, making it exactly one square in that direction.

If shooting at it and the "fly me closer, I want to hit it with my sword!" plan fails, use my mass manipulation amplifier to create a blade of force, and slice the starfish in half. Or, if the "hit it with my sword" plan failed because that doesn't work, apply upwards force, so it goes flying overhead, instead of slicing through us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hapu7OLV8k

Assuming I can contact my teammates through the rock: "Hey team, how's it going? Happy dwarf here, slowly dodging magma on my way to the hidden brain stuff."

"You know, that safe area I made you is not going to stay safe for long. Stay there and it'll continue lobbing more dangerous things at you. And the brain will probably be eager to reconnect with the surrounding flesh. And since none of you brought an excavator, you can't exactly follow me safely, unless you get the priest digging."

"So you can stay there, entrench yourself, fight back the growing flesh and hope nothing bad hits you while I do all the work. OR you can make yourselves useful and get ready to start searching for alternate ways of accessing the brain. There might be a tunnel or vent around here. The brain will probably generate lots of heat, after all. Wait until I perform laser brain surgery if you're too scared, but right now just staying there doesn't do anybody any good, it just makes you sitting ducks."

Plus, if I get you moving, then you'll still have a chance to complete the mission, even if I get trapped in here.

I thought that by 30 degrees you meant 30 degrees away from straight downwards. I got a bit confused in the previous turn and failed to notice what you said. I thought the red mode of the rainbow cannon only lasted for a few seconds. That's why I tried to create a safe area around the hole, so that others could more easily protect me while I dug if it took multiple shots to reach the bottom. However, right now, there's little point in them staying here.

I'm not asking for a retcon or anything, just asking for an IC clarification about what's going on with Red mode:

• The red mode always lasted that long. I had simply misunderstood its power.
  • Time moves more slowly due to combat, and that makes it look like red mode is lasting longer.
  • The twin linked generators (battlesuit+backpack) allow red mode to last much longer.
  • I have modified the program controlling the Rainbow Cannon's power output to supply less power to red mode to prolong its effects and make it consume less power.
  • I'm actually using a combination of red mode and mining laser, using the mining laser while the red mode capacitor recharges.
  • I have no IC idea about what the hell is going on, but for some reason red mode seems to be lasting far longer than it should.
  • Something else.
  • Reality has made a mistake. The moment that gets pointed out, I get trapped in molten slag/disappear in a puff of logic.

Well, time is moving pretty slow, and the combination of generators does extend the power of the thing. Mostly though I'm assuming your firing in short bursts. You're already submerged in slag, I'm just assuming that you're moving fast enough that it stays molten around you and doesn't have time to harden before you drill out some more room.

Shoot the thing.
"Why.
Why is it a starfish?
This planet is committing psychological warfare in front of my own eyes."

Lets hope it can't see lasers, or immune to them, put the laser rifle back at minimum diffusion and start doing small sweeps across where the general direction of the starfish is.
Brother Lars readied his PEW.  "Ingram, guide my shots!"

HEP it, dead center, standard shot.
Ulrich Leland. In jeep.

If I feel good enough to aim in general direction of the starfish, then do so and fire Testament: 9 volley twice.
If people fail to stop it, then jump into trench.

Hit
Partial Hit
Hit
Miss

For an instant the madly spinning creature vanishes in a burst of steam and burning flesh as the combined might of several lasers and a Hep bear down on the creature and the area around it. It reemerges an instant later, glowing with heat across its black carapace, a burning yellow-orange comet whizzing across the planets surface. It gets within 50 or so feet of the jeep and then suddenly alters it's movement, flinging itself up into the air and flying like a discus. It passes over the jeep, inches above it, and lands some 30 feet past it, rolling back into a cartwheel and slowing down. It comes to a stop, facing the jeep. Johnothan's head, still in the helmet with part of the spine and random bits of muscle hanging from it, and Ulrich's entire upper body are held in two of the creature's thick tentacle limbs. What remains of the rest of their bodies sit back in the jeep, blood still spurting from them. The Creature's glowing carapace suddenly fades to black, and then leaks condensation as it partially ices over. A single red eye opens in the center of the starfish and it gazes at Lars. Lars doesn't quite catch whats happening until it's too late, and the ugly molten gash opens up across his suit's knees.  The suit's legs crumble under him, but he manages to stay upright, holding himself up with the suit's hands.

The Starfish's eye submerges back into the black flesh and it tosses the corpses onto the skin of the planet before starting to roll back up to speed.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51