Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83747 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2015, 04:14:44 pm »

((Quick post, might made some edits later if I get some time.))

Walk into the hole as I cut. If it looks/feels like I've broken through or am close to doing so, try to point the gun to the side (away from where I'm drilling) and cut power to the beam.
If and when the external capacitor runs out of power, switch to linked internal/external mode and hope the internal capacitor has had enough time to recharge. Then keep moving forward, as fast as I can. If there's a barrier at the end, apply mining laser and punch through it. Kinamp punch if regular doesn't work.
Finally, I have a few kegs of HMRC standard with me. As I move, try to crush them open and use them to cause the molten tunnel below me to cool and solidify while also spraying the absurd amounts of flour I got around. Steve said there's little oxygen here, so it shouldn't be able to burn. If I run out of flour, throw sample containers instead.
((See? I told you pie making materials were vitally important. Why? Because:))
Even if molten slag fall from above the layer of flour and other debris such as broken barrels covering the solidified rock will cause a weak layer to form, allowing me or Lars to more easily punch or laser through it later.
And molten slag falling inside the brain chamber should not be as much of a problem if I'm not directly over the brain because the molten rock is going to touch the fungi flesh which should be full of water and thus capable of absorbing some of its heat and turn the molten rock viscous or even cause some of it to solidify, while at the same time sagging due to loss of water and creating a bowl for the slag to accumulate (remember the video with the red hot ball and the watermelon you posted? The ball barely penetrated that thing due to its water.). Besides, the brain should have drilled itself some drainage holes through the rock. Or have a giant chasm under it if it paid attention to its supervillain lair architecture class.

((This plan is too crazy to fail! Well, not as crazy as tase the brain with the only rainbow cannon mode I know very little about, but still.
Now all I have to hope is that I don't get unlucky and drill directly over the brain...))
i fits full of water then the microwave could be put right up against it and essential boil the flesh off. I knew it would be of use
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2015, 07:06:57 pm »

Drive towards brain trusting Lars to protect us. but keep an eye out in case any get past him and swerve tactfully move out of the way to avoid "Commander Brother Lars Sir do I have permission to use my Gauss rifle when I deem necessary?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:08:31 pm by heroguy111 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2015, 10:41:35 pm »

"Yes, Brother.  May Ingram guide your aim."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

Team A
- Brother Lars, keep covering people, I'll deal with blimp.

Fly up to the blimp, thrust my two-handed sword into the blimp up to the handle near one end of it and the push it all way to another end without pulling out. If it doesn't go down fast at this point, get some acceleration up in the sky and fly though it kinamp fist-first, several times if needed. If there is more than one blimp, apply same technique to the other one(s).

Yaro rockets off into the air like a damn roman candle and manages to get hit only a few times before slamming, sword first, into the living blimp. He hits, rolls like billiard ball glancing off a water bed and spirals off into the sky.

stay alive and safe by our standards

Konrad puts his head between....well, he puts it down by is remaining leg and covers it with his one arm and prays to the various gods Lars is always banging on about for salvation, or at least lesser damnation. Perhaps to the realm of the overly affectionate dogs or dry eyes and head colds.

((Uh PW how did the medicating go?))

Quote from: Turn
...Lyra stops konrad's bleeding...
((no more detail than that, but you aren't dying anymore.))

Do the suits have ports for Saline IVs pre-installed on them? If so, use some from the medkit to help our heavy bleeders recover from their blood loss before shock or additional wounds/bleeding affects them.

You strap a saline bag to their helmet and feed the tube into the suit port.

"Try neowt to pull that oewt."

shoot blimp thing
hey guys lets say we get iin the trench and help our team mate and cut our way to the brain but I will only do it if you guys also do it, I'm going to stick with the team
smiles like a psychopath

Zoidberg fires several carefully aimed and intelligently chosen shots at the blimp, damaging it quite effectively.

Everyone is kinda flabbergasted, frankly.

- Brother Lars, keep covering people, I'll deal with blimp.

"Amen, brother.  May Algis bestow unto me blessings of protection!"

Help cover the jeep with my shiny metal ass as it moves forward.

Lars runs along the jeep in his battlesuit, shielding the vehicle with his ass. At this point he really should have an Algis tramp stamp.

continue not dying and keep head protected as best I can

What? Corsair? What? But I've already talked to you. Why are you here again? Get outta here!

Ulrich Leland, Team A. Location: In jeep.

If my brain feels stable enough to discern ally from enemy then shoot everything that moves and isn't a teammate or gunnerbot. Don't shoot things that were previously teammates.
THERE IS SO MUCH BLOOD IN MY EYES AND EVERYTHING HURTS

Direct the driver to keep us moving towards the nerve cluster. Give him a poke if he doesn't start moving on his own.

"WOOP WOOP MOVE YE ASS DRIVER MAN!" Hasala shouts while slapping billy in the back of the head.

Drive towards brain trusting Lars to protect us. but keep an eye out in case any get past him and swerve tactfully move out of the way to avoid "Commander Brother Lars Sir do I have permission to use my Gauss rifle when I deem necessary?"

Billy manages to drive right into the area with Flint. In fact he Drives straight into the trench that Flint made last turn and gets the jeep quite stuck.

Team C

((Quick post, might made some edits later if I get some time.))

Walk into the hole as I cut. If it looks/feels like I've broken through or am close to doing so, try to point the gun to the side (away from where I'm drilling) and cut power to the beam.
If and when the external capacitor runs out of power, switch to linked internal/external mode and hope the internal capacitor has had enough time to recharge. Then keep moving forward, as fast as I can. If there's a barrier at the end, apply mining laser and punch through it. Kinamp punch if regular doesn't work.
Finally, I have a few kegs of HMRC standard with me. As I move, try to crush them open and use them to cause the molten tunnel below me to cool and solidify while also spraying the absurd amounts of flour I got around. Steve said there's little oxygen here, so it shouldn't be able to burn. If I run out of flour, throw sample containers instead.
((See? I told you pie making materials were vitally important. Why? Because:))
Even if molten slag fall from above the layer of flour and other debris such as broken barrels covering the solidified rock will cause a weak layer to form, allowing me or Lars to more easily punch or laser through it later.
And molten slag falling inside the brain chamber should not be as much of a problem if I'm not directly over the brain because the molten rock is going to touch the fungi flesh which should be full of water and thus capable of absorbing some of its heat and turn the molten rock viscous or even cause some of it to solidify, while at the same time sagging due to loss of water and creating a bowl for the slag to accumulate (remember the video with the red hot ball and the watermelon you posted? The ball barely penetrated that thing due to its water.). Besides, the brain should have drilled itself some drainage holes through the rock. Or have a giant chasm under it if it paid attention to its supervillain lair architecture class.

((This plan is too crazy to fail! Well, not as crazy as tase the brain with the only rainbow cannon mode I know very little about, but still.
Now all I have to hope is that I don't get unlucky and drill directly over the brain...))
I should institute a character limit on your actions you jerk.

Regardless of your majestic and far reaching plan, you don't get to do jack shit other then drill slowly downward because, as it turns out, descending through over 100 feet of solid stone at a 30 degree angle takes quite a fucking while. I'll assume you're slowly turning right too, so you don't end up in an entirely different square.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2015, 11:03:48 pm »

continue shooting the blimp and other enemies, covering the group, while making zoidberg sounds turn on microwave aiming it at the wall of the trench.
wooh! Let roast some shrooms! Perhaps we can turn the jeep so we can drive down this channel!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:06:48 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2015, 02:26:33 am »

Accept saline drip and remain safe as you can be on a planet that wants to kill you
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:25 am »

Ulrich Leland. Location: In jeep.

Rest my brain and meditate.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2015, 09:57:53 am »

Y. Vetrov - up in the sky over Team United

Land on blimp form above and start cutting it thoroughly. If it fails for some reason, kinamp fist punching, go. If it makes no effect, spray namite all over it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:53:40 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2015, 10:17:56 am »

Shoot the blimp.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2015, 11:55:44 am »

I should institute a character limit on your actions you jerk.
((Sorry, just a bit scared and worrying about fucking up the mission, so I sometimes end up doing the below.
As a player, it's vitally important to make sure the GM is reminded of every possible detail that can provide a positive modifier to your chances of success in a critical dice roll.
I'll try to make smaller posts. Didn't know you would be busy until a day or so after I made the post.))

Where am I? How deep am I? What's my rear view camera showing? If I have dug absurdly deep, then it might be time to stop and take a break and make sure I'm not digging a tunnel to the centre of the earth whatever this planet is called.

What's the situation in general? Everything fine? Any problems?

I don't know what's going on or what I should do and I don't want to write a giant wall of if/then/else. If I really need to act, then do what seems reasonable. Do a brain roll if I have to. EDIT: Follow Sword's suggestion if it seems reasonable.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:46:55 am by Parisbre56 »

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2015, 11:12:29 am »

Cry keep an eye out for anything that's not human coming towards us warn friends if I see something dodge if necessary "I knew I was the best driver for the job. I'll just park this here."

-EDIT-
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:23:04 pm by heroguy111 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »

Brother Lars smiles at the jeep.  Delivered safely.  "Orders, commander?"

Stand by and guard.  If nothing else attacks, Raduga the blimp out of the sky.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2015, 04:47:12 pm »

if necessary: dodge. if not necessary: wait for opportunity to be useful without unleashing my amps.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2015, 02:55:25 pm »

Standby, be ready to dodge as needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2015, 11:12:32 am »

Brother Lars smiles at the jeep.  Delivered safely.  "Orders, commander?"

"Everyone stay up here, on guard. There's at least another of those blimps and half a dozen Haebi soldiers that might arrive at any moment, plus whatever else the the planet might throw at us now that we're here. The soldier lifeforms Team A ran into were melee-only. Prioritize the ones with spikes instead of heads, first, they've got scythes in their sides that can cut a jeep in half. I'm going to see how far down Flint's gotten."

Head down the tunnel Flint dug. About how much of the stone melted, and how much evaporated? How deep is the molten stone down where Flint is? Don't go down that far if I'd be submerged, though.

To Flint:
"Try digging side tunnels for the molten stone to drain off into, if you haven't found the nerve cluster cavern, yet."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:14:16 am by swordsmith04 »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51