Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83623 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2015, 08:20:18 pm »

continue driving as ordered
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2015, 08:47:52 pm »

Get up next to Comrade.P with the gauss rifle (AP rounds) and help him out.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:11:57 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2015, 11:59:30 pm »

And of course I gave my only laser weapon to that robot dude.
Goddammit.

((I asked you to lend him your Gauss rifle, not laser rifle. I don't see any action stating you gave him either rifle, either.))

Which is currently southeast, as fast and giving the Haebi as wide a birth as remotely possible.

If Konrad doesn't have us moving noticeably faster than they are, get my chem-thrower out and quickly switch the namite canister out for my Sticky Goop one, then start spraying Goop on the ground directly in front of the Bulldozers, so they run into the still-expanding foam and get stuck.

If they look like they're about to close into near-melee range, use my Mass Manipulation Amplifier to attempt to knock them back, hopefully off their feet (and/or into the Spikeheads, if I didn't manage to disable the Bulldozers).

"I count around 15 of them. Aim for the ones in back if you can, but we need to disable the ones in front, as well. Go for the legs when targeting the armoured ones, if you can.

Konrad, get us away from them, as fast as you can. Due southeast."

((~15 comes from Piecewise via IRC. Note that there's slightly more of the Bulldozers than the Spikeheads.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2015, 12:08:47 am »

Goddammit.

((I asked you to lend him your Gauss rifle, not laser rifle. I don't see any action stating you gave him either rifle, either.))

Which is currently southeast, as fast and giving the Haebi as wide a birth as remotely possible.

If Konrad doesn't have us moving noticeably faster than they are, get my chem-thrower out and quickly switch the namite canister out for my Sticky Goop one, then start spraying Goop on the ground directly in front of the Bulldozers, so they run into the still-expanding foam and get stuck.

If they look like they're about to close into near-melee range, use my Mass Manipulation Amplifier to attempt to knock them back, hopefully off their feet (and/or into the Spikeheads, if I didn't manage to disable the Bulldozers).

"I count around 15 of them. Aim for the ones in back if you can, but we need to disable the ones in front, as well. Go for the legs when targeting the armoured ones, if you can.

((~15 comes from Piecewise via IRC. Note that there's slightly more of the Bulldozers than the Spikeheads.))
"Understood sir"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2015, 12:10:16 am »

Goddammit.

((I implied it, but okay then, retcon time!))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2015, 12:17:55 am »

Team B Lars

Pew pew fire it up with raduga and pray yeah gods kick ass wooooo
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2015, 12:38:00 am »

((I'll assume Flint got an idea about what she meant from her expression/body language to save time.))
"Well..." Flint looked away uncomfortably (not that one could tell from the outside).
"I don't really feel good about leaving you alone... I mean, this damn thing is probably busy with the others but... It's shown it's good at doing many things at once. And it's shown it's good at sensing stuff and adapting."

"If you wanna go on on your own, then... I trust you. Just... if they come for you and you and they're too many to handle, just run towards the others as fast as you can and call for me. I'll fly to you as soon as possible."

((Good thing team A has a flier that can get them out of there.))
Quote from: Lyra to Flint
No split, saddle?
((@body language: Lyra's messages are all about compression of information, but feel free to just tell her when you can't understand her.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2015, 03:51:34 am »

Ulrich Leland, Team B. Location: In jeep.

Cut my arm off with my combat knife, If I cant do it ie. I'm a bitch, have zoltan cut it off. "uh hey guys, ya fuck that I'm not doing that anymore. I'll leave the arm as a preset. Also does that giant monstrosity count as six enemies and can I fire?"

"Here's some good pills for you. Try not to die yet."
((A coagulant booster and painkiller. I included feeding action into my previous post.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2015, 07:55:50 am »

Keep going b towards 2 south 3 east from my position. If I reach it, land and check for nerves. Keep an eye out for hostiles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2015, 08:33:24 am »

still riding along with Flint
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2015, 01:05:15 pm »

If awake, laser any combat forms close enough to reliable hit.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2015, 01:18:26 pm »

Irling Ragnar Jr, Team A

Irking opens his coms. "I assume microwave weapons are tier 3?".

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2015, 02:23:52 pm »

Stand by to repel Haebi with tesla saber. If the big cylinder creature gets near and I have a clear shot, try to take out its legs.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »

Irling Ragnar Jr, Team A

Irking opens his coms. "I assume microwave weapons are tier 3?".
Manipulators and Amplifiers are Tier 3, yes."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

Team A
Goddammit.

Get up next to Comrade.P with the gauss rifle (AP rounds) and help him out.

Y. Vetrov - Team A

Fly a bit above the ground, just enough to be able to shoot those beasts which are inside from above, past the shield-beasts.

I feel you guys may have underestimated the danger here a smidgen.

Welp. Konrad, in his panic, manages to drive himself straight into a fairly large hole and gets the jeep stuck. Hasala fumbles his canisters as he attempts to change to goop. John Opens up with his gauss rifle, firing straight through their armored plows  and into their legs. He manages to fell three of them on his own using this technique, leaving six still charging in. Yaroslov expends over half his battery firing at the spikeheads behind the bulldozers, and manages to take down two of them with sweeping blows to their legs. As the Bulldozers close in, Hasala does his best to shield the Jeep, hurling a wall of force out at the charging creatures. He manages to slow them down a bit and lessen the impact, but he can't stop them completely.

One of the remaining bulldozer creatures slams headlong into the side of the jeep and sends it rolling. Hasala, Irling and Konrad manage to stay in the vehicle, held either by seat belts or by clinging to the roll cage. John gets hurled from the vehicle and lands some distance away, bruised and shaken but uninjured.  The herd breaks and splits as the jeep goes tumbling, running off to either side, except for one of the spike heads, which continues to charge. When it gets close, it raises it's head and slams the spike straight down into the ground. The spike anchors it in place and it's entire body spins around it like a pivot. As it spins, the great scythe blade at its side extends on a long, muscular tendril, using the centrifugal force. It sweeps out, a white blur skimming the ground at near supersonic speeds. It hits the jeep with enough force to cleave straight through the vehicle, long ways.

Hasala manages to partially throw himself from the vehicle, catching only a glancing blow from the blade against his armor. The Sharkmist armor protects him, though it shatters in the process, and the force throws him a dozen feet. Irling, in his attempts to squirm away, gets himself caught in a seatbelt. The blade cleaves him straight in half from groin to forehead, killing him instantly. Konrad can't even get his seatbelt off and the scything blow snips off both his right arm and right leg. The half of the jeep with Konrad -and half of Irling- in it goes bouncing a good 40 feet away.

The spike head that swung the blow was torn apart by the effort, but the rest of the herd is starting to circle around.

Team B

Team B Lars

Pew pew fire it up with raduga and pray yeah gods kick ass wooooo

If awake, laser any combat forms close enough to reliable hit.

Ulrich Leland, Team B. Location: In jeep.

"Everyone with lasers, shoot!"

Feed a coagulant booster and a painkiller to Billy once his arms are cut off and he's safely on the jeep again.

If Bartolomew isn't awake, take his Electro-Spektr, set it in UV, enable Gungnir mode and fire at enemy. Aim to kill.
Otherwise keep driving (towards Lyra) so we won't be sitting target. Should worst come to worst and others fail to stop the beast, shoot 9 volley twice at it with Testament (I hear it can penetrate milnoplate).

In case of complete failure to stop the beast abandon the sinking ship and fly up and south-east with Pimp Bracelet.

Cut my arm off with my combat knife, If I cant do it ie. I'm a bitch, have zoltan cut it off. "uh hey guys, ya fuck that I'm not doing that anymore. I'll leave the arm as a preset. Also does that giant monstrosity count as six enemies and can I fire?"

fuck uhhh...ok just tie something above your elbow. also fire at the beast .
cut his arm off and yank him in to the jeep. once that is done fire at a leg..

Lars opens fire with his laser, but his hits are ineffective at best, laughable at worst; minor injuries that the creature doesn't even seem to notice. Bart wakes up! But he's apparently still dazed because he can't hit a damn thing. Billy is too scared (mind) by the prospect of cutting off his own arm to do it on his own. Zoltan doesn't have such hangups and, via mostly on target hacking, manages to sever billy's arm and hurl him, bleeding, back into the jeep. Ulrich steps on the gas and speeds away as fast as the jeep will go.

The giant creature, charges up to the point where the jeep used to be, chases it for a few seconds and then swells horribly before detonating. A rain of high speed bone shrapnel sprays out from the creature, pelting the area with shards. Team B, luckily a fair distance away, comes off mostly unscathed. The jeep isn't damaged (at least not in any functional way, it has plenty of new piercings) and the only people hit are Bart, who gets clipped in the left arm, and Zoltan, who catches a shot straight to the head, piercing his metal helmet and one of his eyes, but not penetrating deep enough to deal fatal damage. Just really fucking painful damage and potentially fatal loss of suit function.

Team C

Keep going b towards 2 south 3 east from my position. If I reach it, land and check for nerves. Keep an eye out for hostiles.

still riding along with Flint
You make it the two south. Time's moving kinda slow right now.

Stand by to repel Haebi with tesla saber. If the big cylinder creature gets near and I have a clear shot, try to take out its legs.
You came in after I did the turn, so just be glad you're on the jeep and alive.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51