Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81330 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #660 on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:05 pm »

I'll be redoing and reposting the mission payments later.
Don't penalize Flint or the Pilot. I've got ulterior motives guiding them.
He's a general, he can do so if he wants to I assume, unless Steve intervenes.
What I'm saying is, I'm fine with that if he chooses to do so. OOC protection is unnecessary. IC protection is fine and welcome and Steve shall be loved forever.

I didn't even die and got stat loss from 2 different stats?
If you are still alive, then you didn't lose stats. Piecewise said so in the Snapdragon thread. He's just giving stat loss in case you are dead.

That's what I think anyway.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 01, 2015, 12:40:04 pm »

Seeing as Miamoto had Steve electrofry me to stop me trying to use an experimental weapon through the ship's hull, and PW kept taking actions from me and giving results after I got a broken neck, I'm gonna go with "didn't die"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 01, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »

Shhhh I'm not tazing you unconcious, just really twitchy and unable to operate.

What happens to the avatar when you do that? Does it start twitching as well, seeing as how I'm moving the avatar unless wiling myself out of it? Or does the shock break the contact?

Very well then, if that's what you want. In that case, here's my earlier post about payments:

Also, in terms of pay, I'll let miya handle it. 5 tokens per a person, including the dead ones. The pay of any dead people can be distributed as Miya sees fit.

This, though... is a bit of a problem. We have no dead people to distribute their pay as bonuses. And giving no bonus to our people, even though we fulfilled our objectives the best and kept our troops alive, seems a bit unfair. It'd mean it is monetarily beneficial to have your teammates killed off, while cooperating and bringing everyone back (and, in this case, actually fulfilling the objective) means everyone gets less. Snapdragon had 20 tokens to divide for 8 people. 20/8=2,5 tokens average per person. We have 12 people that survived, and if we wanna pay them at least equally well, I'll need 2,5*12=30 tokens. Can I ask for at least this as a budget to work with? We could make a case we should get some more because we actually came home with the goods, but I'll leave that up to your judgement, and won't be unhappy if we don't get any more.

Rescue team, you get one point to put into a stat or skill and 2 tokens. Mostly because you really didn't have to do much. Miya can provide more if he feels someone did something worthy of it.

Well, all the rescue team people on the ship on the other team did get 5 tokens for doing less and less danger (see quote below). That also doesn't sound entirely fair. Would it be possible to also ask for 5 per person here? That's all I'll ask for for them, any more tokens for engine repair crew and such would come out of our general fund (see above).

What about rescue party, do they level up? There was that talk that those who only were in for, like, a handful turns only get the pay.
Ditto this, does that follow for the rescue team? :P
(( I'd say easiest lvl ever, but then I go look at Gyro's thread ))
We'll say rescue team gets 1 point to put into whatever stat or skill, and they get paid their 5 tokens too.

So: 5 tokens for rescue peeps if possible, pilot as well via gm protection. As for the bonuses for missions people, none if I don't get a budget to work with, if I do I need to know my budget.

What I'm saying is, I'm fine with that if he chooses to do so. OOC protection is unnecessary. IC protection is fine and welcome and Steve shall be loved forever.

Yes, this is PW intervening directly. I pm'd him to ask if he could confirm this 'protection' ic, or to outright say there was never any danger whatsoever as Steve, cause otherwise I couldn't possibly justify not having some serious in-game fallout. He responded he would, so there you go, diplomatic immunity. Be happy with it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:27:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #663 on: July 03, 2015, 09:31:28 am »

I didn't even die and got stat loss from 2 different stats?
I'm going by people telling me who is dead. They posted a list, you were marked as dead. If this isn't true, then you don't lose stats.

Shhhh I'm not tazing you unconcious, just really twitchy and unable to operate.

What happens to the avatar when you do that? Does it start twitching as well, seeing as how I'm moving the avatar unless wiling myself out of it? Or does the shock break the contact?

Very well then, if that's what you want. In that case, here's my earlier post about payments:

Also, in terms of pay, I'll let miya handle it. 5 tokens per a person, including the dead ones. The pay of any dead people can be distributed as Miya sees fit.

This, though... is a bit of a problem. We have no dead people to distribute their pay as bonuses. And giving no bonus to our people, even though we fulfilled our objectives the best and kept our troops alive, seems a bit unfair. It'd mean it is monetarily beneficial to have your teammates killed off, while cooperating and bringing everyone back (and, in this case, actually fulfilling the objective) means everyone gets less. Snapdragon had 20 tokens to divide for 8 people. 20/8=2,5 tokens average per person. We have 12 people that survived, and if we wanna pay them at least equally well, I'll need 2,5*12=30 tokens. Can I ask for at least this as a budget to work with? We could make a case we should get some more because we actually came home with the goods, but I'll leave that up to your judgement, and won't be unhappy if we don't get any more.

Rescue team, you get one point to put into a stat or skill and 2 tokens. Mostly because you really didn't have to do much. Miya can provide more if he feels someone did something worthy of it.

Well, all the rescue team people on the ship on the other team did get 5 tokens for doing less and less danger (see quote below). That also doesn't sound entirely fair. Would it be possible to also ask for 5 per person here? That's all I'll ask for for them, any more tokens for engine repair crew and such would come out of our general fund (see above).

What about rescue party, do they level up? There was that talk that those who only were in for, like, a handful turns only get the pay.
Ditto this, does that follow for the rescue team? :P
(( I'd say easiest lvl ever, but then I go look at Gyro's thread ))
We'll say rescue team gets 1 point to put into whatever stat or skill, and they get paid their 5 tokens too.

So: 5 tokens for rescue peeps if possible, pilot as well via gm protection. As for the bonuses for missions people, none if I don't get a budget to work with, if I do I need to know my budget.

Yes, this is PW intervening directly. I pm'd him to ask if he could confirm this 'protection' ic, or to outright say there was never any danger whatsoever as Steve, cause otherwise I couldn't possibly justify not having some serious in-game fallout. He responded he would, so there you go, diplomatic immunity. Be happy with it!

Plot tazers.

And fine, lets give you 30 tokens to distribute.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 05, 2015, 09:44:13 am »

What time is it?

It's PAYDAY BITCHES!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bonus tokens ho!

2: Judas Smythe
3: Ryan Jorgensen
2: Zayne Cavanagh
2: Eddie Gracerei
3: Morul Migrurkeshin
2: Kyle Johnson
2: Ronald
3: Tek
2: Ian Smith
2: Vincent Klart
3: Miyamoto De Bergerac
3: Iveso Zales
3: Duncan Hudson
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:48:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 05, 2015, 04:55:42 pm »

((argle blargle Snapdragon rescue got five tokens what did they do that we didn't wheres my money #steveisasellout))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 05, 2015, 05:49:04 pm »

Our rescue did as well, far as I know.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 05, 2015, 06:11:23 pm »

((argle blargle Snapdragon rescue got five tokens what did they do that we didn't wheres my money #steveisasellout))

The listed amount is our bonus, not our pay.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 05, 2015, 06:20:24 pm »

The listed amount is our bonus, not our pay.
I know, I'm not on that list.

@RC So gyromita rescue gets five token?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 05, 2015, 06:34:04 pm »

That is part of what I asked pw, and he didn't deny it (though he also didn't strictly confirm). Matbe you can shoot him a pm to check?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 05, 2015, 07:51:43 pm »

I'd probably be better suited adding  three token to the wiki then asking and possibly being denied.  ;)
[REDACTED]

So far as I can tell, when the last person to post in a thread edits their post, the thread gets the little (new) button beside it, but doesn't get bumped up to the top of the board.
So that means that this edit will probably be seen by the first person to actually click to the second page of the ER subsubboard. Hello person!

The first to quote this post in the ER ooc thread will win a fabulous prize!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:27:12 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]