Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81360 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #645 on: June 30, 2015, 12:11:31 pm »

((Great. My plan worked. Less people to bribe.

I'm assuming that the shocking includes people in this shuttle only.))

"Now that all noise is gone dear Pilot, what would you say about 4 tokens to go grab Xan's brain for me right now?"

"I got a message a few minutes ago in response to a request I made to Hephaestus. The Doctor wants his brain for an experiment. Just got to drop it off at the infirmary and the nurses there will take care of the rest. And, if all goes well, give us something very useful in return."

Err... Ok. I guess.

Go pick up Xan.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #646 on: June 30, 2015, 01:14:35 pm »

"Excellent! Excellent decision my boy."

"You are doing a great service to the ARMy and to Science. And to a fellow human being. Saving a life is always important. We must not forget our humanity and altruism in this war. After all, altruism is the whole reason this retrieval is happening."

"Just keep your cool, do this smoothly and bring him home and it'll be the easiest tokens you've ever made."

"We'll talk more once you get back. Unless there's something you want to ask right now?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 30, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »

...Wake up?
Wake up and then kool-aid-man my way into the cockpit and gank the pilot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 30, 2015, 02:56:16 pm »

Ugh. Dream happy dreams of helping Science and getting paid, which I won't be able to do thanks to idiot teammates.
And Steve, blame that guy too. What a jerk.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:05 pm »

...Wake up?
Wake up and then kool-aid-man my way into the cockpit and gank the pilot.

Wake up and utilise the mindfuck gun on moron specimen #1
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 30, 2015, 04:02:26 pm »

Did Miya get shocked? If yes, did this unleash the avatar? If not, why not?

Any reason snapdragon's shuttle can't get Xan? Beyond 'because drama llama' that is.

Also, just fyi, I think the Heabi brain should still be protected by the avatar cloak.

((Retroactive rping hoo!))

"Speaker, identify yourself in clear wording, stating your full name and ARM rank, if not I'm throwing you off the channel."
Flint took on a British accent.
"It is I! Arrthur! King of the Brritons! Dost thou not rrecogniseth mine voice?"
"I mean, really, you'd think that after spending a year stuck on an alien death world with someone you'd learn to recognize their voice."
Flint continued normally with mock hurt pride.

"It must be because you're such a good actor, no doubt!

But seriously, you are joking right? This shuttle is a light breeze away from total destruction, and we have more than 15 souls on board, as well as an extremely important Heabi brain sample. Putting all that on the line, and for what? Hell, is there any reason your shuttle can't do it?"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:13:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #651 on: June 30, 2015, 05:04:01 pm »

Think about it this way: how do you sleep at nights while in the avatar? Why did the avatar not go crazy when the Haebi cut you off from it? Obviously, it is not necessary for you to be awake to maintain control. Just connected. I've written more about I it in the OOC thread, but it probably means controlling the avatar is not entirely conscious but must partly rely on some unconscious process.

"Speaker, identify yourself in clear wording, stating your full name and ARM rank, if not I'm throwing you off the channel."
"It is I! Arrthur! King of the Brritons! Dost thou not rrecogniseth mine voice?"
"I mean, really, you'd think that after spending a year stuck on an alien death world with someone you'd learn to recognize their voice."

But seriously, you are joking right?"
"Are you saying that you were joking when you said I was a good  actor? Words hurt, you know."

"This shuttle is a light breeze away from total destruction, and we have more than 15 souls on board, as well as an extremely important Heabi brain sample. Putting all that on the line, and for what?"
"Are you sure? Because from what I see here, you just have some minor engine damage. Some tiny holes in the hull but no damage to hydraulics or electronics... or anything else that is important, really. Should be fine for space flight. Just don't drive through any planets."

"As for why... I remember you risking your life for a much slimmer chance to save another. Are you saying that a much safer rescue operation is out of the question now? That his life is somehow worth less? Why is that? You literally have nothing to lose. It's just a small detour. Completely safe."

"Hell, is there any reason your shuttle can't do it?"
"I have no idea. The universe seems to want this shuttle to rescue him for some reason." ((I have no IC idea why we can't or why you can't deliver the brain and then go back, so I can't respond to that reasonably. The nukes did explode closer to you, so maybe it's because you're closer and he'll be too far away to reach if we wait too long?))

Nunzillor

« Reply #652 on: June 30, 2015, 11:57:26 pm »

Try and wake up if possible.  Otherwise, be an angrily unconscious floor-lump.  Dream of shuttles breaking into pieces.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 12:04:50 am by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 01, 2015, 12:15:57 am »

I just had a funny thought. Who's gonna get Xan into the ship? The only person alive is the pilot, and Xan is whipping through space at hundreds of miles per hour, if memory serves.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #654 on: July 01, 2015, 04:05:36 am »

You're still alive, just unconscious. I suppose matching orbital velocity with Xan shouldn't be difficult.

I just get slightly ahead of him, open the rear hatch, slow down slightly so he flies into the shuttle, close the hatch and return to the Sword.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 01, 2015, 09:31:15 am »

Yeah you know what I mean.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #656 on: July 01, 2015, 10:00:28 am »

Any reason snapdragon's shuttle can't get Xan? Beyond 'because drama llama' that is.

Also, just fyi, I think the Heabi brain should still be protected by the avatar cloak.

((Retroactive rping hoo!))

But seriously, you are joking right? This shuttle is a light breeze away from total destruction, and we have more than 15 souls on board, as well as an extremely important Heabi brain sample. Putting all that on the line, and for what? Hell, is there any reason your shuttle can't do it?"

Shhhh I'm not tazing you unconcious, just really twitchy and unable to operate.

Oh god I keep trying to end this thread and it keeps going.

((Great. My plan worked. Less people to bribe.

I'm assuming that the shocking includes people in this shuttle only.))

"Now that all noise is gone dear Pilot, what would you say about 4 tokens to go grab Xan's brain for me right now?"

"I got a message a few minutes ago in response to a request I made to Hephaestus. The Doctor wants his brain for an experiment. Just got to drop it off at the infirmary and the nurses there will take care of the rest. And, if all goes well, give us something very useful in return."

Err... Ok. I guess.

Go pick up Xan.

>Good choice. I think we have something that might actually make good use of him, for once. Take the following coordinates, we'll cover your escape.

AND THEN YOU GUYS GOT XAN AND EVERYTHING WAS LOVELY FOREVER.

Vincent Klart - Leg bitten off at knee by planet, other leg broken, shot in gut and disemboweled. If tempdead, head hacked off.
Zayne Cavanagh - Shot three times, in heart and lungs. Tempdead. Head hacked off.
Eddie - Lost arm due to sniper shot. Neck broken? Temp dead?
Vincent loses 3 points in dex
Zayne Loses 2 points in End
Eddie loses 1 point dex, 1 point str

Everyone get back on the damn ship, give that brain to the scientists and get yourselves ready, I'm posting the new mission briefings soon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 01, 2015, 10:10:39 am »

I'll be redoing and reposting the mission payments later.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #658 on: July 01, 2015, 10:12:08 am »

I'll be redoing and reposting the mission payments later.
Don't penalize Flint or the Pilot. I've got ulterior motives guiding them.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 01, 2015, 12:26:58 pm »

I didn't even die and got stat loss from 2 different stats?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45