Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81457 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #525 on: June 17, 2015, 10:06:20 pm »

Ask Jobasio to promise to look after the rope end and watch my back generally...
"All right, my friend. Do try not to die out there."
Jobasio solemnly accepts the rope. As solemnly as one can be whilst rather tipsy, anyhow.

>Take control of the rope, do my best to ensure that the two brave repairpersons do not plummet to their doom.
Also, remember about my cam-eye, turn it on and see if I can use that to see the enemy projectiles outside. Perhaps it will give me a moment's warning when one's about to connect.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 17, 2015, 11:59:36 pm »

"I'm all strapped in. There's no reason to hold a rope tied to a person, just tie it off on me."

Goddamn, some of these people are thick in the skull, Ryan thinks to himself.

Offer self up as anchor point.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 18, 2015, 02:31:05 am »

"I'm really unsure about using people as anchorpoints, especially as we have weight problems."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:52:29 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #528 on: June 18, 2015, 11:59:32 am »

Swap brain for the other one, check its mindpoints (send eeg to Kyle, but it's been resting for quite a while now).

Iveso action in case he doesn't show up: keep flying!
Action for people not posting that are in the ship (and. Ot a pilot): help hold that rope steady, so the two repairguys can work easier.

"If there's any handy guy on ship who could help fix that engine, now would be a pretty good time to reveal yourself! Tie a rope around yourself so you don't fall off to the planet, and ask Steve for instructions."

((Prae, once your fuel is gone, if we aren't stable by then, we'll have to have Iveso exit and dump the suit. But that'll be dangerous, and I'd rather not make another char do something so dangerous without their player consenting.))
Keep flying.

[Sorry about the big delay between posts. Still without internet in the apartment.]
You switch out the brain and use it to the red line pushing the ship up as well. It's difficult to do; pushing with enough force to matter but not damaging the ship by hurling it, uncontrolled, upwards.

Iveso pushes his rocket pack till it finally gives out, the fuel expended.

Wake up, wish I hadn't
Pretty sure you've been awake and generally not able to do much this entire time.

Whistle louder. Eventually succumb to pressure, and get out to fix the engines, with rope tied from waist to something held down and sturdy (not Miyamoto). Ask Jobasio to promise to look after the rope end and watch my back generally...

Absolutely work with Tek. Ask him to go out first due to my lack of battle-testing.

((I keep the dialogue, but strike out the actions... I think that's okay.))

Damn it.

"Hmm?  Oh sure, Tek can come out and help too..."

Also tie rope around Tek's waist, tying the end to something sturdy on the shuttle or giving it to a strong teammate, and head out to repair the engines, helping Duncan and accepting input from Steve on how to best do it.

To be 100% clear: Duncan and Tek are both going outside to repair the shuttle, comb save them.  They're going to help eachother, and also accept input from Steve.

"I'm all strapped in. There's no reason to hold a rope tied to a person, just tie it off on me."

Goddamn, some of these people are thick in the skull, Ryan thinks to himself.

Offer self up as anchor point.
Ask Jobasio to promise to look after the rope end and watch my back generally...
"All right, my friend. Do try not to die out there."
Jobasio solemnly accepts the rope. As solemnly as one can be whilst rather tipsy, anyhow.

>Take control of the rope, do my best to ensure that the two brave repairpersons do not plummet to their doom.
Also, remember about my cam-eye, turn it on and see if I can use that to see the enemy projectiles outside. Perhaps it will give me a moment's warning when one's about to connect.

Tek and Duncan get themselves tied in and then hand the rope off to their teammates before walking over to the rear hatch and hitting the open button. A red warning light and accompanying siren fills the passenger compartment as the door begins to open. The wind shrieks as the door opens, a gale that fills the passenger compartment and swirls about at random like a tornado in a jar. It subsides as the door finishes opening, revealing a wide, dull sky laced with rapidly flowing black smoke and the curvature of the planet below. The two men walk out onto the open hatch and then carefully sidle along to the side of the ship before climbing out, using the various handholds and rungs welded along the shuttle. The port side engines are balls of flame and smoke, their metal forms barely visible as they occasionally jerk and twist on their mountings, coughing spurts of flame as some internal functionality temporarily rights itself, only to fail a moment later. The ship jerks into the air with a sudden burst of thrust, Miya's invisible space magic shoving, and both men have to hold on desperately to stop from losing their grip.

>The first thing you'll need to do is to get over to the engine itself and shut it down. Trying to work on it while it's still active isn't going to do anything but kill you.

"If there's any handy guy on ship who could help fix that engine, now would be a pretty good time to reveal yourself! Tie a rope around yourself so you don't fall off to the planet, and ask Steve for instructions."

I-I would help, but I'm piloting.

Continue piloting.
The ship continues to climb but it's almost completely out of your hands, thanks to a large part of the thrust coming from below, from the two guys in power armor. You use the ship's thrust to help as best you can, and keep things steady and flying in the right direction, but as their help starts to fail, the ship starts to sink again.

Nunzillor

« Reply #529 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:16 pm »

This will not be easy...
"We're going to temporarily shut down the port side engines per Steve's instructions so that we can begin repairs.  They're barely functional anyway, so hopefully it won't affect our altitude too much.

Steve, please guide us through the actual steps of turning off the engines.  That should help to minimize the chance of error..."

Begin carefully shutting down the engines, one at a time under Steve's guidance.  After shutting one down, repair it according to Steve's instructions before moving to the next, shutting that one down, and repairing it.  Give Duncan any help he might need, and accept any help Duncan offers that Tek needs.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:23:37 pm by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 18, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »

Help. Make sure Tek understands what parts Steve is referring to. Take few risks.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 18, 2015, 12:56:31 pm »

is there anything else I could do to help our situation? Would taking the pilot and dumping his assault suit help us out a reasonable amount? Or is it a case of 'engine fixed, you live, engine dies, you die'? Note that decreasing weight won't help that much as long as we have no thrust. Either way, start climbing to Iveso and grab hold on the shuttle somewhere near, so we'll be ready to do it if needed. Maybe try to stick him to the shuttle using sticky goop?

Also, where are all those other shuttles?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:01:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 18, 2015, 12:57:17 pm »

Wait for hilarity. Formulate Backup Plan Zeta.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 18, 2015, 03:57:55 pm »

"Backup plan Zeta? Now what does that entail?"

Duncan should probably be concentrating on repairs.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:49:17 pm by NJW2000 »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 18, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »

Judas looks up from where he was lost in thought to see what looked like two guys holding a rope leading outside the ship.

"Is that rope tied to anything or are you just holding it?"

Look around for a sturdy anchor point for the rope.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 18, 2015, 06:21:15 pm »

Brain rest more.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 18, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

Shout words of encouragement.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 18, 2015, 08:22:33 pm »

Just keep a good grip on some surface. And if it is -really- needed to get rid of the battle suit to lighten the ship, get out of it and keep holding on whatever can be used for holding.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 19, 2015, 12:36:26 am »

"Are you blind? It's tied around me. I'm way too weak to hold the fucking thing." Ryan points to the rope tied about his torso, and the buckles keeping him strapped in and sighs.

"general Miyamoto, sir? This has been an eye-opening first mission. I hope we don't tackle many entire planets like this."

Keep sane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 19, 2015, 12:39:10 am »

Ensure the rope remains secure. Keep scanning for incoming missiles with my cameye, be prepared to dodge if one gets through.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45