Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81578 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2015, 01:31:43 pm »

((I think the rescue should get here next turn, if I didn't miscount/misinterpret.))

"Stand fast soldiers, evac is coming! Just a little more!

Iveso, if the shuttle can't land you'll get to fly the brain up first thing to secure it, but for now I'll hang on to it."

Is there a way we could create a safe LZ for the shuttles to land (aka so loading stuff up goes faster)? Could I perhaps create a permanent forcewall around the (previously) cleared area a meter or two high (cylinder shaped) so that the fungus can't get to us? How many mindpoints would it take more or less? If it's something that should work, do so, then clear away fungus in immediate area with my newly reclaimed namite thrower.

If not a feasible plan, would it be possible to load up everything while the shuttles are hovering a dozen meters (or more, I dunno?) aboveground? What about me and Iveso? Oh, and what are the shuttles that were originally in orbit doing? Can I assume these are also coming down, being guided by Steve/autopilot?

Radio channel to shuttles:

"Gyromitra actual to shuttles, be advised, LZ is still hot. We'll try to clear it now, but if we can't it's gonna be airlifting everything up. Be prepared for either."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:50:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2015, 02:26:50 pm »

"For those who can, I would try freezing the ground to clear an LZ, it worked rather well for me. Made the fungus brittle and easy to break. I believe that they will need some sort visual signal in order to see where we are, anyone have any ideas?"

Begin freezing the fungus ground around us, then proceed to smash it once it is brittle. Don't freeze the ground over the trench or the brain hole, just clear an LZ adjacent to them so I do not freeze my team mates. Only try getting them out of the trench if I am absolutely sure that I will not hurt or kill them.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:18:49 pm by HavingPhun »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2015, 02:39:49 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAawait I'm alive. Excellent. Wait, oh shit.

I'm where the jeep used to be if anyone can hear this and is not dead! I have no way to really get out except for a mindfuck gun and I really don't wanna use that when I'm under it!"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nunzillor

« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2015, 03:00:55 pm »

"You have an amp so that makes sense, but Tek is a little paranoid about using his manipulator for non-precision work, so... good luck.  He will focus on freeing the wounded, if he can."

Shovel!  Start digging up the flesh near where I think the guy with all the heads is.  If it can't cut through the flesh at first, precisely sharpen the edge of it first with the manipulator.  If by some miracle this actually works, dump all the sand out of my backpack, then stuff any heads I'm tossed in there.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:36:58 pm by Nunzillor »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

Quote from: Kyle to M20 crew
help
Be stuck under flesh

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2015, 04:12:34 pm »

"Does anyone still alive have an unsealed suit? Because I have a plan."

If everyone who's alive has an intact suit, start burning the flesh off of them. Otherwise, continue to burninate the countryside to clear a landing zone.

((Schrodinger's Flamer is a plain old jellied fuel type, not Namite.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2015, 05:18:09 pm »

Radio channel to shuttles:

"Gyromitra actual to shuttles, be advised, LZ is still hot. We'll try to clear it now, but if we can't it's gonna be airlifting everything up. Be prepared for either."

To Miyamoto:
Understood.

Prepare for either landing or airlift, depending on further messages.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2015, 05:43:04 pm »

"Yeah, I'm down in the trench with a bunch of heads and a shovel! I'd much rather not piss off the flesh too much with this cargo!" Ryan says, transmitting it to both the ground and rescue team.

Huddle, team! We gotta put our heads together on this one! If a hole above us opens up, toss the heads through it, then get through it myself!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:05:52 pm by Pufferfish »

Nunzillor

« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »

"Tek is going to try to create a gap in the flesh near you.  You may want to get ready to get out."

((I'm never sure if my actions are terrible or decent.  Hopefully this won't be largely ineffectual and cause the flesh to lash out.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:42:01 pm by Nunzillor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2015, 09:53:36 pm »

"An LZ so hot it'd melt the ice in your brandy. Lovely."
Jobasio chuckles at his own wit, tapping a foot as he waits for the shuttle to land.
"This should be... interesting."

Keep the rescue team's morale buoyant by cracking jokes about our impending demise. Hey, it runs in the family.
Also ensure my sunglasses are on and my cutlass is sheathed at my side, ready to prune the shit outta this bitch.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2015, 11:12:27 am »

Continue lasering the Flesh around me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »

Continue the lightning
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »

Make sure the wench and cable are good to go! Look for a hook or something on the end of the cable.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2015, 03:01:54 pm »

"Tek is going to try to create a gap in the flesh near you.  You may want to get ready to get out."

((I'm never sure if my actions are terrible or decent.  Hopefully this won't be largely ineffectual and cause the flesh to lash out.))

"Gotcha. I have a pile of heads to huck out first. Get ready to grab them."
Action edited.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2015, 07:56:04 pm »

Just wait for now and keep guarding the area. If the shuttle doesn't land, take the brain and fly.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45