Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81638 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2015, 08:07:29 pm »

((That is correct.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 03, 2015, 09:26:44 pm »

"Hey," Xael peers at his nametag. "Jobasio. has anyone ever told you that naming your gun is kinda weird?"
She look warily at the garishly decorated rifle. "I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, just a bit unusual, is all."

Insure that Red Hand is set to a suitably deadly mode. Not that that has anything to do with mentioning the veteran's choice in companion.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:36 am »

Jobasio stops, sitting still for a moment to let that sink in.
When he speaks his tone is less than pleased. One could even say quietly furious! That's like regular furious, but much more dignified!
"You will refer to her as Agent Whig, rookie, and you will do so with the utmost respect," He says to Xael with a scowl, then adds in a slightly less-harsh tone, "And she certainly is anything but usual. She's saved my life... numerous times, and perhaps if you stay close, keep yourself together and don't get on her bad side, she will do the same for you before long."

Having said that he gives Whig a friendly, perhaps placating, pat on the stock, then sits back in his seat and looks slowly over to where a convenient scenic window would be if, indeed, the shuttle had scenic windows.
"We shall all need a fair bit of help, grit and luck to make it through this nonsense alive, no doubt."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2015, 09:11:02 am »

"Ahahahahahahaha"
Continue spraying lightning, work on reclaiming the previously cleared area
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2015, 10:46:38 am »

Continue trying to wake up for third turn running, crawl under jeep wreckage if waking
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:13 am »

Quote from: Message to Ground Team
Status update?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2015, 11:47:42 am »

Quote from: Kyle update
I am stuck under a layer of skin. It is dark. I fear I will become a mole person.  Send help. And booze.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2015, 12:18:19 pm »

Quote from: Ryan to shuttle
Like I said, I'm under the flesh right now. I've got heads ready for transport, and a few people still kicking with me.

Do my best not to end up like the severed heads.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2015, 12:21:08 pm »

Status update?

Fungus berserking, it'll be difficult to land safely. Try to maybe hover a ways aboveground instead of immediately landing, or at least wait till the distraction goes off. If we cannot create a safe LZ I'll have Iveso fly everyone up. Touching down now will just get the shuttle damaged.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2015, 01:30:45 pm »

Status update?

Fungus berserking, it'll be difficult to land safely. Try to maybe hover a ways aboveground instead of immediately landing, or at least wait till the distraction goes off. If we cannot create a safe LZ I'll have Iveso fly everyone up. Touching down now will just get the shuttle damaged.

I-I'll try my best to hover the shuttle.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2015, 08:54:53 pm »

Land and wait for the brain to be passed to him. Keep some distance to avoid being shot while he tries to open a new path.
"I am getting down here and ready to take the brain!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2015, 12:12:54 am »

Bust out from beneath the flesh, using my mass amp if a little extra power is needed, then proceed to burn everything that isn't a teammate or mission objective with Schrodinger's Flamer.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2015, 09:59:34 am »

Look around the shuttle for anything we could use to hoist people up. Rope ladders, baskets, flock of African swallows, whatever.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2015, 10:10:45 am »

Duncan: "My god! We forgot to bring rescue gear? Do we have an plan at all for surviving this? Actually, please don't tell me if the answer isn't yes. In that case, I'd rather not know."

Try and make rope from empty snack bag and cheese straws.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #374 on: June 05, 2015, 01:27:05 pm »

RESCUE

Duncan: "My god! We forgot to bring rescue gear? Do we have an plan at all for surviving this? Actually, please don't tell me if the answer isn't yes. In that case, I'd rather not know."

Try and make rope from empty snack bag and cheese straws.

You make exactly one thing: A mess.

"Hey," Xael peers at his nametag. "Jobasio. has anyone ever told you that naming your gun is kinda weird?"
She look warily at the garishly decorated rifle. "I mean, I'm not complaining or anything, just a bit unusual, is all."

Insure that Red Hand is set to a suitably deadly mode. Not that that has anything to do with mentioning the veteran's choice in companion.
It's as deadly as a red hand can get. Which isn't terribly.

Look around the shuttle for anything we could use to hoist people up. Rope ladders, baskets, flock of African swallows, whatever.
But what is the flight speed of a laden african swallow? Particularly one laden with a half dozen people and several giant robots. I'm guessing 0.

There's some metal cabling and a wench in the back of the shuttle. Uncertain on the weight it can carry though.

GROUND

Hello Darkness my old friend.
Ah, acceptance. The last phase of grieving.

"Team, stay clear of the hole, I might need to use my laser!"

Clear the fungus with the laser set to minimal power, max diffusion. Increase power if needed, but try not to hit the walls of the hole. If this turns out to be too difficult/too much of a hassle, power straight through the flesh while climbing up, punching it with kinamp if needed. Start climbing up towards the surface, be careful not to fall (if that means it takes an extra turn to get all the way up, so be it).

You grumble and just climb up out of the hole, tearing your way through the flesh with your brute strength. You come across the scene of lots of people half in, half out of the flesh, more clearly struggling under it, and one guy screaming starwars quotes as he sith lightnings the ground with reckless abandon. Huh.

Laser the flesh around me, before switching to my hand cannon and firing a molten shell a far as I can.
You slice a hole in the flesh above you and proceed to shoot a molten shell straight up through it. It sails off away from you and the rest of the team, landing a hundred or so feet away and bursting into flame. Very effective...against the flesh all the way over there. No Help for the flesh on top of you though.

"Augh, stuck!"

Carefully cut the flesh near my waist with the most effective cutting tool I have.  Then, continue through all the way.  Don't go near the brain hole.

If successful, scan the nearby hellscape.  Anything particularly worrisome nearby?

You take out the monoatomic razor and hack your way out before dragging yourself up onto the top of the flesh. Nothing more worrisome out here then normal. I mean, the ground is randomly starting to sprout knives, but thats par for the course.

((I figure since heat isn't working I'll freeze it, I'm thinking along the lines of how people freeze things with liquid nitrogen and they shatter like glass.))

Keep away from the brain and other people. Freeze a chunk of the flesh that is above me (I am in the trench), and then attempt to smash it open once it is so cold that is shatters. If I suceed, check out the area, and try to find some cover.

Edit: Microwave amps can freeze things correct?
Getting out is effective, but finding cover isn't. There's really nothing that can protect you around here. In fact, it's basically the opposite.

"Ahahahahahahaha"
Continue spraying lightning, work on reclaiming the previously cleared area
You continue to just casually wander around, spraying electricity and shouting.

Continue trying to wake up for third turn running, crawl under jeep wreckage if waking
This time you actually do manage to wake up! Under a bunch of flesh, confused and disoriented, but awake at least.

Quote from: Ryan to shuttle
Like I said, I'm under the flesh right now. I've got heads ready for transport, and a few people still kicking with me.

Do my best not to end up like the severed heads.
You huddle with your armful of severed heads. They are oddly comforting, for what they are.

Land and wait for the brain to be passed to him. Keep some distance to avoid being shot while he tries to open a new path.
"I am getting down here and ready to take the brain!"
You land next to miya and pantomime being open for a pass. He shakes his head at you. Aw.

Bust out from beneath the flesh, using my mass amp if a little extra power is needed, then proceed to burn everything that isn't a teammate or mission objective with Schrodinger's Flamer.
You get up and out and start clearing away the flesh in the area, but not above teammates. For the obvious friendly fire reasons.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45