Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81704 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2015, 12:55:12 pm »

((Is it correct that the flesh is on top of us all?))

Cut through the flesh directly on top of me with the monoatomic razor (or combat knife, whichever is most effective) and go through the hole.  Then, carefully burn away a small portion of the flesh directly around me, being sure to not burn any friendlies.  Don't go overboard.
"We've got to clear the trench!  Cut through and clear!"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:41:23 pm by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »

((On shuttle))

Carefully examine Friable Wishes for eggs, colours, light sources, etc.

((If I can even do this))
One wheel short of a wagon

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2015, 05:40:48 pm »

"Augh! Personal space! Personal space!"
Lightning. Lightning everywhere.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2015, 06:29:21 pm »

Quote from: Ryan to shuttle team
I've got a stack of bodies down here, and I'm buried under the flesh! I don't want to risk frying us all with my microwave PK so I'm hacking the heads off now, just make sure you get us out alive!

So, I'm buried in the trench? Is it compressing us in the trench? If I have a little leeway, hack those heads off with a shovel.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2015, 10:26:22 pm »

Jobasio idly fidgets in his seat, checking and re-checking the load of his gauss rifle and giving it the occasional fond stroke of a hand.
He doesn't seem particularly worried about the situation, in fact for now he seems quite serene.

"I never was much for gardening. I suppose a bit of pruning can't be overly difficult if you aren't worried about the plants surviving, hmm? Oh, I see we have a volunteer for piloting. Let's hope he doesn't kill us all before the planet can. I would most assuredly do a better job."
He grumbles the last part, then resumes his calm expression as he waits to land.

Check my gear and wait to land.
Pilot the shuttle to the safest landing place if the other guy changes his mind.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2015, 01:53:52 am »

Duncan wipes the blood off the bag of snacks, and, after eating enough to restore his blood sugar level to manageable heights, offers them round.

Offer snacks to other people on shuttle, as starting gesture of comradeship.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:30:07 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2015, 03:59:32 am »

Accept snacks from that other guy. And then proceed to take this as an invitation to consume more.

Hell, just take the whole bag.

"Mmmf, thankya kindly, whatsit. These sure hit -hrmph- the Ol' spot, if ya know what I mean. Mmm. Mmmmmmmmmmm."

Edit: Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:01:42 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2015, 09:22:20 am »

Do my level fucking best to wake up before I get eaten. If I wake up, roll out of jeep and crawl under it
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:24 am »

RESCUE TEAM
Shuttle peeps!

Who's got the best aux skill? I have +1, so unless anyone has higher, shall we assume I'm piloting?
Alright, consider yourself pilot. Hope you're good at it.

((On shuttle))

Carefully examine Friable Wishes for eggs, colours, light sources, etc.

((If I can even do this))
Like I said before, they're basically just geometrically shaped little candy looking things. They look kind of like fruit gushers or maybe sugary d20s.
Jobasio idly fidgets in his seat, checking and re-checking the load of his gauss rifle and giving it the occasional fond stroke of a hand.
He doesn't seem particularly worried about the situation, in fact for now he seems quite serene.

"I never was much for gardening. I suppose a bit of pruning can't be overly difficult if you aren't worried about the plants surviving, hmm? Oh, I see we have a volunteer for piloting. Let's hope he doesn't kill us all before the planet can. I would most assuredly do a better job."
He grumbles the last part, then resumes his calm expression as he waits to land.

Check my gear and wait to land.
Pilot the shuttle to the safest landing place if the other guy changes his mind.

You wait around in the ship, stroking Whig.
Duncan wipes the blood of the bag of snacks, and, after eating enough to restore his blood sugar level to manageable heights, offers them round.

Offer snacks to other people on shuttle, as starting gesture of comradeship.
You offer snacks to other people, but the only one who seems interested vanishes into non-existence a moment later. Weird.

GROUND TEAM
Try to force myself through the fungus using the avatar's massive strength. If it doesn't work, use the laser at high diffusion/low-medium intensity to cut myself free/burn away the fungus. Be very careful not to damage the Haebi brain!

If I reach the hole, tear/laser off the rest of the flesh so I'm no longer constricted. Start climbing up, try to store the cloak with brain somewhere it won't fall off of me, and so that if I fall I won't land on top of it like a chump.

Could Iveso fly down and grab the brain to fly it up more safely? Does climbing up require a roll, with potential catastrophy if it's a bad one? If yes to both, give him the brain if he comes down here this turn. If he doesn't come down, start climbing up anyway. Tick tock goes the clock and such.

((I can assume the brain is safely inside the cloak, right? How much protection would that give it?))

"Iveso, get down here if you can, flying out the brain might be safer than me.climbing with it."

(The cloak gives it plenty of protection. And I'll assume you're keeping one hand around it, and have it pressed up against your chest. So unless I specify that it is in danger, assume it's fine for the moment)

You crawl your way through the fungus, slowly tearing through it as it mutates and forms new structures around you. Finding the hole isn't easy; the flesh has grown back over it. You spend a bit punching at the ceiling until you finally manage to put your fist straight through the fleshy plug covering the opening. You expect light to stream in from the outside world but instead all you get is more darkness and a new layer of flesh up above. Things seem to be going great for the team up there.

Cut it with lasers. All the lasers.

You fire up into the flesh, slicing away at it. You mange to cut it fairly easily, but the stuff just keeps healing and rejoining.

((Is it correct that the flesh is on top of us all?))

Cut through the flesh directly on top of me with the monoatomic razor (or combat knife, whichever is most effective) and go through the hole.  Then, carefully burn away a small portion of the flesh directly around me, being sure to not burn any friendlies.  Don't go overboard.
"We've got to clear the trench!  Cut through and clear!"
You hack a hole in the flesh and crawl up and out of it. As you're about halfway through, the flesh closes in around your waist and grabs you.

"Augh! Personal space! Personal space!"
Lightning. Lightning everywhere.
https://youtu.be/0D8i8QGgz0k

You quickly obliterate the flesh directly above you and leap out of the trench.

Quote from: Ryan to shuttle team
I've got a stack of bodies down here, and I'm buried under the flesh! I don't want to risk frying us all with my microwave PK so I'm hacking the heads off now, just make sure you get us out alive!

So, I'm buried in the trench? Is it compressing us in the trench? If I have a little leeway, hack those heads off with a shovel.
The flesh has kind of covered the trench without going into it, like a tarp stretched across a hole. You're not too badly constrained in here, so you head over to the bodies and make ready to...prepare them for travel, so to speak.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2015, 11:43:14 am »

Hello Darkness my old friend.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2015, 11:45:09 am »

"Team, stay clear of the hole, I might need to use my laser!"

Clear the fungus with the laser set to minimal power, max diffusion. Increase power if needed, but try not to hit the walls of the hole. If this turns out to be too difficult/too much of a hassle, power straight through the flesh while climbing up, punching it with kinamp if needed. Start climbing up towards the surface, be careful not to fall (if that means it takes an extra turn to get all the way up, so be it).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2015, 12:48:10 pm »

Laser the flesh around me, before switching to my hand cannon and firing a molten shell a far as I can.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Nunzillor

« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2015, 02:51:23 pm »

"Augh, stuck!"

Carefully cut the flesh near my waist with the most effective cutting tool I have.  Then, continue through all the way.  Don't go near the brain hole.

If successful, scan the nearby hellscape.  Anything particularly worrisome nearby?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:40:41 am by Nunzillor »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2015, 06:45:36 pm »

(( I just became full cyborg now didn't I? Daaaaawww, I was hoping this temp death may have still allowed me to be mostly human,. Oh well, full cyborg is better than full death I guess =P))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 03, 2015, 08:02:11 pm »

((I figure since heat isn't working I'll freeze it, I'm thinking along the lines of how people freeze things with liquid nitrogen and they shatter like glass.))

Keep away from the brain and other people. Freeze a chunk of the flesh that is above me (I am in the trench), and then attempt to smash it open once it is so cold that is shatters. If I suceed, check out the area, and try to find some cover.

Edit: Microwave amps can freeze things correct?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 45