Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81658 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2015, 02:10:05 pm »

Hide in the trench, get my gauss pistol out. Be ready to either shoot the haebi with that, or burn them with my amp, if they get to close. Don't be too courageous (as usual).

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2015, 02:47:37 pm »

"Calling incoming shuttles, this is Gyromitra actual, come in shuttle."
We read you. What's your situation?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2015, 03:54:03 pm »

We read you. What's your situation?

"Taddok, is that you? Come to rescue us mudsloggers eh? Shit's FUBAR down here, as usual. We have several wounded, some tempdeads. I'm down in the cave, dug my way in, gonna start cutting the brain. Rest is up above holding the line on the perimeter we cleared. Note, once I have severed the connection the fungus might go into uncoordinated overdrive, so we will need to get out ASAP. Touchdown and dustoff within a few minutes at most if we can, I'll try to time it so I am back up the surface by then. Make sure your team is ready and knows what to do when they hop out. We'll need people to help strap in the wounded and dead, the rest can busy themselves shooting crazy mushrooms. Land on the cleared ground so the flesh doesn't eat the shuttle if you can manage it. Oh, and ask Steve what he'll do with the shuttles that were already waiting for us, maybe he can still send them down. At least that should increase our chances of a shuttle making it down and back up, give the planet something else to shoot at.

Did you get all that?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2015, 04:08:00 pm »

En route.

"So, do we have a plan?"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2015, 07:11:06 pm »

Resist temp (and perma) death for as long as I can
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:32 pm »

Channel my inner dead body helpfulness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2015, 11:13:11 pm »

((So I'm the organizer, then? Alright.))

Quote from: Message To Miya
Roger. This is gonna be a bitch.

Quote from: Message To Rest of Ground Team
Listen up, 'cause I'm not gonna go through this twice.

People with close range weapons, you're the corpse wagon. Each of you find someone who can't move easy on his own, make him your responsibility. When we touch down, you haul both your asses to the shuttle. And for God's sake buddy up now, we can't spare the time later.

People that are good with a gun, amp, whatever, use your discretion. If there are many wounded see about getting them to the evac, if you think you can suppress the enemy then do that. I trust your judgment, don't make me regret it.

And anyone that can, put up some kind of landing zone, or at least the shuttle a target to aim for. We don't need to bring this thing down on your heads and squash you flat, and if we miss the target area you are all well and truly fucked. Don't know exactly how you can mark the LZ, but one of you has to be smart or at least clever, figure it out.

If you have a better plan then spill it, and if you don't then get on with it. Time is the one thing we don't have to waste.

Quote from: Message To Steve
How are we gonna get Miya's fat ass off the planet? Don't think we can fit in the shuttle, boss.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2015, 02:57:28 am »

(On incoming shuttle)

Duncan: Erm... is anbody actually steering this? There just seems to be rather a lot of turbulence... Some idiot spilled a drink on my shirt... finders keepers, I guess...

*Rapid slurping over intercom*
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2015, 04:19:58 am »

((So I'm the organizer, then? Alright.))

Quote from: Message To Miya
Roger. This is gonna be a bitch.

Quote from: Message To Rest of Ground Team
Listen up, 'cause I'm not gonna go through this twice.

People with close range weapons, you're the corpse wagon. Each of you find someone who can't move easy on his own, make him your responsibility. When we touch down, you haul both your asses to the shuttle. And for God's sake buddy up now, we can't spare the time later.

People that are good with a gun, amp, whatever, use your discretion. If there are many wounded see about getting them to the evac, if you think you can suppress the enemy then do that. I trust your judgment, don't make me regret it.

And anyone that can, put up some kind of landing zone, or at least the shuttle a target to aim for. We don't need to bring this thing down on your heads and squash you flat, and if we miss the target area you are all well and truly fucked. Don't know exactly how you can mark the LZ, but one of you has to be smart or at least clever, figure it out.

If you have a better plan then spill it, and if you don't then get on with it. Time is the one thing we don't have to waste.

Quote from: Message To Steve
How are we gonna get Miya's fat ass off the planet? Don't think we can fit in the shuttle, boss.

((Hey, why not right?))

Quote from: message back
Isn't it most of the time? Be happy you missed the start of the party.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2015, 11:01:29 am »

RESCUE TEAM
(TIME TILL LANDING:4 TURNS *Including this one*)
En route.

"So, do we have a plan?"

GROUND TEAM
I was under the impression that the MCP-IIs medical system was a straight rip of the MK-IIs, and would therefore apply drugs until you either expire or wake up
It is, but the MKII never gave you drugs till you woke up. It just kept bleeding and pain under control, and prevented you from dying in vacuum. If you want to try and wake up, thats a straight END roll. Which I rolled and you got a three on so...you're a little less unconscious.

"Yes, once the brain is cut they should loose their ability to intelligently adapt, but please don't start doing dumb shit or randomly attacking, we just need to defend ourselves and get out of here, not kill as much as we can."

While spreading out his cloak, Miya opens his comm link to their incoming escape plan.

You slice the bundle of nerves at the top and bottom, cleanly carving it away from it's anchor points on the roof and floor. You dump the entire mass of flesh, extraneous nerves and all, into the cloak sack and start crawling out. The flesh around you literally loses it's mind. It peels itself off the walls and starts randomly stabbing at the floor, ceiling and walls, it wraps itself around you like a wet blanket and constricts. It stabs and writhes and makes it very very hard to move.

Pew Pew anything that looks at me funny.
Heat a basketball-sized portion of the center of mass of any imminent threat to self by a few hundred degrees.

If no immediate danger to self is present, check the health of the manipulator brain.

Zap any Haebi that gets too close
Jump into the trench, prepare to fire my hand cannon.
Hide in the trench, get my gauss pistol out. Be ready to either shoot the haebi with that, or burn them with my amp, if they get to close. Don't be too courageous (as usual).
Resist temp (and perma) death for as long as I can
Outside, things start to get very odd. The flesh starts tearing itself up from the ground and writhing uncontrollably, forming strange shapes, tissues and organs seemingly without reason. A group of venus flytrap like mouths erupts near the team and starts snapping about randomly, biting out chunks of stone and bits of flesh with wild abandon. A wave of flesh 15 feet high rolls across the plains of stone and over the team. Flesh flops wetly down across the entire previously burnt away area, including the hole and the entire team.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2015, 11:38:52 am »

Cut it with lasers. All the lasers.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2015, 12:05:55 pm »

Try to force myself through the fungus using the avatar's massive strength. If it doesn't work, use the laser at high diffusion/low-medium intensity to cut myself free/burn away the fungus. Be very careful not to damage the Haebi brain!

If I reach the hole, tear/laser off the rest of the flesh so I'm no longer constricted. Start climbing up, try to store the cloak with brain somewhere it won't fall off of me, and so that if I fall I won't land on top of it like a chump.

Could Iveso fly down and grab the brain to fly it up more safely? Does climbing up require a roll, with potential catastrophy if it's a bad one? If yes to both, give him the brain if he comes down here this turn. If he doesn't come down, start climbing up anyway. Tick tock goes the clock and such.

((I can assume the brain is safely inside the cloak, right? How much protection would that give it?))

"Iveso, get down here if you can, flying out the brain might be safer than me.climbing with it."

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 12:17:15 pm by Radio Controlled »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2015, 12:19:22 pm »

Shuttle peeps!

Who's got the best aux skill? I have +1, so unless anyone has higher, shall we assume I'm piloting?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2015, 12:22:40 pm »

Shuttle peeps!

Who's got the best aux skill? I have +1, so unless anyone has higher, shall we assume I'm piloting?
Works for me.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45