Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81710 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2015, 03:00:48 pm »

Keep a lookout for anything hostile on it's way here. Check on the Namite flames, see if we need to burn the flesh back again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2015, 04:59:18 pm »

Try to gain consciousness corutesy of more drugs than you could shake a fractal glowing rainbow stick at
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2015, 05:08:06 pm »

Someone shove an injured guy down here for me to fix!

Medic up the first corpse/person thrown at me to the best of my abilities and tools.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2015, 10:25:38 pm »

Via liberal application of doom arms, help Tek trenchify
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2015, 03:23:36 pm »

Just keep looking around with gun ready to shoot any new threat.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »

Try not to die.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2015, 09:26:54 am »

RESCUE TEAM
You've boarded your shuttles and are now quite close to the planet after several hours of travel. The timeline for these missions is a mess in your head, but the important thing is that you're now descending towards the planet. And at this point comes the question: Do you want one of your members to drive the shuttle? Because I would use their stats for it, as opposed to straight RTD. WHich might offer you a better chance at survival, should anything happen.

GROUND TEAM
((You said that it might be better to wait with cutting the brain till help was here, cause shit's going down once it goes haywire. But far as the people down here know, the original plan still stands, so they have no real ic reason to wait. Can we assume Steve briefed us on the situation or something?

Then again, we also wouldn't really know ic what would happen upon cutting the brain, so we might not wait very long either way. It might take multiple turns for the cutting and transporting it back up,))

Action (might still change depending on answer): start preparing for cutting the brain. Would it be possible to detach my cloak and wrap the brain in that like a bindle, for easier transportation and protection? If yes, detach cloak and prepare it for that (lay it next to the brain so that, after cutting, it can be wrapped up immediately). Make sure everything is ready to start cutting next turn. Anything else you'd need to know from me?

"I'm gonna start cutting very soon now. Anyone not dying or a medic preventing said dying, make yourself useful. Keep digging more foxholes or otherwise entrench yourselves, keep watching those gunnerbot cams, stay on your guard."
((you can assume that Steve is keeping you and everyone else up to date on the goings on of the mission. You should know that the rescue ship will be here "Soon"))

You detach your cloak and arrange it on the ground beside you, so that you can easily wrap it around the brain and carry it like a sack.

The flesh in the cave stabs at you weakly with hardened fungal knives, but it seems to lack the force required to do any real damage. This nerve cluster is probably attempting not to damage itself.

"Right, expanding trench.  If anyone is without an entrenching tool and wants one, bring Tek some scrap metal from the jeeps or elsewhere."

Spear to shovel.  Change any scrap metal Tek is brought to shovels.  If not brought any scrap metal, start expanding the trench foxhole (ideally in a circle around the brain hole).
You turn the speak back into a shovel; you're not sure how many times you can do that, it's using up some of the material each time. You also create 3 more acceptable, if rather iffy, shovels using scrap from the already dead jeep.

Moar Gurgle! (Do what I can to stay alive, not that I can really do anything at this point)
Someone throws you into the quickly expanding trench and you lie there quite effectively.

Keep a lookout for anything hostile on it's way here. Check on the Namite flames, see if we need to burn the flesh back again.
Nothing for the moment, but the flesh around the hole is turning an odd color; a sort of geometric black, like obsidian. And it looks like it's starting to grow straight through the still burning namite.

Try to gain consciousness corutesy of more drugs than you could shake a fractal glowing rainbow stick at
You have to be awake to voluntarily take drugs, don't you?

Someone shove an injured guy down here for me to fix!

Medic up the first corpse/person thrown at me to the best of my abilities and tools.
You grab as many injured and unconscious people as you can and throw them into the trench There's not much you can do for anyone right now but stop the bleeding and try to keep them stabilized and alive enough to shoot a gun. You pile the corpses like firewood; leaving their heads exposed just in case you need to hack them off in order to make a quick getaway.

Try not to die.
The defacto medic sets you up against the wall of the trench and shoves your weapon back into your hands after making sure that the flesh knitter is holding. He tells you that you should live as you are, at least for a while.

Via liberal application of doom arms, help Tek trenchify
You expand the trench to the point that people can sit in it and that it will fit the entire...well the entire crew that isn't huge mechanical fatasses.

Just keep looking around with gun ready to shoot any new threat.

The horizon is squirming. In fact, it seems like a lot of the landscape is squirming; at least from your aerial position.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2015, 09:33:03 am »

Pew Pew anything that looks at me funny.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2015, 10:36:14 am »

I was under the impression that the MCP-IIs medical system was a straight rip of the MK-IIs, and would therefore apply drugs until you either expire or wake up
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2015, 10:59:15 am »

'Oh geez, let me bet, the moment I cut that brain the fungus will loose its mind and start lashing out indiscriminately. Oh joy. Fucking planet.'

"Heads up troopers, I'm cutting it now. And things might go topsy turvy once the brain isn't guiding the fungal flesh anymore, so be ready."

Start cutting the brain then. Do it carefully, use the naginata if that works, if not use the manip. If I succeed in cutting it lose this turn, wrap it into the cloak and get to the hole I made, start climbing out.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2015, 11:11:03 am »

"Is it now acceptable to use all types of weapons?"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:24:26 am by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2015, 11:40:42 am »

"Yes, once the brain is cut they should loose their ability to intelligently adapt, but please don't start doing dumb shit or randomly attacking, we just need to defend ourselves and get out of here, not kill as much as we can."

While spreading out his cloak, Miya opens his comm link to their incoming escape plan.

"Calling incoming shuttles, this is Gyromitra actual, come in shuttle."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:46:50 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nunzillor

« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2015, 11:50:22 am »

Heat a basketball-sized portion of the center of mass of any imminent threat to self by a few hundred degrees.

If no immediate danger to self is present, check the health of the manipulator brain.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:54:00 am by Nunzillor »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2015, 01:15:55 pm »

Zap any Haebi that gets too close
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2015, 02:03:19 pm »

Jump into the trench, prepare to fire my hand cannon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45