Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81713 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2015, 01:22:28 pm »

((Yeah, sorry for calling the fun police. But losing 13 tokens, in this economy? I'd have to be crazy!))

"Good enough. Nice clean up there. Keep an eye out for other things. Miyamoto, you need help down there, or are you good? We seem to have eliminated the snipers, but I dunno if they'll just move 'em or toss something different at us. Not sure which would be better."

Take a look at the hole Miyamoto made. Could I get to the bottom safely if I had to? Also scan the horizon, looking for anything else that's sure to be on it's way. Check the sky as well."

"I'm not entirely sure. I found the cluster, and I think I can reach it and cut it, but I'll have to doublecheck. This place is a mess of nerves. I'll work as fast as I can, but I don't wanna rush it. No way we're going back empty handed after all that trouble we went through. We might need Iveso though to come down and carefully fly it out. Or I could carefully try to climb up with it."

Crawl closer. Should I be able to cleanly cut the brain out from the surrounding nerves? How would I best go about cutting it out? And will it fit through the hole I dug up to the surface?

If I find a reasonably positive answer to these questions, and there is no real further decision on my part, then carefully start cutting out the brain. If this takes more than a single turn, that's ok, I'd rather do it slow but well.

Alright, here's the thing. It's gonna take us a little while to get this distraction set up and such, so you may want to....not cut it free yet. I dunno. It depends. Do you want to cut it free and then bet on being able to fight off a crazed but uncoordinated fungus, or hedge your bets on waiting and fighting off specialized but relatively single threats?

I'm up for whatever, to be honest. But I'm unsure how to, ah, parse this in terms of time. I mean, it took several hours for us to reach the planet, so... How does this work? Did m19 take place while we were on route, and did steve send a rescue while we were still getting there? Are we going to wait several in-game hours?
We could always just skip a few turns if needed, so you have the time to set things up and let things 'synch up' again. Either way, could you perhaps have Steve shoot Miya a message, so he can decide in-game (and so I can avoid meta)?

Currently, I'm leaning towards waiting to cut.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:24:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »

((Yeah, sorry for calling the fun police. But losing 13 tokens, in this economy? I'd have to be crazy!))

"Good enough. Nice clean up there. Keep an eye out for other things. Miyamoto, you need help down there, or are you good? We seem to have eliminated the snipers, but I dunno if they'll just move 'em or toss something different at us. Not sure which would be better."

Take a look at the hole Miyamoto made. Could I get to the bottom safely if I had to? Also scan the horizon, looking for anything else that's sure to be on it's way. Check the sky as well."

"I'm not entirely sure. I found the cluster, and I think I can reach it and cut it, but I'll have to doublecheck. This place is a mess of nerves. I'll work as fast as I can, but I don't wanna rush it. No way we're going back empty handed after all that trouble we went through. We might need Iveso though to come down and carefully fly it out. Or I could carefully try to climb up with it."

Crawl closer. Should I be able to cleanly cut the brain out from the surrounding nerves? How would I best go about cutting it out? And will it fit through the hole I dug up to the surface?

If I find a reasonably positive answer to these questions, and there is no real further decision on my part, then carefully start cutting out the brain. If this takes more than a single turn, that's ok, I'd rather do it slow but well.

Alright, here's the thing. It's gonna take us a little while to get this distraction set up and such, so you may want to....not cut it free yet. I dunno. It depends. Do you want to cut it free and then bet on being able to fight off a crazed but uncoordinated fungus, or hedge your bets on waiting and fighting off specialized but relatively single threats?

I'm up for whatever, to be honest. But I'm unsure how to, ah, parse this in terms of time. I mean, it took several hours for us to reach the planet, so... How does this work? Did m19 take place while we were on route, and did steve send a rescue while we were still getting there? Are we going to wait several in-game hours?
We could always just skip a few turns if needed, so you have the time to set things up and let things 'synch up' again. Either way, could you perhaps have Steve shoot Miya a message, so he can decide in-game (and so I can avoid meta)?

Currently, I'm leaning towards waiting to cut.
Time is indeed problematic, I'm more talking about just actually getting the people together for this and actually getting it running than in universe time. I suppose we could just wait and not update this thread till then.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2015, 01:44:54 pm »

That would be ok for me, if also good for my fellow lemmings players. But if you feel that'd be too boring, or you really do wanna throw some more danger our way so we have to earn our second chance for extraction, that is also acceptable. Your call, in the end, whatever you feel is fairest/makes most sense. Only thing I'd ask is for you is to be fully clear on how we do it/how it happens ic, and to maybe have steve send a message ic so we know how to roleplay and respond accordingly.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2015, 03:40:56 pm »

I like Ryan. He hasn't fucked up a roll bad enough to die yet. I vote for waiting. :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2015, 04:24:29 am »

I like Ryan. He hasn't fucked up a roll bad enough to die yet. I vote for waiting. :P

((I think that'd be my vote as well. Anyone else on this mission think differently?))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2015, 04:53:01 am »

The likeliness of being annihlated while unconscious is slightly less if we wait (since apparently the haebi have target-prioritisation which is guaranteed to go away once the fleshnami happens) so I vote wait.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2015, 04:58:47 am »

...Also I'm gone this weekend for a wedding. That should give the rescue mission plenty of time to get ready.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2015, 09:53:13 am »

I'm fine with waiting, although, I'm not completely sure what's going on and what I can do, so hopefully I can figure out what's going then.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2015, 07:29:57 pm »

Waiting is fine by me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2015, 12:03:24 am »

Same here.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2015, 01:43:03 am »

Most of my time in this game has been spent waiting. A wait that doesn't involve my death is much appreciated.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2015, 09:53:34 am »

I vote wait as well
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2015, 08:44:42 am »

((Erm, I forgot about this for about a week or so, sorry. I was sick, and doing some other things. So uh, what are we waiting for? I am up for it, whatever it is.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2015, 10:23:18 am »

Waiting in quantum time it is.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2015, 10:28:33 am »

Waiting in quantum time it is.

So, anyone know any quantum jokes?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45