Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81691 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2015, 09:05:23 am »

Roll to not shit my pants.. err, Burn the mouths with my amp if given permission to by Miya. Otherwise, hang onto the jeep and try not to fall off, or off into a mouth.

"General, may I use my amp now? I think this situation is dire enough."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:00:20 pm by HavingPhun »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »

"You got it."
Tell the bots to stop shooting at the ground.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2015, 02:36:15 am »

Start healing peeps. Begining with myself.
You bandage over your severed foot stump. Well...that kinda works.

"You got it."
Tell the bots to stop shooting at the ground.

You get a spot cleared and encircle it in burning namite before placing the jeeps within it. But thats all you can get done in this turn.

>No one is seriously out of it for now so I'll hold off. We can get a shuttle down within a few minutes. We've got several circling. But each one we use is one less change to get down to you when the real time comes. And no, not yet.

"STOP SHOOTING THE GROUND!"
"AROOO?"
"STOP. SHOOTING. THE. GROUND!"
"BAROOOO"
"FUCKING DOG BOTS!"

The bots stop shooting the ground.

"Yarr, leave me vessel alone, ye bloodthirsty sea!"

Burn the mouths away from me vessel with my amp, continue to keep an eye on the gunnerbot feeds looking for incoming
You manage to burn away all the mushroomy flesh away from the vehicle in general. It starts growing back immediately.

If kj's in my jeep, work about wrapping up his foot with, fuck... Something? I don't want to try cauterizing with my PK amp just yet. Stop the bleeding.

If he's not, well, then assist Miya with my amp if he starts cooking off the ground, or tend to nearest compliant injured.

He healed himself and well...lets not use our amps unless we absolutely have to. For your sake. Miya's got namite. He should be ok.

Zayne readied his mono-machete, prepared to cut away anything attempting to attack them, or the jeep. If he has to, he will ditch the jeep, and if possible helping someone else out of the jeep.
"THEY'RE ATTEMPTING TO BOARD! COME ON YA LILLY LIVERED SCOUNDRELS! I'LL CUT YER GIBLETS OUT! I'LL KEEL HAUL YOU. I'LL GIVE YOU SUCH A PINCH!" You stand on the roll cage and swing wildly with your machete.

Hang around awkwardly because the mindfuck gun has been designated as "last resort" by leader. If glorious revolutionary leader flips jeep accidentally, attempt to land on him/on cleared ground.
You twiddle your thumbs while the alien hellscape attempts to eat you. This is some aggressive and dedicated nonchalance.

"This is honestly the worst mission yet..." Check to make sure no on is turning into an abomination around me, then nab a flamethrower and start burninating the ground/mouths
(Also woo! My longcoat saved one of my legs!)
Is there a flame thrower for you to grab? Are you even able to move around well enough to use it? Whats this dizzy feeling? Oh. Shock.

"Tek will try to help with the whole hungry ground problem.  Don't worry, last time he did this he set someone on fire.  Err.. that didn't come out right..."

Turn the mouths beneath the jeep to ash.  DON'T turn the jeep to ash.  Just start incinerating the ground all around the team.  Try not to incinerate the team.  Edit 2: focus mostly on any mouths attacking the ones doing the digging, with others lower priority.
Wolfy already Took care of the stuff around the jeep. And I'm not sure you really want to try and incinerate everything around the entire team...hmm...according to the wiki you're still trapped in your pod.

Hmmm.

Well you manage to cause some minor burns around the area that Miya is currently fucking boiling with namite.  You think it might have protected him a bit.

"Huh? Bugger, I keep forgetting I have this. I don't know how..."

Leap at Miyamoto, and hang onto him until we reach the spot to be burned, then start keeping the skin at bay best I can with Schrodinger's Flamer.

((I am never actually sure if I have the flamethrower.))
((You know, me neither.))

You hop on miya and ride him (Eyebrows) over to the designated spot.

Roll to not shit my pants.. err, Burn the mouths with my amp if given permission to by Miya. Otherwise, hang onto the jeep and try not to fall off, or off into a mouth.

"General, may I use my amp now? I think this situation is dire enough."
You hide in the trunk.

go to that spot that looks good for digging. Clear that area, and a good part around it, of the fucking toothy fungus, using namite or laser on diffuse setting. Then pick up the jeeps and place them on the safe(ish) cleared ground. Be sure to push the namite, if used, to the edge of the cleared zone with manip before putting peeps there. After that, start digging using the laser, aiming away from where I suspect the nerve cluster will be. Stop from time to time to check if the cavern has been breached or pull out sludge with manip if a lot has build up. Also talking to Steve.

"That's what happens when you run off like that Kyle. Now patch yourself up then help other wounded. You to, Ryan, help Vincent, he needs it.

Iveso, tell the gunnerbots not to shoot the ground anymore. Morul, I'm tasking you with establishing a perimeter on the cleared patch and keeping them safe while I dig. You have a flamethrower, use it if needed. They'll just all get eaten at this rate.

Rest of you fend off those mouths for a sec, then help keep that perimeter. Anyone not terrible with guns and not a medic can borrow my namite thrower for a moment.

>Should I do that to anyone currently freaking out only, or just whenever someone starts to freak out?
"Only those freaking out now, that'll suffice. How fast can you get the shuttles down here? And is that spaceship under our control yet? We could use a good distraction pretty soon."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2015, 03:37:52 am »

Put chem thrower and its ammo in a jeep. Then start digging using the laser, aiming away from where I suspect the nerve cluster will be. Stop from time to time to check if the cavern has been breached or pull out sludge with manip if a lot has build up (deposit sludge somewhere else than on top of a teammate, thank you. On the ground or the fungus or whatever). Try to make the hole big enough for a man in gear to move through (not avatar sized, would be too massive a hole) and for the brain cluster to be transported back through.

By the way, did we get something to put the cluster into, like a big box or a bag or whatever?

"Morul, I need to focus on digging now, so work on keeping that perimeter clear and keeping the troops in line. Make sure the medics are working, there's still some wounded, and that the others don't act stupid. Lasers, kinetics and explosives are cleared for use. Don't forget we have the gunnerbots, Iveso knows how to use them.

Oh, and if anyone wants to borrow my manip to help keep the fungus off, it's in the jeep."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:02:00 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2015, 07:21:08 am »

Attempt to resist Shock, as well as stop the massive bleeding that is probably contributing to it
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 07, 2015, 07:56:51 am »

Use experimental medi-spary on heavily injured teammates. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 07, 2015, 10:09:08 am »

Point mindfuck gun agressively at the sky, attempt to get sky to launch pre-emptive strike.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2015, 06:37:11 pm »

Hide, be ready to run jump or roll to safety.

Nunzillor

« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2015, 07:47:19 pm »

((Shouldn't be in the pod anymore, see response to Radio here.  Updating wiki now.))

"Nailed it."

Watch for enemies.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:26 pm »

"Boss, what should I do?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2015, 01:13:24 am »

"Aye sir. Anyone not injured or in danger keep an eye on the sky and the horizon. We're sitting ducks in here, and I'm sure we all want to spot the killy things before they get in range, aye? If ya see something, call it out, and have someone confirm the sighting."

Use Schrodinger's Flamer to burn any fungal skin that gets past the Namite. If I get the chance, scan the horizon and skies for any signs of an assault. Cycle through vision modes while doing so.

((I suppose I have it now.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2015, 08:25:27 am »

(I cant do a long post today, so have an action.)
Do whatever people need me to do with the machete.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2015, 03:05:46 pm »

Is anyone left injured and nearby? Fix them. Otherwise assume a boxer's fighting stance and waggle my brows at the horizon menacingly.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2015, 09:59:48 pm »

Just shoot the regrowing fungus to prevent it from getting closer. 

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2015, 01:57:27 pm »

Attempt to resist Shock, as well as stop the massive bleeding that is probably contributing to it
Use experimental medi-spary on heavily injured teammates. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.
hmmm
Kyle seals up Vincent's injuries and tries his best to stop him from going into shock.

Point mindfuck gun agressively at the sky, attempt to get sky to launch pre-emptive strike.
"COME AND GET ME YA MAGGOTS!"

Hide, be ready to run jump or roll to safety.
Hiding

((Shouldn't be in the pod anymore, see response to Radio here.  Updating wiki now.))

"Nailed it."

Watch for enemies.
You point off in one direct and then proceed to spin around 360 degrees.

"THERE'S ONE!"

"Aye sir. Anyone not injured or in danger keep an eye on the sky and the horizon. We're sitting ducks in here, and I'm sure we all want to spot the killy things before they get in range, aye? If ya see something, call it out, and have someone confirm the sighting."

Use Schrodinger's Flamer to burn any fungal skin that gets past the Namite. If I get the chance, scan the horizon and skies for any signs of an assault. Cycle through vision modes while doing so.

((I suppose I have it now.))
Just shoot the regrowing fungus to prevent it from getting closer. 
You both fire at any chunk of ground that looks like it's getting funny ideas.

Is anyone left injured and nearby? Fix them. Otherwise assume a boxer's fighting stance and waggle my brows at the horizon menacingly.
You stand up and waggle your fists at the horizon while attempting to do the bruce lee nose touch, but instead bonk yourself on the helmet.

Put chem thrower and its ammo in a jeep. Then start digging using the laser, aiming away from where I suspect the nerve cluster will be. Stop from time to time to check if the cavern has been breached or pull out sludge with manip if a lot has build up (deposit sludge somewhere else than on top of a teammate, thank you. On the ground or the fungus or whatever). Try to make the hole big enough for a man in gear to move through (not avatar sized, would be too massive a hole) and for the brain cluster to be transported back through.

By the way, did we get something to put the cluster into, like a big box or a bag or whatever?

"Morul, I need to focus on digging now, so work on keeping that perimeter clear and keeping the troops in line. Make sure the medics are working, there's still some wounded, and that the others don't act stupid. Lasers, kinetics and explosives are cleared for use. Don't forget we have the gunnerbots, Iveso knows how to use them.

Oh, and if anyone wants to borrow my manip to help keep the fungus off, it's in the jeep."

I'm gonna assume you're drilling straight down, or nearly so.

You start slicing into the stone, cutting up large plugs of rock and then tossing them out using your manip and bare hands. You get about 60-70 feet straight down into the rock.

Zayne jerks suddenly, his legs straightening so fast he practically jumps into the air.  He jerks twice  more while standing and then slumps back down into the seat. For a moment he just sits there, perfectly still. Then the blood starts to pour from his chest, and the rest of the team notice the perfectly round holes in the car door on his side.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45