Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81620 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2015, 05:09:54 pm »

Contact steve and update him on how things are going down here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2015, 05:24:53 pm »

((Ok, up till now, wolfkit and dorsi were driving. Dorsi seems ok, but wolfkit seems to be 'under influence'. Seeing as how we'll have to wait until more people are non-fucked anyway, we'll kind of have to wait till next turn to see who can drive. The rest could probably either help their teammates clear mindfuck, or check where that brain cluster is. However, don't all scatter to the wind, go a hex away at most for now, and try to be with at least 2 at a time. There's nobody to come bail you out for now. Look for deeper areas, the cluster should be there. This is all OOC though, Morul is awake so he's in charge for now.

Good news might be that the zone of brainfuck might mean we are on top of the target.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:33:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2015, 05:34:40 pm »

((Doris and I have been driving, Tek's action was conditional on if a driver was incapacitated, and I dunno why kedly was listed as driver EDIT: Ninja'd))

"Mutiny! Mutiny! Some help me restrain this treacherous dog, yarr!"

Try to kick Vincent's knife out of his hand and lock down his arms with my tentacle

"Also, be ye alright, General? Ye look like ye need to take it easy on the rum, yarr.
And I can still drive me vessel, the sterring wheel just be a bit smaller now."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:36:48 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2015, 06:06:14 pm »

"Dear god this planet is making us into abominations! Start running guys, I'm done being the hero!" Gtf away from arm Stan as fast as I can (Jump out of the Jeep and attempt to run to the other jeep)

((Murderous rampages are the best wedding gifts))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2015, 06:12:46 pm »

"...I be supposing that works too, yarr. Sister vessel, be warned that he may yet harbor mutinous urges."
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Nunzillor

« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »

((Do you still want those bombs if the incoming enemies are just due to another character's hallucinations?  If yes, will edit this action))

"Do you still want those bombs, general?"

Inspect surroundings.  Anything scary or weird going on?  Carefully shape and sharpen the end of one of Tek's metal poles using the manipulator.  Inspect the bundle of nerves visible on the surface.  Which direction, if any, does it extend?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:40:08 am by Nunzillor »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:06 pm »

"Goddamnit man, I'm trying to help. Let me take a look at you, you're injured!
Miyamoto, can you hear me? Zayne's freaking the fuck out, can you do anything to incapacitate him? Should I even bother helping and just find these goddamn nerves?"

Stay calm. Getting punched sucks but I gotta help the man. For now. See if Miya can hear me and follow new orders.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2015, 02:53:30 am »

((Sorry, but I won't respond IC until I either pass that goddamn will roll, or pw confirms I can.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:46:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2015, 09:27:56 am »

Pull over and repel boarders wait for the miyamoverlord to stop being nutso.

"Anyone want to find out which way we go now? I'm not getting out of the escapemobile myself, but we should be ready for when Mindbreaker Mecha over there snaps outta it"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nunzillor

« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2015, 09:38:25 am »

((If HavingPhun's character reveals what he has seen about the nerves, we will know to stop here IC))

"Tek will take a look at the direction the nerves are traveling, as they seem to be visible on the surface now."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2015, 11:03:36 am »

Continue holding onto my gun looking out for possible threats.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »

Contemplating the appearance of the nerves, Ian realizes that they must be right on top of the nerve cluster!

"Everyone! Take a look at the nerves, it seems that we have reached our destination."

After a quick glance, Ian notices that most of the team are having multiple episodes of mental breakdown.

Tell what I have learned to the rest of the team who is mentally stable, or at least as stable as usual. Try to snap the others out of it, but keep a distance so they don't attack me. Are we safe from attack for now? Look at the horizon.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2015, 03:24:57 pm »

"Yeah, I saw the nerves too! Guess we should try to shoot those things, maybe the others will snap out of it once we get right of the nerves. But then again, I am not sure, never was good at science."
Try to fly closer to the nerves and seek for the center(Le brain).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:32:11 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2015, 05:19:26 pm »

"Do not shoot those nerves, we might need 'em. Keep yer eyes peeled for anything new the Haebi throw at us. And try not to step in any traps.

Look around, cycling through the modes. Do I see a wall of flesh approaching? Do I see anything approaching? If not, swap to x-ray, and look for the dark areas that indicate less dense materials, such as just skin covering a sinkhole.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2015, 05:38:51 pm »

"Dear god this planet is making us into abominations! Start running guys, I'm done being the hero!" Gtf away from arm Stan as fast as I can (Jump out of the Jeep and attempt to run to the other jeep)

((Murderous rampages are the best wedding gifts))

You leap out of the jeep and run all of 10 feet before the ground swells up and catches your leg in a toothy embrace. The bite slips your leg off at the knee and you fall face first onto the ground. You manage to jerk up and roll to the side as another mouth attempts to catch your head.

((Great, more hallucinating. Now I wonder if the moving wall 'o doom was also imaginary. It just might be, according to that one guy. Failing will again does kinda invalidate a lot of the previous rp :/ ))

Regain control dammit. Also, didn't I have at least 1 will pill installed into a hollow molar for situations like this? Try to bite down on it and swallow, to help regain control. Focus on that.

If people are attacking others, tell Steve to zap the ones that aren't in control momentarily unconscious, but only once I'm sure I'm not hallucinating anymore. Only go for short time unconscious.

Is there any sign of that brain yet? If yes, go that direction FAST. If not, quickly rip out some ground and check nerves, then go that direction. If also nothing, go down one space, and look around (be sure to use cameyes, maybe they can show where the nerves gather?)

((Sorry for missing the last turn, I got married over the weekend,and didn't have the foresight to see I'd be to busy to post before hand. I know usually afk armour is pretty good, but my character has -1 mind, so I'm going to assume he's probably going crazy at this point))
((Also, forgot this at first, but congratulations to you and your spouse!))

You bite down on your tooth and feel it crack. You swallow and almost immediately your vision snaps from the inside of the cockpit back to the outside. And people are wigging out all around you.

Zayne yells at the guy who's 'punching' at him, "Nyah! Fuck your shit!" He attempts to kick that guy away. Because screw your charity. (And Zayne has no clue.)

You rear back and kick the guy straight in the head. He goes limp and falls out of the jeep. Yeah! That will teach him!

Contact steve and update him on how things are going down here.
Well you would love to, but a mouth just opened in the ground and tried to eat your leg, so you're a bit busy dodging.

((Doris and I have been driving, Tek's action was conditional on if a driver was incapacitated, and I dunno why kedly was listed as driver EDIT: Ninja'd))

"Mutiny! Mutiny! Some help me restrain this treacherous dog, yarr!"

Try to kick Vincent's knife out of his hand and lock down his arms with my tentacle

"Also, be ye alright, General? Ye look like ye need to take it easy on the rum, yarr.
And I can still drive me vessel, the sterring wheel just be a bit smaller now."

The man drops the knife, screaming, and wriggles out of your grip. He hurls himself out of the jeep and runs for a few seconds before the planet chomps one of his legs clean off.

((Do you still want those bombs if the incoming enemies are just due to another character's hallucinations?  If yes, will edit this action))

"Do you still want those bombs, general?"

Inspect surroundings.  Anything scary or weird going on?  Carefully shape and sharpen the end of one of Tek's metal poles using the manipulator.  Inspect the bundle of nerves visible on the surface.  Which direction, if any, does it extend?
You suddenly get a sharp pain in your head and double over in your seat.

"Goddamnit man, I'm trying to help. Let me take a look at you, you're injured!
Miyamoto, can you hear me? Zayne's freaking the fuck out, can you do anything to incapacitate him? Should I even bother helping and just find these goddamn nerves?"

Stay calm. Getting punched sucks but I gotta help the man. For now. See if Miya can hear me and follow new orders.
The guy kicks you in the head and you black out.

Pull over and repel boarders wait for the miyamoverlord to stop being nutso.

"Anyone want to find out which way we go now? I'm not getting out of the escapemobile myself, but we should be ready for when Mindbreaker Mecha over there snaps outta it"
You see ryan fall out of the jeep and quickly snatch him up and drag him back into the jeep before the ground eats him.
Continue holding onto my gun looking out for possible threats.
About all you could do is shoot at the ground.

Contemplating the appearance of the nerves, Ian realizes that they must be right on top of the nerve cluster!

"Everyone! Take a look at the nerves, it seems that we have reached our destination."

After a quick glance, Ian notices that most of the team are having multiple episodes of mental breakdown.

Tell what I have learned to the rest of the team who is mentally stable, or at least as stable as usual. Try to snap the others out of it, but keep a distance so they don't attack me. Are we safe from attack for now? Look at the horizon.
You spread the knowledge that you learned, and there seems to be nothing coming in from the distance, but you also can't really help anyone around you.

"Yeah, I saw the nerves too! Guess we should try to shoot those things, maybe the others will snap out of it once we get right of the nerves. But then again, I am not sure, never was good at science."
Try to fly closer to the nerves and seek for the center(Le brain).
The nerves, as far as you can tell, reach a rough area and then vanish, appearing to burrow down into the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45