Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81588 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2015, 03:02:27 am »

"Do any humans need medical attention yet!? Just so I know if it's necessary to get up!"
"My manip brain readings could use some interpreting."

"Miyamoto, if you do that on purpose I swear to all that is holy, I'm taking you with me."

"While this mission might be tense, once you start freaking out over an obvious joke, it's probably time to take 5 and get your act together. I don't need you spooking these newbs here, alright?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:30:36 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2015, 04:26:20 am »

"I agree! My torso looks just fine without supersonic shrapnel, thanks!"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2015, 08:59:00 am »

"Alright, send it over and I'll look at it. What type of graph is it I'm going to be looking at by the way?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2015, 09:00:39 am »

"Alright, send it over and I'll look at it. What type of graph is it I'm going to be looking at by the way?"

"Standard EKG graph, linked blue and green lines and a red line."

((Sending the EKG is already in my action, for the record.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2015, 09:04:30 am »

"Okay, uh, just a heads up. If it's freaking the fuck out that's probably bad. Or maybe it's good for what you want. Uh... I'll shut up and read the graphs."
Interpret what the Sent graphs mean.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2015, 09:10:17 am »

"Okay, uh, just a heads up. If it's freaking the fuck out that's probably bad. Or maybe it's good for what you want. Uh... I'll shut up and read the graphs."

"Oh yeah, I know it isn't happy right now. I wanna get an idea how not happy, and if there's any damage."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2015, 02:18:50 pm »

Take a breath. Analyze EKG. Then look at the ground. Still just bleeding? No more death-tendrils?Understand the meta and figure out what new, terrible thing PW is going to throw at us.

"Yessir, I'll get right on that graph, too. Second opinions and what-not."

Nunzillor

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2015, 02:25:50 pm »

Clearly the most productive use of time right now is to ignore surroundings and create a glass knife of dubious value.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2015, 02:55:29 pm »

"You got it boss!"
Fly up to check for incoming hostiles and try to look for a trace of the cluster or a place where it might be.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:30:29 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2015, 12:38:44 pm »

Check where the different brain lines are at, then Send ekg to medic. Then swap brain for the new one.

Keep going southwest, scouting for the jeeps, check ground for direction nerves.

"Medic, check this brain please.

Jeeps, steady as she goes, southwest it is.

Next one is for you, Morul, I handled this one pretty cleanly I think. But that brain is exhausted.

Iveso, fly up a bit and do a scan of the area. Check for incoming hostiles, and if you see a trace of the cluster or a place where it might be."

Your vision goes black for an instant and suddenly you're back inside the interior of the Avatar, back inside your human body, in the cramped internal tomb.

Keep driving southwest
Your vision suddenly blurs, like your eyes are watering, and the concentration needed to keep your doom arms in check breaks for a second. Your hands melt straight through the steering wheel. You slam on the breaks and bring the jeep to a halt.

"Well. That was... underwhelming? I kinda wonder what those were, but, I think I can live without knowing. And remember, the cluster is most likely gonna be underground, under the skin. Probably gonna be hard to spot from above, or Steve could have just scanned the surface and pinpointed it for us."

Keep searching behind us, cycling through the cam-eye modes for any incoming hostiles. Make a kinetic barrier to block the enemy if I spot them too late to warn the team.

You feel a sudden tingle through your head and your body tenses up, as though having a seizure. You jerk forward and smack your head on the roll cage of the jeep and tingle fades as quickly as it came.

"This just keeps getting worse. This isn't going to end well when they really begin their attack on us."

Continue to sit in a fetal position on the bottom of the jeep, occasionally pop my head up to see what is going on. Be prepared to stab/shoot/kill/destroy anything if given the order or if I am in imminent danger.
You look around. Everyone is acting rather oddly.

You feel the ground rumble. You stand up in the jeep and look around for the source. Out on the horizon, cresting over it like the sunrise, is an enormous fungal mass. It's charging toward the jeep at unbelievable speed, a wall of mushroom flesh that is swelling to fill the entire sky.

Take a breath. Analyze EKG. Then look at the ground. Still just bleeding? No more death-tendrils?Understand the meta and figure out what new, terrible thing PW is going to throw at us.

"Yessir, I'll get right on that graph, too. Second opinions and what-not."
Your chest starts to hurt. Starts to hurt a lot. Then your eyes start itching and your vision turns red. You feel like your head is going to explode.

Clearly the most productive use of time right now is to ignore surroundings and create a glass knife of dubious value.
Everyone in the jeep with you starts wigging out and wriggling all over the place.

"You got it boss!"
Fly up to check for incoming hostiles and try to look for a trace of the cluster or a place where it might be.

You get maybe 10 feet off the ground before you feel something like a sledge hammer being slammed into your temple. You fall back to the ground, trying to clutch your head through the suit.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

Run away!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2015, 12:54:29 pm »

Pop will pill, resist outside influence, then reconnect with avatar.
Is jeep 1 busted, or can it still be used? Help shove peeps into jeep 2 if busted. If not enough room, carry them.

Is there any sign of that brain yet? If yes, go that direction FAST. If not, quickly rip out some ground and check nerves, then go that direction. If also nothing, just go west. FAST. Make sure jeeps follow.

Try to estimate how long it'll take the shrooms to reach us if we go at our top speed (as a team, aka jeep top speed assuming avoiding pits), and how long if we were standing still (try to get estimate in turns). Would cutting into the mass with laser at max slow it down? Also, could you mark the fungal deathwave on the map?

"Shit. I knew they'd pull that. Gorram Altered wannabes.

Ok peeps, no time to waste. If jeep 1 is busted, pile into jeep 2. If the driver of either is convulsing, then someone else get to driving as long as you don't massively suck at it. Then floor it. WE HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE. Morul, look ahead of you, they'll need your cameyes to avoid pits. Medics, if you can, look after those that are still being affected.

Iveso, can you get up? We have no time to waste here, but the medics can't exactly get to you either. If you can, I need you to fly ahead and try to find that cluster."

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:12:20 pm by Radio Controlled »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2015, 02:13:43 pm »

If the steering wheel isn't completely fucked, switch to steering with my tentacle and floor it away from the flesh wall.

"Yarr, it be a fungusnami! I have not seen its like before in me hours of pirating. Such a storm, it be as if the very sea is conspiring against us! Which it is, yarr."

If it is completely fucked (as in all of the spokes are completely gone so there's absolutely no way to turn the wheel, abandon ship and get in the other jeep.

"Yarr, me beloved vessel, taken from me too soon by the cruel flesh sea, yarr."

Either way, do as much as possible with my tentacle rather than my doom arms, just in case the mindfuck comes back.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:43:41 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2015, 02:25:44 pm »

Ian looks at all his squirming comrades and in confusion, and resolves to simply ignore the happenings for the moment, then yells to ?Ronald? (Wolfkit's character):

"Captain, is she sunk, can ye save her!?"

After his response, Ian turns and speaks to no one in particular:

"I can't imagine my luck will hold out much longer. First I survived the tentacles, now I am not affected by this. I'm screwed!"

If the jeep is toast (or cinnamon toast), hop in the other one, possibly help any wounded folk into the other jeep, if needed, and if I have time to do so. Hope that my luck continues to hold.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2015, 02:56:39 pm »

"Also, if people here have explosives, better say so now. I'm not sure what we can do against that, but if we can't reach the brain before it reaches us we'll have to do something. I can always nuke it using the manip, but that'd be my last brainpower, and I wanna know what options we have. I have namite canisters we can use. I could use the manip to shoot those and other similar things into it and detonate.

We could also try to use the gunnerbots to run off and try to distract them, but I don't know if those Heabi will respond to that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:30:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45