Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81542 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2015, 08:08:17 pm »

"Well, there goes another terrible idea."  Tek casually tossed the scythe out of the vehicle.  "Maybe a knife would be better?"

Create a short glass knife.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:11:34 pm by Nunzillor »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2015, 08:41:16 pm »

Zayne charges up ye olde uncon bonus, readying his mono-machete for when he needs to use it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:06 pm »

Quote from: Brother Lars, radio from other thread
"Brothers Flint, Hasala, or General Miyamoto; what kind of weapon is this PEW contraption considered?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:06 pm »

((I made a noise when I read that successful medic check.))

"Be careful. It won't take a lot to damage yourself again, but you can move. For now."

Breathe sigh of relief. Mental note to also get cameyes installed. Nothing like x-ray vision for field surgery. Turn human eyes back to the horizon, alert to danger (Behind us if it looks like no-one's looking that way). Can I get a read on the Haebi's motives? Aggressive or simply defensive? Trying to assimilate us?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:58:38 pm by Pufferfish »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:27 pm »

"Something bizarre just attacked me and destroyed the whole armor of my suit, so give me a bit of time! Trying to check if this thing is still working properly."
Walk in front of the Jeep 2, pay attention to the surroundings to prevent future ambushes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2015, 12:02:52 am »

"Thanks for that. I'll try not to fuck up your repairs."

Look out over the back of the jeep, in thermal vision mode, to try and spot any other attacks from behind.

((They came from.... behind....))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2015, 01:41:28 am »

Continue paying attention to the heabi, and be ready to duck and shoot at attacking heabi, in that order
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »

Keep driving unless ordered not to by robot boss.

"Does this thing have a radio? I bet it has a radio."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »

Zayne charges up ye olde uncon bonus, readying his mono-machete for when he needs to use it.
THOSE DON'T EXIST ANYMORE
((I made a noise when I read that successful medic check.))

"Be careful. It won't take a lot to damage yourself again, but you can move. For now."

Breathe sigh of relief. Mental note to also get cameyes installed. Nothing like x-ray vision for field surgery. Turn human eyes back to the horizon, alert to danger (Behind us if it looks like no-one's looking that way). Can I get a read on the Haebi's motives? Aggressive or simply defensive? Trying to assimilate us?
A motive? What are you gonna do, ask them about their mothers? They seem to want to murder you. Want to murder you really hard.

"Stay on the move people, we go southwest now. Morul, you think you could manage a quick jump with your rocket pack to scan around? I just got word the other team has incoming soldiers.

And Iveso, I told you to walk in front of the jeep, not to follow it! You gotta spot for them."

Can I assume I quickly scooped up some of that worm thing and it's dissolving slime into an artifact container?

Either way, quickly make a cut into the ground and check where the nerves are heading. Then continue guiding the jeeps, using cameyes etc. If anything comes jumping at us, push it away with manip if possible. We are going southwest, by the way.

You got an artifact container that can hold superacid? No? Guess not.

Ok so everyone here makes it 2 southwest in their jeeps or on foot in their various mechanical things. Miya checks and this is indeed the right way to be going for now. Thats the good news.

The bad news is that anyone who is cycling their cameyes will notice lots of things flying through the air from somewhere on the horizon, toward where the team is now. You can't see them via any other modes, including normal vision, but they're definitely coming and coming fast. They don't appear to be flapping wings or anything like that either.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2015, 05:25:38 pm »

"We again keep on the move gents. If me and Morul can't stop them, you have permission to fire lasers or kinetics, but lasers preferably. Drivers, drive more slowly if needed, but try not to stand completely still, we don't want those things to hit you.

Morul, help me with your amp on this.
Iveso, tell the gunnerbots to fire as soon as those things come close."

Use manip to slam the projectiles into the ground. Use a rolling shockwave of sorts. Make sure to stream video feed to allies so they can see them. If not enough, shoot last ones with laser at high diffusion, low power. If still not all down, and they arrive here next turn, throw up wall of force to bounce/guide them into the ground.

Then continue going southwest, guiding the jeeps, and check ground for direction of nerves at end of turn.

You got an artifact container that can hold superacid? No? Guess not.
Yes, don't we have artifact containers that suspend their contents in air? And even if not, I don't really need to, I just need to take a little bit of worm (which should contain some acid inside its body, and is obviously resistant against its own slime). Despite all that, still a no I presume?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:33:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2015, 05:36:18 pm »

"Miyamoto, as second in command, I advise just running. I doubt my ability to stop this many, and they're too small and too fast to do anything but waste ammo on. It's also a damn good bet they're living, and have some way of steering to hit us. "

Try and gauge distance and speed, and prepare to throw up a wall of force via mass amp if they look like they're gonna hit us this turn. Try and angle the wall to deflect the projectiles away from us instead of stopping them. Also, just try and cover the jeeps, Miya is too big and has his own ways of defense.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2015, 05:46:55 pm »

"Miyamoto, as second in command, I advise just running. I doubt my ability to stop this many, and they're too small and too fast to do anything but waste ammo on. It's also a damn good bet they're living, and have some way of steering to hit us. "

Try and gauge distance and speed, and prepare to throw up a wall of force via mass amp if they look like they're gonna hit us this turn. Try and angle the wall to deflect the projectiles away from us instead of stopping them. Also, just try and cover the jeeps, Miya is too big and has his own ways of defense.

"Noted. If they can steer though, that's all the more reason to take them down, cause I doubt the jeeps can dodge them. You just try to take whatever I miss then, kay?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2015, 05:59:25 pm »

"Fair enough. Still think running is better though. Don't stop them outright, takes too much energy, try and slope the wall to guide them down into the ground. Same functionality as yer sloped armor, the lower the angle the projectile hits, the less energy it transfers, and the less effort ya have to put into the wall."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »

"Fair enough. Still think running is better though. Don't stop them outright, takes too much energy, try and slope the wall to guide them down into the ground. Same functionality as yer sloped armor, the lower the angle the projectile hits, the less energy it transfers, and the less effort ya have to put into the wall."

"They might navigate around though once they feel they've hit a wall, which is what I'm afraid off."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »

"I-I think I'll wait until I can see them. I've only got the microwave amp, after all."

Brace for impact. They don't sound like something to nuke.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45