Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81498 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »

Continue to wait in the jeep and wait for the driver to go. Slash away any attacking skin with my knife.

Nunzillor

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2015, 10:36:59 pm »

Think about the best way to locate nerve clusters.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2015, 11:15:35 pm »

Get a good grip on the jeep. Falling out seems like a bad idea.

"Sir, the brain seems to be, er, brain-ing within normal brain limits," He replies to Miyamoto after looking over the EKG for him.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2015, 01:58:41 am »

"Ahh, man! And here I was thinking about using that stupid door as  a shield."
Drop the pod door and follow Miyamoto. Stay a somewhat safe walking distance from him unless told otherwise, also follow his orders.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2015, 12:56:50 pm »

FIVE TURNS HAVE PASSED

Go to the stuck jeep quickly, grab it/prevent ir from falling and plop it down where it won't fall over.

Then, cut a little into the ground with naginata to try and see if there's any nerve bundles. Or just dig a little with my hands if cutting doesn't work. Try not to destroy too much if possible. Then check in what direction the nerves seem to go.

"Driver, better make sure that doesn't happen again, or you're out.
Jeep 2, why the HELL aren't you moving? Get over here.

While we are waiting for the slowpokes, we'll cut a hole and try to see if we can see nerve bundles. Driver, stay ready to move, Zayne, quickly jump out and check if you find anything by cutting a little into the ground. If you see any danger or weird crap, hop back into the jeep. Judas and Ryan, either help Zayne or stay put if you're not quite handy enough. I want to have a direction to travel in once the others get here, so hurry it up."

You trundle over to the jeep and grab it by the roll bars, hoisting it back up and setting it on more stable..."Ground".

That done, you slice into the flesh and bend down close to check the nerves. They look like they're going west...maybe a little south? A very slight diagonal.

West. We go west. Catch up with the other jeep.

"Oh, sorry. We're moving now."

You catch up with the other jeep, And miya as well.

"I can't help it when the ground isn't where it appears to be, sir!"
Lean in opposite direction to tilt, hold still to be corrected by overlord.

"Do not fall out! Let the boss handle it!"
Jeep 1
  • Eddie: driver
  • Zayne
  • Ryan
  • Judas

You let the avatar lift the jeep out of the hole and deposit it on more solid "Ground".

Follow Jeep 2 on foot, running behind and to the right of it. Cycle through vision modes on the cam-eyes, trying to find one that will let me detect any pitfalls under the skin.
You cycle through the cameye modes as you chase the jeep. You notice two things; first, it seems like potholes are slightly cooler compared to the flesh around them. Second, there are things moving through the flesh right now; brighter, wriggling blurs under the dully warm surface.

Jeep 1, Passenger.

"Yes sir,"
Once the jeep's settled down, Zayne hops out and makes a quick incision in the ground (With the combat knife), if any alien death peni come out, he retreats. He also checks the direction they're coming from. Then climbs back in.
(The mono-machete would sorta detonate the flesh, or, well, pulp it right? So I shouldn't use that?)
You get out of the jeep(!) and start cutting into the ground to check out the nerves. They look like they're heading west to you.

West. We go west

"Oh, sorry. We're moving now."

((You're driving Jeep 2 right?))

"I imagine I say this a lot, but the sooner we are off this planet, the better..." Keep an eye on anything that looks like it might be Haebi, and be ready to shoot it/duck out of it's way if it tries anything
You don't see anything coming; no shapes moving in the distance, at least not yet.

Steady myself, to make sure I don't fall out now or when the avatar grabs us.
Continue to wait in the jeep and wait for the driver to go. Slash away any attacking skin with my knife.
Get a good grip on the jeep. Falling out seems like a bad idea.

"Sir, the brain seems to be, er, brain-ing within normal brain limits," He replies to Miyamoto after looking over the EKG for him.
You guys do a lot of safe nothing.

Think about the best way to locate nerve clusters.
uh....hmm. Probably following the nerves? You're not even sure what the cluster looks like.

"Ahh, man! And here I was thinking about using that stupid door as  a shield."
Drop the pod door and follow Miyamoto. Stay a somewhat safe walking distance from him unless told otherwise, also follow his orders.
You stay near Miyamoto.

They come out of the Skin like salmon leaping out of a stream, bursting forth startling force and speed. They resemble worms, but only vaguely; more like long, muscular sponges. Stringy and red like detached muscle, filled with deep, black pores. They leap out of the ground, bursting up around Miyamoto's feet and wrapping themselves around his legs like boa constrictors.  One leaps for Zayne's head, but he ducks the wriggling thing and leaps back into the jeep. Another catches Morul in the midsection, wrapping around his thin waist and chest. Another catches Iveso's left arm and immediately warps around it and starts climbing up towards his shoulder.

As they entwine around their prey, the worms begin leaking a thick, viscous fluid from their pores, which coats whatever they're attached to like slug slime. And begins to dissolve it.

Miya's armor is thick and resistant, but the things still start sinking into the metal like hot metal through wax. Morul's mechanical muscles turn white and flaky, as though sun rotted, and begin to fall off his metal skeleton in clumps; the worm keeps tightening it's grip, digging in deeper as the metal flesh falls away. Iveso gets lucky; the metal armor coating his limb melts away so fast it causes the worm to slough off with it, leaving the mechanisms of his exoskeleton revealed, but undamaged.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2015, 12:59:39 pm »

Duck down into the bottom of the jeep.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2015, 01:13:54 pm »

Use manip to push away (as in, first uncoil them, then push away) the worm things on me and crush them. Then burn them if that doesn't kill them. If Morul can't get his assailants off of him, do the same for him. If possible, collect some of the worm and dissolving slime into an artifact container.

Then continue going west. Walk in front of jeep 1, use cameyes to help it avoid pits and such. If anything comes jumping at us, push it away with manip if possible.

Oh, and by the way, can we communicate with the other team, maybe via routing our signal through the sword? And the jeeps are driving west, in case they don't specify.

((PW, you once told me I didn't have to put 'and scan around with cameyes' into every turn, and that I could assume I'd do so always automatically. Isn't that still a thing? Cause I can just put that into mu turn every time, but that seems kinda annoying for the both of us.))

(After those things are dealt with)
"Stay calm people, focus on making haste. We keep moving west. Drivers, either let a big robot walk in front of you, or have someone with cameyes help you avoid any pits. Morul, you help jeep 2 with your cameyes. Iveso, you are with the second jeep as well. You don't have cameyes, but I think your suit dies have heat vision, use it if it helps."

((So yes, don't forget to put 'start driving' in your action, or to get in a jeep, so we don't lose another turn.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:08:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2015, 01:21:52 pm »

Use manip to push away the worm things on me and crush them. If Morul can't get his assailants off of him, do the same for him.

((PW, you once told me I didn't have to put 'and scan around with cameyes' into every turn, and that I could assume I'd do so always automatically. Isn't that still a thing? Cause I can just put that into mu turn every time, but that seems kinda annoying for the both of us.))
You wouldn't have seen it anyways, they were coming in from behind you. Thats why Morul saw them. Even then, it would still result in a dex check to get out of the way, which you got this turn anyways.  Don't worry, I'm assuming you're looking, but even doing that you can't see everything coming every time.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »

Use manip to push away the worm things on me and crush them. If Morul can't get his assailants off of him, do the same for him.
You wouldn't have seen it anyways, they were coming in from behind you. Thats why Morul saw them. Even then, it would still result in a dex check to get out of the way, which you got this turn anyways.  Don't worry, I'm assuming you're looking, but even doing that you can't see everything coming every time.

((Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up.)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2015, 02:07:09 pm »

Keep doing my safe (hopefully) nothing for now, sit in the jeep, once again shank anything that gets too close.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 02:44:39 pm »

"Holy shit they are escalating in lethality rather quickly" Make sure not to exit/fall out of Jeep, keep an eye on my surroundings and be ready to dodge first, shoot second
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 03:28:05 pm »

"Swimming through the ground? Yarr, we be driving on uncharted waters now. So buckle up mateys, thar be no telling what manner of beasties lurk beneath these deceptively calm slopes. But I'll get you through, with the help of me trusty navigator Morul, or me name's not Captain Ronald. Yarr, hoist the colors."

Put on a terrible pirate accent and, once anybody who needs back on the jeep, drive west again, following advice from those with vision modes

"...and really bad eggs..."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:54:17 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2015, 04:16:18 pm »

Which way do we go! Which way to we GO?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2015, 04:29:45 pm »

Which way do we go! Which way to we GO?

"I already told you to go WEST you deaf git."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2015, 04:34:57 pm »

What I mean is that there's holes everywhere! If I hit another, everyone's in the shit and I can't see them!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45