Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81482 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2015, 09:51:31 pm »

Iveso looked at the side for a moment, taking a look at those pod doors for a moment before moving closer.
"Guess we got ourselves some free shields here. And you hear the boss, time to get moving!"
Grab one of the pod doors and use it as a shield. Also help the others to board the jeep, but keeping an eye on the surroundings.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2015, 10:21:03 pm »

"Roger. Suppose yer best equipped to handle them tiny litte tendrils, what with you being a goddamn Avatar. Now everyone in the goddamn jeep, before it gets smart and pokes the tires."

Stand ready to run next to the jeeps, Brisant strapped securely to my back.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2015, 02:58:42 am »

"Yessah. I, ah, am already in the jeep. Let's get moving yeah? I do not like this planet at all."

Stay on jeep. Keep an eye out for more presents from the planet coming from the ground. Examine Miya's EKG readings when they reach me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:35:26 pm by Pufferfish »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2015, 03:22:30 am »

"Ryan, could you take a look at my EKG in the meantime?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »

"Sure thing, sir. I'm up for anything that doesn't make me step on the ground here."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »

Roger, moving westward, sir."

"Okay space cowboys, please keep your hands and lasers inside the rodeo at all times. Bonus to the first sighting of a jeep-sized mouth!"

Drive jeep 1 and contents slowly west. Keep line of sight with robot overlord at all times. Don't drive off a cliff, biological or natural.

Jeep 1
  • Eddie
  • Zayne
  • Ryan
  • Judas
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2015, 08:03:40 pm »

"So, what's your name?" He asked the driver.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2015, 03:00:46 pm »

FOUR TURNS HAVE PASSED

Zayne turned his microphone for comms back on, "You guys alright?" He then tried to see if there was any solitaire software, play that unless someone needs help gettin' into the jeep.
Really? Solitaire on the planet of homicidal mold?

"Yeah, OK, that's enough standing around waiting to get killed, time to get in a vehicle" If there is an empty or driverless Jeep, get in the drivers seat, if not, any available seat will do
I don't think anyone has gone into the second jeep, so consider that one taken.

"We are leaving NOW, get into a jeep or get left behind.

Jeep 1, start moving west now, drive slowly and carefully. Jeep 2, start moving as well once the rest of the non-giant robot or flying troops are loaded up. Armored people and robots help the others board the jeep if possible."

Use manip to rip off the pod's door without damaging it or the trooper (I have some aux skill, if that helps to figure that out) and then get him out and place him on the second jeep. If the jeep has left, follow it and just keep carrying him for now. If jeeps have left and there's other fleshy people still mucking about, carry them as well.

Also pw, can we assume any braindeads just piled into a jeep and are in follow mode?

And, and check EKG again after using manip. Also send off results to teammate for analysis.

You get the pod open and huck the guy inside it into jeep 2.

We'll assume you pile them like firewood onto the floor of jeep 2. But if they keep staying brain dead for like 2 weeks, we should really just kill them off.

You send the EKG to...who?

"Right, you heard the boss, get in a jeep, or get left behind. Miyamoto, think you can pick it up, take it with us for now, just so we can start moving?"

Head over to the damaged pod, and take a look with my cameyes, trying to see what caused the failure. If  Miyamoto picks it up, climb up him so I can examine the pod, and possibly work out a way to open it safely.
Thats done. Which jeep you in/following?

Jeep 2 Now!
Jeep 2 it is.

"Hey, what's going on out there??"

Go for it.  Get the pod open using the knowledge that was relayed to Tek.
Pretty sure Miya did that for you. Rather forcefully.

Jump in closest jeep quick slash away any tendrils that get too close with my knife.
I'll just assume you make it to jeep 2.

Iveso looked at the side for a moment, taking a look at those pod doors for a moment before moving closer.
"Guess we got ourselves some free shields here. And you hear the boss, time to get moving!"
Grab one of the pod doors and use it as a shield. Also help the others to board the jeep, but keeping an eye on the surroundings.
Well, you grab one of the doors but using it as a shield might be hard. It's not very big and there's no good way to hold it like an actual shield.

"Roger. Suppose yer best equipped to handle them tiny litte tendrils, what with you being a goddamn Avatar. Now everyone in the goddamn jeep, before it gets smart and pokes the tires."

Stand ready to run next to the jeeps, Brisant strapped securely to my back.
Which one you following?

"Yessah. I, ah, am already in the jeep. Let's get moving yeah? I do not like this planet at all."

Stay on jeep. Keep an eye out for more presents from the planet coming from the ground. Examine Miya's EKG readings when they reach me.
You examine the readings. They look fine to you, nothing to worry about.

Roger, moving westward, sir."

"Okay space cowboys, please keep your hands and lasers inside the rodeo at all times. Bonus to the first sighting of a jeep-sized mouth!"

Drive jeep 1 and contents slowly west. Keep line of sight with robot overlord at all times. Don't drive off a cliff, biological or natural.

Jeep 1
  • Eddie
  • Zayne
  • Ryan
  • Judas
You head west and make it to the next grid space but quickly manage to get your jeep's front left tire caught in a deep hole. The entire jeep lists heavily to the side, almost tossing the passengers out onto the skin. It wriggles and squirms, anticipating the fall.

"All aboard the Jeep of safety, the party Jeep, the party Jeep of safety!"

Put on some music.
Start driving once everyone who's getting on is on.

Drive in which direction sir?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »

Go to the stuck jeep quickly, grab it/prevent ir from falling and plop it down where it won't fall over.

Then, cut a little into the ground with naginata to try and see if there's any nerve bundles. Or just dig a little with my hands if cutting doesn't work. Try not to destroy too much if possible. Then check in what direction the nerves seem to go.

"Driver, better make sure that doesn't happen again, or you're out.
Jeep 2, why the HELL aren't you moving? Get over here.

While we are waiting for the slowpokes, we'll cut a hole and try to see if we can see nerve bundles. Driver, stay ready to move, Zayne, quickly jump out and check if you find anything by cutting a little into the ground. If you see any danger or weird crap, hop back into the jeep. Judas and Ryan, either help Zayne or stay put if you're not quite handy enough. I want to have a direction to travel in once the others get here, so hurry it up."

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:29:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2015, 03:38:35 pm »

West. We go west. Catch up with the other jeep.

"Oh, sorry. We're moving now."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:50:19 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2015, 03:38:52 pm »

Drive westwards, behind miyamoto to avoid driving into stealth holes.

"I am ridiculously glad we brought this jeep. "
Jeep 1
  • Eddie: driver
  • Zayne
  • Ryan
  • Judas
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:03:56 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2015, 04:16:47 pm »

Follow Jeep 2 on foot, running behind and to the right of it. Cycle through vision modes on the cam-eyes, trying to find one that will let me detect any pitfalls under the skin.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2015, 04:54:51 pm »

Jeep 1, Passenger.

"Yes sir,"
Once the jeep's settled down, Zayne hops out and makes a quick incision in the ground (With the combat knife), if any alien death peni come out, he retreats. He also checks the direction they're coming from. Then climbs back in.
(The mono-machete would sorta detonate the flesh, or, well, pulp it right? So I shouldn't use that?)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:02:50 pm by Shaporia »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2015, 04:58:14 pm »

West. We go west

"Oh, sorry. We're moving now."

((You're driving Jeep 2 right?))

"I imagine I say this a lot, but the sooner we are off this planet, the better..." Keep an eye on anything that looks like it might be Haebi, and be ready to shoot it/duck out of it's way if it tries anything
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:00:32 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2015, 06:15:19 pm »

Steady myself, to make sure I don't fall out now or when the avatar grabs us.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45