Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81429 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 07:08:27 am »

Good to know. How's things going over there?

((Do we even have radio comms with the other team?))
((If not directly, probably indirectly, relaying our comms through the Sword.))

No casualties during drop. One of the pods malfunctioned and trapped Ulrich Leland inside; several people are working on getting him out now. We've got two directions from nerves and are about to split the team to follow both. The Haebi has started growing tendrils from wherever anyone has stepped, though it hasn't started attacking us, yet. How's Gyromitra doing?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 08:17:12 am »

"Waiting on your orders to move out, sir."
"Start moving west once there's about 6 people in the jeep, wait for us 1 map square away if we lag behind. Don't drive too fast.

Also, we need a driver for the second jeep. And a replacement driver just in case."
((aka people with some aux.))

Good to know. How's things going over there?

((Do we even have radio comms with the other team?))
((If not directly, probably indirectly, relaying our comms through the Sword.))

No casualties during drop. One of the pods malfunctioned and trapped Ulrich Leland inside; several people are working on getting him out now. We've got two directions from nerves and are about to split the team to follow both. The Haebi has started growing tendrils from wherever anyone has stepped, though it hasn't started attacking us, yet. How's Gyromitra doing?
((Could be that Steve wants radiosilence, but probably not.))
"Had some pod troubles as well, we're fixing that and then we'll head out a little away from the drop site. We'll see if splitting up is needed then.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:18 am »

"Okay, people! I need 2 more fools in Jeep 1! Guaranteedtermsandconditionsapply return ticket to hell, coming right up!
Idle Jeep 1, containing
  • Eddie
  • Zayne
  • Ryan
  • Judas
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 09:43:30 am »

Begin playing tetris with the suit while I wait. "C'mon T block, the hell are you doing?" He muttered.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 05:43:47 pm »

THREE TURNS HAVE PASSED

"People, do not take samples unless ordered to. Or at least announce what you intend to do and wait for confirmation. Need I remind you that one false move means potential disaster? Anyways, now that you did do it, Ian, try to check if you can see any clues as to where the nerve cluster might be, then get into the jeep. Iveso, you tell the gunnerbots to follow the jeep for now, and to hold fire.

Morul, quickly check if we have everyone. Once they're all on the jeep, we'll move west, away from the drop zone, in case ripping up the ground pissed it off."

Check EKG. Try to get the last pod open. Use aux if possible, if not use manip to rip it off.

Think about where the cluster might be, judging from what I know about it and the terrain.

((PW, by the way, there were supposed to be 2 jeeps per team. Unless 1 is enough to transport everybody (sans giant warmachines)?))
Yeah, you have two jeeps.

You attempt to pry the thing open but your big fat fingers keep slipping off.

It's probably some place lower then this.

Stay out of the way while Miya opens the pod, then once it's open help Tek out if he needs help.
Then get in the second jeep.

Well he doesn't get it open but we'll stick you in a jeep regardless.

Once more into the jeep.
You too

When Iveso was finally free from the cage, he stepped forward and saluted briefly."Thank you. Don't know what happened to the freaking cage. And you got it!"
Tell the gunnerbots to follow the jeep and to hold fire.

You set the gunnerbots to follow the jeep, but keep their weapon's locked.

"Waiting on your orders to move out, sir."
Idle Jeep 1, containing
  • Eddie
  • Zayne
  • Ryan
  • Judas
Dis is good. Keep doing this.
"Erg... Sorry boss! I just saw the skin and I thought... nevermind. Could I slice open a chunk of the flesh and peel it away to see the underlying structure, or should I hold off?"

Ian stood and thought about the situation for a moment, then remembered that the general didn't answer his question when asked earlier.

"General, would you consider microwave amps in the same category as light lasers? They both cause damage by heating up matter, if I understand correctly."

Quickly look for some sort of underlying structure before the tendrils cover up the wound, then hop in the jeep. Also, light up two bluesmokes, if that is somehow possible in a suit.

In the old suits this would be possible because they were loose enough that you could pull your arm into it and move stuff around inside. But these new ones are using mechanical pressure to keep you from exploding so...you'd have to remove your helmet.  Also, you  bend down to look at the hole...

Carefully try and get the pod open in one of the safer ways possible, not the fastest.  Stop immediately if someone else starts to open the pod.
You slice off the outer armor section without any real problems. But that inner one has the explosive bolts so it's gonna require AUX or general knowledge roll plus the uncon roll to open it. Wanna go for it? Also, you're still standing on the surface....

Hold on to the jeep, in case it starts driving.
Ok.

Keep a hold of the jeep. Keep an eye on the horizon. Do I get a good feeling here, beyond the fact of "Oh god giant planet fungus"?
You get a tingly, want-to-keep-your-feet-off-the-ground impending action feeling.

Continue helping people out of there pods if some are still stuck, otherwise enter a Jeep, preferred drivers seat, but Amy spare seat will do
Well, there's still that guy...You've got no aux but you've got general knowledge...

You point out to Tek the best way to cut the pod so that he wouldn't trigger the explosive bolts.

Alright....Lets see who's still standing around on the skin.

Miyamoto
Morul
Kyle
Tek
Ian (Who gets a bonus since he's looking)
Vincent
Iveso

Those Finger thick tendrils wave a little faster and then a long, thin spike sprouts from their tip. They whip about, and strike like rattle snakes.
Miyamoto doesn't notice, because he's in enough armor to shame a nuclear bunker. Moral is a robot so the spike stabbing into his leg is completely ineffective. Kyle sees the strike coming and manages to mostly dodge it, but still takes a shallow hit just above the ankle. He seems to have no ill effects, beyond the minor scratch. Tek gets lucky and the sting catches him harmlessly in the robotic leg. Ivan, who is literally watching the tendrils change and strike at him, throws himself back out of the way, landing on his back, screaming, a good 5 or 6 feet away. Vincent dodges as well and Iveso completely ignores it thanks to his suit.

Lucky lucky lucky.  Lets see if the others are as lucky as you.

Tick tock friends, tick tock.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

"If you're not on a jeep or doing anything helpful you're going to want to get on one."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 06:23:27 pm »

Zayne turned his microphone for comms back on, "You guys alright?" He then tried to see if there was any solitaire software, play that unless someone needs help gettin' into the jeep.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »

"Yeah, OK, that's enough standing around waiting to get killed, time to get in a vehicle" If there is an empty or driverless Jeep, get in the drivers seat, if not, any available seat will do
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »

"We are leaving NOW, get into a jeep or get left behind.

Jeep 1, start moving west now, drive slowly and carefully. Jeep 2, start moving as well once the rest of the non-giant robot or flying troops are loaded up. Armored people and robots help the others board the jeep if possible."

Use manip to rip off the pod's door without damaging it or the trooper (I have some aux skill, if that helps to figure that out) and then get him out and place him on the second jeep. If the jeep has left, follow it and just keep carrying him for now. If jeeps have left and there's other fleshy people still mucking about, carry them as well.

Also pw, can we assume any braindeads just piled into a jeep and are in follow mode?

And, and check EKG again after using manip. Also send off results to teammate for analysis.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:16:38 am by Radio Controlled »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2015, 06:51:44 pm »

"Right, you heard the boss, get in a jeep, or get left behind. Miyamoto, think you can pick it up, take it with us for now, just so we can start moving?"

Head over to the damaged pod, and take a look with my cameyes, trying to see what caused the failure. If  Miyamoto picks it up, climb up him so I can examine the pod, and possibly work out a way to open it safely.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »

"Right, you heard the boss, get in a jeep, or get left behind. Miyamoto, think you can pick it up, take it with us for now, just so we can start moving?"

Head over to the damaged pod, and take a look with my cameyes, trying to see what caused the failure. If  Miyamoto picks it up, climb up him so I can examine the pod, and possibly work out a way to open it safely.

"I'll try to open it myself, you people leave, I'll catch up and plop him in a jeep then."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2015, 06:54:12 pm »

Jeep 2 Now!

Nunzillor

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 07:51:44 pm »

"Hey, what's going on out there??"

Go for it.  Get the pod open using the knowledge that was relayed to Tek.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:59:16 pm by Nunzillor »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »

"All aboard the Jeep of safety, the party Jeep, the party Jeep of safety!"

Put on some music.
Start driving once everyone who's getting on is on.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:51:30 am by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2015, 09:15:49 pm »

Jump in closest jeep quick slash away any tendrils that get too close with my knife.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45